• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I made a couple follow-up posts talking about this, clarifying that I'm looking at this through the lens of income inequality, especially re: corporate pay structure.

Why though? Lol Gestures like this almost always come out of the company budget, not the CEO's back pocket. You're over thinking this and trying to turn it into something it isn't.

Septimus

Oct 27, 2017
God I hate certain threads lately. Fucking turning good news into negative bullshit. We get it, you're edgy and the 'devil's advocate'/both sides. But please give it a rest! On topic, this is really awesome and I wish there was a recording of their reactions coming in and getting them!

AIan

Oct 20, 2019
PS5's aren't as expensive to buy from scalpers. I remember about 6 months ago they went for around $1000, now it's closer to $750-850

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
User threadbanned, pending further action: hostility, derailment, cross-thread drama
You people all suck.

Let's get back to calling out things that actually matter such as the blatant sexism in this game.

You know, everyone and their mother thought this was Bayonetta when it was revealed because it is so strikingly similar. Where is your "blatant sexism" fire for Bayonetta 3 threads? Oh wait, a quick look shows you are looking forward to that sexist game.

www.resetera.com

RUMOR: Bayonetta 3 to release in summer 2018

I think this deserved a thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/7nvc3n/bayonetta_is_coming_in_2018_on_good_authority/ Apparently the leaker say that Bayonetta 3 may release during summer 2018, and we will hear about it in the next Nintendo direct. Personally, i would be a bit...

Some of ya'll are just fucking hypocrites.

Servbot24

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You know, everyone and their mother thought this was Bayonetta when it was revealed because it is so strikingly similar. Where is your "blatant sexism" fire for Bayonetta 3 threads? Oh wait, a quick look shows you are looking forward to that sexist game.

www.resetera.com

RUMOR: Bayonetta 3 to release in summer 2018

I think this deserved a thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/7nvc3n/bayonetta_is_coming_in_2018_on_good_authority/ Apparently the leaker say that Bayonetta 3 may release during summer 2018, and we will hear about it in the next Nintendo direct. Personally, i would be a bit...

Some of ya'll are just fucking hypocrites.
This is some of the most disingenuous drivel I have ever read, honestly. Not to mention pathetic, searching through my post history for 3 years back to a thread from 2018. All that just to reveal the scandalous, shocking revelation that I was... looking forward to Bayonetta 3. Oh my god.

Guess what! Looking forward to a game does not mean you agree with everything in it. 90% of games ever made have elements of sexism or racism. I play them still, and I maintain the right to criticize their contents. Buying and enjoying a product does not mean you support every aspect of that product or practice of that company. Guess what else? I might buy Project Eve if it's a good game. And I'm going to continue calling it sexist all the while. AND I'm going to do all of that without being a hypocrite.

If you are going to call me a hypocrite for playing Bayonetta, then I sure as hell hope you do not own or are interested in any product produced as a result of the capitalist, sexist, racist society that we live in. I know for sure you don't own a console or PC, because you of course, are not a hypocrite.

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
The game and company just got a huge ass boost from having their work show up in the Playstation showcase. Its an insane marketing win, and from reactions i see online its all positive or intrigued impressons. They must be feeling good.

A great gesture by the CEO.

Dizastah

Oct 25, 2017
God I hate certain threads lately. Fucking turning good news into negative bullshit. We get it, you're edgy and the 'devil's advocate'/both sides. But please give it a rest! On topic, this is really awesome and I wish there was a recording of their reactions coming in and getting them!
I wish there was a specific thread that deals with what the folks are concerned about because every thread about this game/company is going to get derailed........and that's not exactly fair to people who want to talk about other aspects of the game/company.

Anyway....is Shift Up an independent studio?

Last edited:

SilverX

Jan 21, 2018
This is some of the most disingenuous drivel I have ever read, honestly. Not to mention pathetic, searching through my post history for 3 years back to a thread from 2018. All that just to reveal the scandalous, shocking revelation that I was... looking forward to Bayonetta 3. Oh my god.

Guess what! Looking forward to a game does not mean you agree with everything in it. 90% of games ever made have elements of sexism or racism. I play them still, and I maintain the right to criticize their contents. Buying and enjoying a product does not mean you support every aspect of that product or practice of that company. Guess what else? I might buy Project Eve if it's a good game. And I'm going to continue calling it sexist all the while. AND I'm going to do all of that without being a hypocrite.

