• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
FYI the 2nd anniversary of SMT Dx2 celebration has started, including 200 free summons (10 per day on login), XP bonuses for new players, a new event with a free 5* demon Frost Ace, and more to come.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
FYI the 2nd anniversary of SMT Dx2 celebration has started, including 200 free summons (10 per day on login), XP bonuses for new players, a new event with a free 5* demon Frost Ace, and more to come.

Well, better time then ever to give it a second chance, I guess!

I was so miffed when I tried and tried again to get a 5* DMC5 character, and the rates were so bad it just wouldn't take. I'll give it a second shot, and hopefully I can get some nice demons this time around!

Hopefully hell biker, love that guy! So many crits!

I mean, I love the combat and demons in the game, all the different things you can do, the characters, it's all interesting and fun! But all the bull honkey surrounding the rates going down and the monetization pushes really hurt it for me and many others, and I can only hope it's steering back on track.

Last edited:

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Well, better time then ever to give it a second chance, I guess!

I was so miffed when I tried and tried again to get a 5* DMC5 character, and the rates were so bad it just wouldn't take. I'll give it a second shot, and hopefully I can get some nice demons this time around!

Hopefully hell biker, love that guy! So many crits!

I mean, I love the combat and demons in the game, all the different things you can do, the characters, it's all interesting and fun! But all the bull honkey surrounding the rates going down and the monetization pushes really hurt it for me and many others, and I can only hope it's steering back on track.

It does feel a bit back on track, as long as you don't care about high-level PVP which is definitely still in the P2W kind of territory. For PVE content it's honestly never been better. Aura Gate 2 is pretty fun if you enjoy the old school SMT dungeon crawling, and they've even added some of the former gacha-only demons to the normal summoning pool. They even got rid of the gear swap fees, so experimenting with demon builds has less friction.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
It does feel a bit back on track, as long as you don't care about high-level PVP which is definitely still in the P2W kind of territory. For PVE content it's honestly never been better. Aura Gate 2 is pretty fun if you enjoy the old school SMT dungeon crawling, and they've even added some of the former gacha-only demons to the normal summoning pool. They even got rid of the gear swap fees, so experimenting with demon builds has less friction.

Oh god, amazing! I'm not super interested in high-level PVP, so I should have a fun time! Do you or anyone else occasionally looking at this thread when it updates have any advice for starting out? I got real, Real far when I was first playing with Hell Biker and some others, but I'd nonetheless would like to efficiently use my time and resources to get ahead if I can!

I'm down to reroll a ton for this, so if you have any 5* demon reccomendations, color included, I'll try for them if I can!

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Oh god, amazing! I'm not super interested in high-level PVP, so I should have a fun time! Do you or anyone else occasionally looking at this thread when it updates have any advice for starting out? I got real, Real far when I was first playing with Hell Biker and some others, but I'd nonetheless would like to efficiently use my time and resources to get ahead if I can!

I'm down to reroll a ton for this, so if you have any 5* demon reccomendations, color included, I'll try for them if I can!

This is a really good beginner's guide.

I'm not an expert at minmaxing and whatnot, but the extensive wiki which has an awesome fusion calculator, and just searching on the subbreddit should get you pretty far (that's what I do). We also have an Era guild called Dx2 Era you're welcome to join.

As far as specific demons, I can't give you a lot of specific advice because I'm not sure where you're at in the game, but a Teal Amaterasu is a great healer/utility demon with an 8mp Mediarahan, and Huang Long will take you far in PVE content with its Five Elements skill. Yoshitsune is also great in PVE for slicing and dicing if you can manage to pull him. Amaterasu and Huang Long can both be fused.

Last edited:

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
This is a really good beginner's guide.

I'm not an expert at minmaxing and whatnot, but the extensive wiki which has an awesome fusion calculator, and just searching on the subbreddit should get you pretty far (that's what I do). We also have an Era guild called Dx2 Era you're welcome to join.

As far as specific demons, I can't give you a lot of specific advice because I'm not sure where you're at in the game, but a Teal Amaterasu is a great healer/utility demon with an 8mp Mediarahan, and Huang Long will take you far in PVE content with its Five Elements skill. Yoshitsune is also great in PVE for slicing and dicing if you can manage to pull him. Amaterasu and Huang Long can both be fused.

I unfortunately lost my Hell Biker account long ago, so I'm gonna try for a good account now!

Since Gatcha Exclusive demons are in the normal pool, I might be able to get lucky on a reroll with one or two good 5 star demons, then I'll save up for one of the step-up banners. I might be ahead of myself on that one, but I'm rerolling, so whatever! I hope I can get Mother Harlot, I love that gal!

If I can get a solid healer through fusion, then I'll do my best to get something through summoning that works well in the long run. I'll shoot for a good start now, and hopefully I don't bust with the other free summons down the line.

Do you reccomend spending my early gems on the step-up for Yoshitsune, since he's guaranteed at the end and it's unlikely but possible that I'll get to the end of his step up before it's gone? Or should I try for a different banner instead, for better rates or refilling purposes?

Don't answer if you rather not, I still appreciate your help so far! Hopefully I can pick this up and be a good Summoner for the Era Guild!

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I unfortunately lost my Hell Biker account long ago, so I'm gonna try for a good account now!

Since Gatcha Exclusive demons are in the normal pool, I might be able to get lucky on a reroll with one or two good 5 star demons, then I'll save up for one of the step-up banners. I might be ahead of myself on that one, but I'm rerolling, so whatever! I hope I can get Mother Harlot, I love that gal!

