• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
from an article about a new figure

deepl translation

Let's go to ....... This has become a big deal. Jinshura is one of the most popular characters in the "Shin Megami Tensei" series among the fans. Since this is a bust of her, there is no way they can compromise on perfection. And when it comes to the 1/1 scale, there's no room for error. In addition, thanks to the sales of the game "Shin Megami Tensei III: NOCTURNE HD REMASTER", which has sold over 500,000 copies, the price of the bust is said to be close to that amount.

original jp article
hobby.dengeki.com

暗闇で全身のタトゥーが怪しく光る!『真・女神転生III NOCTURNE HD REMASTER』人修羅が1/1スケール胸像フィギュア化!悪魔としての恐ろしさを表現できるようアトラスが完全監修 | 電撃ホビーウェブ

全高約100センチの大迫力サイズ!『真・女神転生III NOCTURNE HD REMASTER』人修羅の1/1スケール胸像フィギュアが登場!全身のタトゥーは蓄光塗料を採用し、暗闇で怪しく光る!

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I was one of them! I haven't played it much but I gotta support my Nocturne.

MaxAugust

Jan 28, 2018
I suspect that is a very good return on their investment.

Wish they had put some more effort into the port but it is alright. Glad to see SMT doing well.

Faiyaz

Nov 30, 2017
Bangladesh
That's pretty decent right, seeing how the best selling entry in the series is at 600k?

(3 platforms versus 1 probably helped a lot though, but still).

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
They had shipped 250k in April before the western release so roughly half from the localization, probably 200k at minimum.

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
So is that good? Not sure what a remaster from this series would be expected to sell.

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
That's way higher than I expected and I'm happy about it.
I thought it flopped.

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
Not bad considering how much it cost with the dlc not even included. Bought the Switch version but didn't play it yet.

Is it already possible to mod the Steam release to play at 60fps?

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
So I just realized a remaster of DDS probably wouldn't have this in it:

I don't know if I'm willing to make this sacrifice

I mean, its not that important of a song XD, i'll be happy not to potentially not listen to Sara singing in english or Cielo's Patois

FinFunnels

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
That's honestly a lot better than I expected. I hope this leads to more remasters from Atlus.

Also, please fix the internal resolution in the Steam version!

Nucarn

Jan 15, 2020
Belgium
Sincerely believe this could do better if it was not a remaster selling for 50€ still waiting for a more digestible price for this before I jump in!

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
i meant to buy it, but never got around to it. now with smtv, i'm gonna have to skip it. might come back around next year sometime.

jungius

Sep 5, 2021
what great is that they don't sell it heavily discounted, so moar profit for them congrats

what's not great is that was a bad remaster with only 30 fps, some bugs and distorted bgm, I don't want to encourage them giving us more bad remasters in future.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
I'm conflicted... on one hand that's great, on the other hand it was a bit substandard and way overpriced so it's a little unfortunate that it still sold so well. Whatever, I'm a hypocrite who bought it anyway because I really want 'em to bring more stuff to PC.

Still, fingers crossed that if they do Digital Devil Saga, it's a 2-for-1 package for $60 and not $60 apiece. DDS already has voice acting, which is presumably the most expensive new addition in the Nocturne remaster.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
I would love that. I had both on PS2 for the longest time and just recently played and really enjoyed them.

Also it seems like Sega has a hole to fill with Lost Judgement putting an end to that series. I could imagine them giving RGG the reigns to make a Raidou game in the Dragon Engine with more of a focus on investigation and a crazy story like the first game. It's too perfect a fit to not happen.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Torn between wanting SMT to succeed and not wanting to reward Atlus for charging a high price for a mediocre port. Such a classic game deserved better.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Could have been higher if they put more meaningful effort in that port. It's just merely playable, not a definitive edition I could say would make me shelve my PS2 original copy.

DJwest

Oct 26, 2017
Had to buy it to support SMT. Now give us Devil Summoner and Digital Devil Saga

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to give the hot take that it's a good port in the best of a bad situation. Changing too much would be detrimental to the game. Changing stuff like having an option to choose inherited skills in fine, but I feel like changing too much would easily compromise the original. They said in an interview they made sure to respect the original, unlike Strange Journey Redux.

There's plenty of frustrations with this remaster, such as the technical issues and lack of higher quality music, but I think the gains it made make it better than the original, and still preserves the original experience, which is exactly what I wanted.

I do echo the sentiment that it was overpriced though.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I bought it to support SMT on PC but not until it was $30 or less

The quality of the port did not match up with that price tag
I wouldn't be surprised if it sold the least on PC by a wide margin because of that

Deluxera

Mar 13, 2020
I would have bought it to support the franchise but the unacceptable quality of the port made me skip. Now if I find it under a certain price I will get it but it's not a priority at all.

Soupbones

Oct 26, 2017
Wound up picking this up on PS4/5 after playing SMTV for a bit on Switch. I've only played IV (which I loved).

I'm only a hour into 3, but wow - that opener has me a lot more intrigued than V, that's for sure!