• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Update 1 : Discord Server is up!
Update 2 : Your friend ID is NOT your account ID ! Here's how to get your friend ID

image.png

image.png

Basic info
  • Release Date : July 23, 2018
  • Developer : Sega
  • Platform : Mobile
  • Price : F2P
system_02_ss01222diin8.png
system_02_ss01226rfas.jpg
system_02_ss0122szdqslccze.png

What is Shin Megami Tensei Liberation Dx2 ?

Branded as Sega's interpretation of the Shin Megami Tensei franchise, Dx2 is a full 3D gacha game that aims to bring the full SMT experience in your phone.

How SMT is this SMT ?

In terms of story, it is closer to the Devil Survivor spin-off than it is the mainline series. Gameplay-wise though, a lot is similar.

• The Press Turn system reappears in this game, as well as weaknesses and buffs/debuffs
  • Demon negotiation is also present, allowing you to catch demons in battles by talking to them
  • Demon fusion is obviously there and 95% of demons are available through it if you have the requisite demons and magnetite
  • Already more than a hundred demons, with brand new 3D models
  • The game has a first person view dungeon crawler mode, called the Aura Gate

Why should I be interested in this gacha compared to all the others ?
  • Dx2 has all its content right out of the gate, and it doesn't have "weekly limited event" to force you to play.
  • The endgame difficulty is fierce so it's a huge challenge that will take a lot of time and strategy to get through.
  • The gacha rate is abysmally low but you can fuse 95% of the demons with enough time commitment, with only the fiend and hero race locked behind gacha.
  • The stamina recover is ridiculous, you can recover all your stamina it in less than two hours. You almost never run out
  • There is an auto-quest that farms quest for you if you have stamina to burn but not enough time to do it yourself
  • The depth of the battle system has its own twist beyond the Press Turn system. Every demon is normally capped at 10 MP, with 3 MP being recovered every turn. So the strategy relies a lot on passing your turn to recover MP and capitalize on weaknesses. There is an interesting even playing field with this system.
  • There is an AR system allowing you to spawn your favourite demon in real life
  • MARA IN YOUR BACKYARD
DgT2sh6WkAA2Cfc.jpg

Dx2 is fairer than you'd think for F2P players not looking to spend any money. Most demons can be fused, and all demons can be evolved to max rarity. If your goal is to get Metatron the absolute unit, you can do it as a F2P. It'll take months of work, but when you get it you pretty much won the game with what is considered one of the best demons.

The soundtrack is also deserving of much praise considering it's done by one of the Yakuza composers. Very good stuff

_____

Links:

Basic Guide
PVP Tier-list
Dx2 Fusion Chart

main-kvbglkc5c.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dreamboum

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
t1532401200z4.png

Release is this week. Word gets around that it's happening at 20:00 PDT, but cannot confirm.

Zippro

May 20, 2018
Honestly, the game's way better than I thought it'd be based off the beta. My only gripe is typical gacha/mobile game stuff. Buying and pulling demons and battles being restricted to missions with whatever story details. Glad they kept demon negotiation though. It just wouldn't be SMT without it. Really looking forward to the final build.

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if I can go into another gacha game, especially with how poor the rates apparently are for this game.

But it does look interesting. I'll try it out.

Keym

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I don't think I can play three gacha games at the same time. It looks damn good though.

OP
OP
Dreamboum

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Dx2 is clearly in the upper-end of gacha games with actual depth in its mechanics so it's definitely worth trying out. If you're seeking a challenge, this is definitely the gacha to get.

Azusa

Oct 25, 2017
I played JP version on the first week. Game progression is very slow. Rates are worse than in Fate Gran Order -> just mere 0.5% for rarest summon. You have to fuse units to get some random higher rarity unit but its so slow. Fast stamina recovery and auto-quest that farms quest for you? You think its good, it's not. In order to progress faster you either pay or mindlessly auto-farm all day. Such a fun game, reminds me countless korean mobile auto battle games.

Also rerolling is almost impossible. Game forces you to complete very long tutorial.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
I played JP version on the first week. Game progression is very slow. Rates are worse than in Fate Gran Order -> just mere 0.5% for rarest summon. You have to fuse units to get some random higher rarity unit but its so slow. Fast stamina recovery and auto-quest that farms quest for you? You think its good, it's not. In order to progress faster you either pay or mindlessly auto-farm all day. Such a fun game, reminds me countless korean mobile auto battle games.

Also rerolling is almost impossible. Game forces you to complete very long tutorial.

Guess I'm out.

OP
OP
Dreamboum

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017

I also played the game and I'm rank 45.

• Demon fusion is not random.
  • I don't see the issue with fast stamina recovery since it means I get to play whenever I want without having to wait long period of times. I really can't see what's the issue with it
  • The gacha rate is hardly an issue because you get better results fusing your own demons in true SMT fashion and then evolving, especially as you get to decide the archetype. Gacha demons are fodders for archetypes and skill transfer, unless you want to whale out.

You're just looking for different things, I like being challenged and working towards a goal, and I think it is the same for most of the SMT audience. Pulling tickets is very much not the central focus of the game. It only becomes an issue when you're facing whales in PVP.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
I can finally be reunited with my beta demons! I really hope tonight is for real.

theMrCravens

Oct 25, 2017
I wish main game was more focused around the Aura Gate, but with more exploration and story to it.
Everything else is just typical mission/event banners like most mobages.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I bounce off of most of these gacha games pretty hard, but it's SMT and the mechanics sound interesting so I'll give a shot.

Whoa, whoa. I hafta do a double take at that Bicorn screenshot. He's asking the player if his hooves or "Timbs" are cool or lame???

This is one thing I love about SMT vs. Persona games, this kind of self-aware, deadpan humor.

Oct 25, 2017
I played the beta and it was somewhat of a slog looking back, but that could have been due to the time limited nature of things. It's SMT so I feel obligated to try the full one out for some time at least.

SephLuis

Oct 25, 2017
You're just looking for different things, I like being challenged and working towards a goal, and I think it is the same for most of the SMT audience. Pulling tickets is very much not the central focus of the game. It only becomes an issue when you're facing whales in PVP.

I appreciate that, but no easy way to reroll in the beginning ?
I usually don't do that, but saving a lot of time is certainly something to consider. Then again, going from what I played of the japanese release, any 3* will suffice for some time.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
I've been looking to supplement Granblue with a second mobage (I'm clinically insane), and I'll give this one a go.
Hope we get extra Gacha rolls for launch!

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Have installed it on my S9+ but won't be able to try it out until tomorrow with the servers not coming up till 8PM PDT. That'll be like 4am here. :/

Dwayne

Oct 27, 2017
Live on Google Play (in New Zealand at least). Downloading now!

edit: but service not started message on launch

Namaste

Oct 25, 2017
Its up on the ios store in Canada downloading now!

Edit: Can't play yet until the count down finishes

convo

Oct 25, 2017
So the entire story is already here huh? If it's simply time that's required to get the best demon i won't be discouraged. So it will be playable in an hour i guess.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Been waiting to try this one, downloading now.

Any specific reroll target to be aiming for?

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Checking specs and my phone can run it. Downloading the full data just cause and this song is pretty great.