• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChucklesB

Nov 4, 2017
And y'all said wcw was fucking dead

Haha the 30-second main event with ALL THE FUCKERY. Take that AEW and Cody wanting to be WCW.

(Difference being this was oddly satisfying rather than a fuck no-finish for no point. And the Main Event wasn't hyped up ALL NIGHT AS ONE OF THE BIGGEST NIGHTS IN OUR SPORT, to get that fuck finish.)

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Man, if that's at all indicative of what we're gonna get every week then I am so thankful to AEW for making this happen. lol

ChucklesB

Nov 4, 2017
I agree. I just wonder if it's limiting and what the potential for growth is with it.

I mean they're running the show from the same arena every week either way, so I dunno what the growth potential is regardless as the PPVs sell out whenever they happen regardless.

(If you mean TV ratings, I dunno how much presentation and arena tie into that, especially when, again, they don't travel anyway.)

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I really think a tiny percentage will give a shit about the square footage of the arena. Most are interested in what's happening in the 20x20 ring.

We'll see. I dunno. Just something about it. Part of the reason I couldn't get into NXT on a regular basis when I tried watching it a few years ago. Anyway, will give the episode a watch once it becomes available and see if my opinion changes after seeing it all laid out.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
I'm in the middle of a Masters Of Horror season 1 binge. Stopping in an hour for the American Horror Story season premiere, then getting back to it 🥳

Cigarette Burns 👀 John Carpenter having made something great this millennium 👀

Now if yall want some quality live TV viewing, AHS 1984 starting in 3 minutes let's get lit horrorERA 🥳 🥳 🥳

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Obviously a different time, but TNA did 2 million viewers airing out of the Impact Zone. I don't think it matters that much if the product is good.

Wasn't that 2 million a supercard show with Hogan, Sting, and a bunch of other well-known names? I know what you mean, though. Like I said, I'll give it a whirl. Only caught the first two matches before I had to pay more attention to my kids and put them to bed.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So announced for next week we have:

- Dijak vs. Lee
- Dakota Kai returning

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Also this for next week. Riddle vs. Dain, winner gets a shot at Adam Cole

DarkstarIV

Feb 21, 2018
Seems like this may be the beginning of an actual push for Candice. She's claiming in a backstage interview that because Io attempted to end her career, that it lit a fire in her, and now she's gonna dethrone Shayna.

Honestly I would still stick to the plan of Io being able to outwrestle and outwit Candice at every turn, causing her to lose the title at War Games or something.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So in two hours they managed to fit:

- Io vs. Candice vs. Mia vs. Bianca
- Cameron Grimes squash match
- Roddy vs. Dream
- Pete Dunne vs. Arturo Ruas
- Xia Li vs. Aliyah
- Imperium/KUSHIDA segment
- Oney Lorcan vs. Lio Rush
- Riddle vs. Dain
- Promos for Dijak, Lee, Damien Priest, and Dakota Kai

ChucklesB

Nov 4, 2017

- Roddy vs. Dream
- Xia Li vs. Aliyah
- Riddle vs. Dain

You need 3 hours to get anything done though, we know this. We need the show-opening 30-minute promo for starters.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

- Roddy vs. Dream
- Xia Li vs. Aliyah
- Riddle vs. Dain
I didnt even realize it was that much. Plus the show ended by 950 so it was under two hours.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
EEytno8WwAMFJpc.jpg

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada

- Roddy vs. Dream
- Xia Li vs. Aliyah
- Riddle vs. Dain
It didn't even feel like two hours went by, incredible pacing by Triple H.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
One thing that was neat about the show is that it showcased the best of all the Network shows, not just NXT.

You had Imperium as a big part of the show and a CW #1 contender's match.

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So looking ahead to October 2nd against AEW, we already have Baszler vs. Candice. I expect WALTER/KUSHIDA to end up on that episode too. Wonder what else.

Status
Not open for further replies.