• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SephiZack

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I killed Metatron a 2nd time and got the same error again. I sent another ticket to SEGA because this is ridiculous .-.

I used 300 gems on revives for these 2 tries.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
That's rough. I've been having intermittent connection issues as well, where sometimes it'll boot me out of the game, but only if I leave the game running in the background for a while. Because of this, I always end my play session outside of missions/fights/AG.

Pektus

Nov 24, 2017
I feel like I'm playing this game wrong.
On my 2nd reroll I got lucky and I got a 5* siegfried teal. he's okay. I also got ose teal and he hits harder than sig.
however, I dunno what to prioritize.
Do I finish story first(on chapter 5)?
Do the highest aura gate I can handle?
farm for aether?
Level up fodder?
Its nice that there's a fusion option but it can get overwhelming because of the cost on some of them.

OP
OP
Dreamboum

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I feel like I'm playing this game wrong.
On my 2nd reroll I got lucky and I got a 5* siegfried teal. he's okay. I also got ose teal and he hits harder than sig.
however, I dunno what to prioritize.
Do I finish story first(on chapter 5)?
Do the highest aura gate I can handle?
farm for aether?
Level up fodder?
Its nice that there's a fusion option but it can get overwhelming because of the cost on some of them.

You do the story, everytime you hit a roadblock you do everything else: level up, awakening with aether, fusing better demons, evolving them, etc

aura gate you can do it on top of finishing the story, it has its own gauge.

Frimaire

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I finally fused fairy-daughter. Hopefully now I can finally beat the 9th eclipse.
She can even tell I was having trouble
8MiH1Uml.jpg

haxan

Oct 25, 2017
Are there problems with this? Every time I try to open the game in iOS, I get a message that there's a new version detected and to check the app store, and then it immediately redirects me to the game's website to a 404 page.

I really dug the game--this is the first time I tried to log in since the constant connection issues last week. There's indeed no update in the app store for it, either.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Are there problems with this? Every time I try to open the game in iOS, I get a message that there's a new version detected and to check the app store, and then it immediately redirects me to the game's website to a 404 page.

I really dug the game--this is the first time I tried to log in since the constant connection issues last week. There's indeed no update in the app store for it, either.
On Android it does the same redirect, but there is an update on Google Play. So I guess the big issue is they haven't uploaded the update to the iOS app store? :/

Edit: Looking at the reddit people are saying to refresh your update page on the app store? I don't have a apple device so I can't verify.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I couldnt get the update to appear on the update page of the app store but when I went into the actual games page the update option popped up. It looks like annoyingly the update wipes the cache.

haxan

Oct 25, 2017
On Android it does the same redirect, but there is an update on Google Play. So I guess the big issue is they haven't uploaded the update to the iOS app store? :/

Edit: Looking at the reddit people are saying to refresh your update page on the app store? I don't have a apple device so I can't verify.

Ah, update is there now. It wasn't an hour ago. Maybe it was a time zone thing.

Thank you for your help!

Blizniak

Oct 25, 2017
Traded in some frogs for 5 Superior Summons and got my first 5star demons: Mara and Asherah.

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
Been doing some auto questing. Does it work while in the background? I'd like to just fool around on the internet on my phone while waiting for levels to max out.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
So there is now a Facebook like campaign. Get a nice 300k MAG if we get to the 5000 total.

PepsimanVsJoe

Oct 26, 2017
Okay yeah this game is really generous with superior summon cards.
I just scored another while brand farming and yet another from a random encounter in the Aura Gate.

...Now if only I could get some good demons out of them. Hell, I'd settle for decent archetypes. Aragamis do absolutely nothing for me.

haxan

Oct 25, 2017
I knew how to get them like a week ago when there was a link to the missions on the home screen, but where do I get enhance materials?

Almyn

Oct 26, 2017
N-Ireland
So what's a good 4-5* demon to work towards next? At the minute I'm using a teal Ose, Sandalphon, Feng Huang and either Oberon or Baphomet in the 4th position. All pretty common and useful enough demons at least for cleaning the story missions . The mag costs are so high I don't wanna waste it.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Okay yeah this game is really generous with superior summon cards.
I just scored another while brand farming and yet another from a random encounter in the Aura Gate.

...Now if only I could get some good demons out of them. Hell, I'd settle for decent archetypes. Aragamis do absolutely nothing for me.
I wouldn't say it's that generous. It's a REALLY low drop chance on them.

I got two in one aura gate run and then never saw any again for a good number of days. Only seen one from brand farming, too.