If you are going to call me a hypocrite for playing Bayonetta, then I sure as hell hope you do not own or are interested in any product produced as a result of the capitalist, sexist, racist society that we live in. I know for sure you don't own a console or PC, because you of course, are not a hypocrite.

Man, you sure are giving a performance here just because a 5 second search showed you were looking forward to a game that is exactly like the one you were calling "blatantly sexist", yet for some reason, you feel the need to call it out here and stay quiet about Bayonetta 3 exhibiting the same sexism issue.

And the whole "whatabout YOU buying products and stuff!" is neither here nor there. I am just sick of members here choosing which games they want to go after and give a free pass to (whether because its published by Nintendo, it was their first game, whatever) and actually hype up/express excitement over when they have identical issues. Thats the only thing disingenuous here.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico

One of my hopes for the future is to never, EVER, become as cynic, negative and overall unpleasant as some people on this site.

giallo

Oct 27, 2017
Seoul
It's super easy to find PS5s in Korea. Karrot (a popular marketplace app) is filled with PS5 resellers, and the prices aren't bad. I got my PS5 for around $20 over the MSRP.

I don't know the numbers, but Sony is all-in on dominating the console space in Korea. There seems to be a large shipment of PS5 consoles here every two weeks judging by my Karrot app filling up with PS5s biweekly.

It probably took the boss of Shift Up a few months to secure the consoles, but it's entirely doable.

Yappa

Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg/Germany
That's pretty cool from him and I'm impressed that this known artist is actually the CEO of that studio.
Also, ALL that gacha money, damn. Nice office they have there.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
I'm getting more cynical as I get older sure, but man, I would never spin news this wholesome into something negative. Can't a nice gesture just be a nice gesture?

Plus now 260 developers get to play Gravity Rush Remastered. (Assuming they didn't have a PS4 of course).

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
I am sure the employees getting a PS5 will be concerned about that, while playing games such as Ratchet. /s

Sorry, if that comes of as snarky. But I don't think employees will care one bit why their CEO delivered them the present. Fact of the matter is, the CEO didn't need to do that and at the end of the day, those employees will be happy. The reasons behind the gift doesn't really matter imo.
Can't a nice gesture just be a nice gesture?
This

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I'm trying to find just a single one for 10 months and this guy but 260 at the same time.

____

Oct 27, 2017
Miami, FL
Seems some of you should've been more creative and applied for a job at Shift Up instead of hawking Twitter for stock reups. Tsk tsk.

Crumrin

Banned
Feb 27, 2020
That's a nice gesture! I'm glad the team is in good spirits after the showcase, the game is really cool!

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
I mean there are pretty obvious booty shots in the trailer but it's by no means the most egregious oversexualized female character design out there lol

I'm just responding to the post saying that this place doesn't call out sexist shit in nin-western games.

noinspiration

Jun 22, 2020
I'm sure other people have mentioned this, but the notable thing here is that he managed to secure 260 of the things. I guess he could've just paid scalper prices?

Also, I keep reading this as "Shut Up CEO..."

crimsonECHIDNA

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
lol this website could turn anything into a negative

So many users on here are utterly miserable and want to drag others down to their level, it's sad.

See I'm kind of of the stance that a healthy level of skepticism towards what is essentially a PR Puff piece is okay. But people have kind of taken it to the opposite extreme of insinuating the absolute worse, and in one case used it as a platform to shame anyone who didn't immediately criticize the character design in the game.

There's a real fixation on posting "Gotchas."

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
See I'm kind of of the stance that a healthy level of skepticism towards what is essentially a PR Puff piece is okay. But people have kind of taken it to the opposite extreme of insinuating the absolute worse, and in one case used it as a platform to shame anyone who didn't immediately criticize the character design in the game.

There's a real fixation on posting "Gotchas."

I'd say the overall response to those approaching this "feel good" story with criticality has been counterproductive, whatever you think of where those people landed. For one thing, it's just made this thread worse, filling it with an amount of meta whining that almost certainly outnumbers whatever unnecessary negativity has been posted; for another, the basic instinct to deconstruct these sort of stories is a good one, and the backlash to that hasn't been targeted (at the "extremes") so much as it has just bemoaned the phenomenon of people finding negative angles to fluffy corporate stories.

Like, I dig this story. This artist also being CEO of a gaming company is cool to me. I'm overflowing with positive angles. There's almost always going to be space for pushback, though, and this is no exception.

Seriously, at this point it boggles my mind how people here are more allergic to the presence of "negativity" than to our penchant for forming circular firing squads at the drop of a hat. More often than not it's the latter that derails threads.