If I can get a solid healer through fusion, then I'll do my best to get something through summoning that works well in the long run. I'll shoot for a good start now, and hopefully I don't bust with the other free summons down the line.

Do you reccomend spending my early gems on the step-up for Yoshitsune, since he's guaranteed at the end and it's unlikely but possible that I'll get to the end of his step up before it's gone? Or should I try for a different banner instead, for better rates or refilling purposes?

Don't answer if you rather not, I still appreciate your help so far! Hopefully I can pick this up and be a good Summoner for the Era Guild!

My advice is, it's always a good idea to roll on the first step of a step-up summons banner, as it's 500 crystals for 10 summons and one 4-5* demon guaranteed. At step 2 I think it always goes to five 4-5*s guaranteed. That's the best value and chance at great demons that F2P players can get. 1500 gems for six guaranteed 4-5*s isn't a bad deal, especially if you're starting out.

I would skip the Frost Ace banner as he's so-so, and go for the Dimensional Susano-O banner.

The 2nd anniversary banner gives a chance of powerful, normally gacha-only demons, so that's another thought, but there's no guaranteed demons there.

Last edited:

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone having fun so far? Any good pulls from the daily pulls?

I didn't get any 5*s from the daily pulls, but I did get some new demons -- a yellow Matador, who should be really fun with his high evasion and counter attacks. Also got a purple Ym and purple Nidhoggr. How about you?

BTW if you're not in a guild, you're welcome to join the Era guild Dx2 Era. We need more active players, and you can get some good rewards for participating in the guild boss battles.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Info from the dev stream a couple days ago:

- 5* selector login bonus coming soon! I believe you can select any demon (and any color) from the general pool.
- new Hero Masakado is coming NYE, looks less broken than General Masakado, but still potentially good in pvp
- Part 2 of the story is coming soon, the theme is Ruin and they showed a picture of a destroyed Tokyo. Nocturne time!

- they're adding a new mini-Aura Gate which looks like the old SMTs - indoor dungeon crawling with randomly generated maps
3.0.00_6.png

Version 3.0 of the app:
- new UI
- evolving a demon will no longer reset their level to 1!
- equipping a brand while one is already equipped will no longer delete the first one (why was this ever a thing)
- you can now save party builds for specific Demonacalypse types

Still no info on when 4* panels are coming though.

edit: English page: https://d2-megaten-l.sega.com/en/news/detail/075810.html

Last edited:

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Hi, who is currently captain of the Dx2 Era faction? Would you mind giving me a co-captain authority? I seem to be one of the few Era people still active there. Often no choice is made for Democalypse and would love to help out with that and other things. I am Kaneko in-game.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Wow, this thread's been dead so long my post from when I first tried this game is still on this page, haha. How time flies and things change!

If anyone is still playin and wants to help me get some perspective on my account, I currently have a few nice demons curtesy of starting a week ago on the Masakado banner and getting both him AND Kali on the reroll. I later pumped all my gems into pulling on Yoshitsune as I was unaware of how much effort it would be to guarntee him and felt he would be a super safe investment for the future.

As such, I have also invested in Vouivre as completing her would get me a character fully panelled and with Phys Pierce who can debuff Acc and Def, alongside my Tokisada who can Pierce Light Nuke and buff everyone's Atk and Acc.

All things considered, between the four I have a fairly good assault team, and I'm adding Yoshi soon enough. This is my current 5*/Best Unit Roster right now.

aeVi31f.jpg

sUNhslm.jpg

Gimme a heads up if you still have that discord going, or wanna let me know what the Era team is, and feel free to respond and chat about the game!

I haven't even touched Fusion and I've managed ti make it into Intermission and clear the Protagonist Dx2 quests, so I'd say with my Magnatite totals I got a lot of positive ground to cover in the forseeable future! I'll be happy to learn and develop into having a blast with the game!

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, this thread's been dead so long my post from when I first tried this game is still on this page, haha. How time flies and things change!

If anyone is still playin and wants to help me get some perspective on my account, I currently have a few nice demons curtesy of starting a week ago on the Masakado banner and getting both him AND Kali on the reroll. I later pumped all my gems into pulling on Yoshitsune as I was unaware of how much effort it would be to guarntee him and felt he would be a super safe investment for the future.

As such, I have also invested in Vouivre as completing her would get me a character fully panelled and with Phys Pierce who can debuff Acc and Def, alongside my Tokisada who can Pierce Light Nuke and buff everyone's Atk and Acc.

All things considered, between the four I have a fairly good assault team, and I'm adding Yoshi soon enough. This is my current 5*/Best Unit Roster right now.

aeVi31f.jpg

sUNhslm.jpg

Gimme a heads up if you still have that discord going, or wanna let me know what the Era team is, and feel free to respond and chat about the game!

I haven't even touched Fusion and I've managed ti make it into Intermission and clear the Protagonist Dx2 quests, so I'd say with my Magnatite totals I got a lot of positive ground to cover in the forseeable future! I'll be happy to learn and develop into having a blast with the game!

Hey sorry, I haven't checked this thread in quite a while! Our Era discord is still at https://discord.gg/hpYZC7zn
Since the captain of the old faction stopped playing, a few of us started a new one you're welcome to join called Flowerfield.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
Hey sorry, I haven't checked this thread in quite a while! Our Era discord is still at https://discord.gg/hpYZC7zn
Since the captain of the old faction stopped playing, a few of us started a new one you're welcome to join called Flowerfield.
Thanks a bunch! I've been less active lately since I posted this but I'd be happy to join the discord at least and chat about the game occasionally, hope you have a good day.