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
When I get a lot of low-rarity demons, is it a better idea to make them exp fodder or fuse them into nicer things? I do feel pretty overwhelmed looking at the options and want a more ideal way to grow my demons assuredly.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Does this game halt your progress like Yugioh Durl Links does? I don't know why I'm using that as a comparison but it's the only mobile game I've enjoyed recently. That is until it became increasingly grinding just to accomplish missions and beat the "chapter."

Oct 28, 2017
Does this game halt your progress like Yugioh Durl Links does? I don't know why I'm using that as a comparison but it's the only mobile game I've enjoyed recently. That is until it became increasingly grinding just to accomplish missions and beat the "chapter."

Every hour or so all your stamina comes back, so you can continue levelling, doing story missions and all the other stuff it has to hand for stamina. When you run out, you still have PVP stamina for doing PVP and Aura Gate steps to let you explore a big dungeon.

I almost never find myself out of things to do. The best bit is that a lot of grinding can be automated, so when I'm auto-battling to level up demons for evolving others (basically you take an X star rank demon, and that number of stars of other demons of the same rank, and put them together to make the next star rank for the original demon), I'm just playing other games on my PC or Switch, or doing work at my job.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Every hour or so all your stamina comes back, so you can continue levelling, doing story missions and all the other stuff it has to hand for stamina. When you run out, you still have PVP stamina for doing PVP and Aura Gate steps to let you explore a big dungeon.

I almost never find myself out of things to do. The best bit is that a lot of grinding can be automated, so when I'm auto-battling to level up demons for evolving others (basically you take an X star rank demon, and that number of stars of other demons of the same rank, and put them together to make the next star rank for the original demon), I'm just playing other games on my PC or Switch, or doing work at my job.

Interesting. I love SMT so I'm gonna give it a try anyway, but I was just a bit wary about it being F2P.

OP
OP
Dreamboum

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Interesting. I love SMT so I'm gonna give it a try anyway, but I was just a bit wary about it being F2P.

All the content is right out of the gate. If you need bi-weekly limited events like most gacha you won't get that, but you can work your way to beat the hardest content in that game. It's going to involve planning and grinding, but it's doable. At least in the first few months you won't run out of things to do.

Oct 28, 2017

The only truly gated behind F2P shit are a selection of famous demons (Lucifer, Mara, etc), and the drop rates are so silly it aint worth paying towards it. I honestly don't see myself being gated out of anything worthwhile in the game, because everything comes back so fast. I just feel like the microtransactions are there for people who want to shortcut the waiting for stamina regen, but it regens quick and there's alternatives to levelling/resource gathering otherwise.

Aura Gate for instance, I use that to grind xp and magnetite (used for fusion) when my stamina for normal fights runs out. Its like an old school SMT dungeon, first person, and to move one step takes away from a resource of steps. Right now I've got 2700~, I finish a floor and I'll have gained a couple hundred just from doing that. They keep piling up and I never seem to run out.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
The only truly gated behind F2P shit are a selection of famous demons (Lucifer, Mara, etc), and the drop rates are so silly it aint worth paying towards it. I honestly don't see myself being gated out of anything worthwhile in the game, because everything comes back so fast. I just feel like the microtransactions are there for people who want to shortcut the waiting for stamina regen, but it regens quick and there's alternatives to levelling/resource gathering otherwise.

Aura Gate for instance, I use that to grind xp and magnetite (used for fusion) when my stamina for normal fights runs out. Its like an old school SMT dungeon, first person, and to move one step takes away from a resource of steps. Right now I've got 2700~, I finish a floor and I'll have gained a couple hundred just from doing that. They keep piling up and I never seem to run out.

So you still have stuff to do even after running out of energy? That's cool.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
Just unlocked Aura Gate, did not expect labyrinths... not sure if this is a good or bad thing, but it's a nice breath of fresh air from 'plot battle plot sell things plot' etc.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I just exhausted all of my aura gate points.

It's going to take eleven hours to recharge.
wtf

Eventually it'll change to one energy per minute but it's one energy per 3 minutes now. In Japan at launch I think the gate was only open a few select times per day, so this is the compromise made for global. Always open, slower recharge.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got Lilith but disappointingly she seems a bit shit. Didnt get a "good" colour for her either. I'm wondering should I use her to fuse Samael which would benefit the most of the 5* units she can make from her purple colour. This would cost me ~1.85 million magnetite, ~150K for Sandalphon and ~1.7K to fuse Sandalphon and Lilith.

Or I could fuse Lilith with Dantalian to make Amaterasu and fuse her with Pallas Athena to make Cu Chulainn. That would set me back ~300k for Dantalian, ~150K for Pallas and then ~1.2M for Cu Chulainn. So more or less the same amount (both amounts admittedly being 1 million more than I have at the moment).

Considering they will cost roughly the same I'm leaning towards Cu Chulainn, he has no weaknesses to cover like Samael and he seems to be equally potent in both PvE and PvP whereas Samael, while decent in PvP, seems more PvE focused.

Am I missing anything with this analysis?

Edit: I suppose one thing to mention is that the "opportunity cost" for this is abandoning my current plans to make Zhong Kui for PvP and Sleipnir for Aura Gate.

SephiZack

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I would make Cu, although that is the "boring" choice as almost everyone is working towards him as well.
He's a top tier unit for PvP as only Alilat+Repel Wind can stop his Mazandyne.

The new buff for Samael broke his AI. Apparently if used on a defense team, he will only use his new skill if you level it up.

Speaking of PvP, this week I was able to get into top 100 ranking but ended up 3 points short from getting 100 more gems ;(

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ha, was making dummy accounts on nox for the friend invite promotion. On the last one decided to finish the tutorial and pull, got Purple Lakshmi and Yellow White Rider on the guaranteed 4*. If I wasnt so far in I'd honestly be tempted to restart. Game trolling me hard ;)

Oct 28, 2017
Made it to Silver 3, cheesing almost every fight with my Teal Abaddon solo. AI would invariably phys hit me and lose turns to my Null Phys trait, while I kept skipping my turn to get MP and then using Binge Eating to get healed in case anyone was using magic.

Absolutely hilarious, unless I came across a Teal Ose. Then I couldn't do anything and got slowly destroyed by goddamn zio spells.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
What are the benefits of downloading the game completely? I didn't have access to WiFi when the game prompted me to do it.

Oct 28, 2017
Just means you don't have to download the game piece-by-piece when it encounters something new that you don't have the data for, such as models, artwork, music etc.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tried to cheese the evolve tutorial as I thought it worked like the awaken one. But sadly you can only pick a 3* at maximum to use in the tutorial.

Edit: For people running yellow Sandalphon what skills are you using with him?

Last edited:

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I'm getting a bit bored now with the game. I still don't have a single 5 star and all the ultimate files I opened have been 4 star dupes. It's just such a terrible rate for a 5 star in general. I'm at nearly 2000 gems and I'm thinking of just blowing them on superior summons in hopes for a 5 star but I'd have to get insanely lucky if anything. I don't know really but its the same thing every week. Grind pvp for gems and then you cant get out of silver because people have gacha paid 5 stars for the advantage. It's hilariously unbalanced. All I do now is pretty much auto the leveling quest in chapter 6. I'm at aura gate floor 37 and I can't beat the boss without blowing 3 revives so 60 gems. You eventually hit a huge wall in this and it's super frustrating.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, got two Sandalphons from the ultimate files, feels rough. If you are going to blow your gems hold out for the gacha that gives you pages at least.

OP
OP
Dreamboum

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I'm getting a bit bored now with the game. I still don't have a single 5 star and all the ultimate files I opened have been 4 star dupes. It's just such a terrible rate for a 5 star in general. I'm at nearly 2000 gems and I'm thinking of just blowing them on superior summons in hopes for a 5 star but I'd have to get insanely lucky if anything. I don't know really but its the same thing every week. Grind pvp for gems and then you cant get out of silver because people have gacha paid 5 stars for the advantage. It's hilariously unbalanced. All I do now is pretty much auto the leveling quest in chapter 6. I'm at aura gate floor 37 and I can't beat the boss without blowing 3 revives so 60 gems. You eventually hit a huge wall in this and it's super frustrating.

Are you fishing for a 5* through gacha ? Just evolve them to 5* and buy magnetite packs with your gems to fuse the one you want

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Are you fishing for a 5* through gacha ? Just evolve them to 5* and buy magnetite packs with your gems to fuse the one you want

Yeah I do mean gacha of course. My Pallas Athena Purple is 5 stars and my Wu Kong. The problem with mag packs is it is 1000 gems for only 300k while you need 3 mil plus to fuse Lilith which is really... just a huge investment. It doesn't seem worth it.

Ekid

Dec 21, 2017
You don't need a base 5* demon to clean any pve content outside maybe of the last brand missions. Gems should be used in priority to buy all the mag pack to fuse strong 4* like Sandalphon, Rangda or Beelzebub.

A team of strong 3* (Ose, Feng Huang, Horus) and 4* evolved to 5* with good brands is more than enough to clear most of the content. For the annoying boss in Aura Gate with pierce skills just use some gems to be done with it.
You can use the wiki for some strategy: https://dx2wiki.com/index.php/Aura_Gate#Boss_Guides

As for PvP I ranked to 100 last week with a team of base 3* and 4*(Ose, Feng Huang, Rangda, Sandalphon) evolved to 5*.