• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe I'm just not high enough level yet, but I hardly ever use Magnitite, so that 5m wouldn't do me much good. What I'm always running out of is Macca, paying for those higher-level brand upgrades...the struggle is real.

Oct 28, 2017
Pulled a clear Samael from a Hell Bun pull. Can fuse a Red Mastema. I've also still got my clear Asherah and think I'll make a Purple Mara with that at some point. Feels like I'm set for this.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
1.7.0 is coming on 10/21, featuring some big changes and some nice rewards.
https://d2-megaten-l.sega.com/en/news/detail/059968.html

Overview

- Events

5★ Mother Harlot is coming to Dx2 exclusively to a features summon event (for now).
64d44358ea3980acadd604e4ffd4d1989575aff4.png

Demon with increased drop rates
The drop rate for the following 4★ demons will be increased for this Featured Summon.

-4★ Fiend and Hero demons

- Fiend White Rider (Grade: 74)
- Fiend Hell Biker (Grade: 77)
- Hero Jeanne d'Arc (Grade: 78)

Trial 10x Featured Summons
You can try out this summon once for 1000 Gems, without having to meet any requirements. You can also receive 10 "Parchment Pieces" as a bonus. Same pull rates as the Mother Harlot summon.

5★ Fusion Magback Campaign
During the campaign period, the player will be able to get 1 million Magnetite as a mission reward by completing the "Create a 5★ demon using Fusion" Mission.

Mission requirements are as follows.

- Create a 5★ demon through Fusion.
- Race and archetype are not a factor.
- Multi-Fusion is excluded.

Special Daily Mission
During the event period, the player will be able to get a Superior Summon File as a mission reward every day by completing the Special Daily Mission "Go to the Aura Gate once".

Free Parchment Pieces
Logging in for 10 days will net you 20 parchment pieces for each day, 200 total.

- Game changes
https://d2-megaten-l.sega.com/en/news/detail/059674.html

- Balance updates

- Three demons, Yoshitsune, Trumpeter, and Alice will be receiving skill changes. More demon changes will be coming in the future.
-MP cost of the skill "Rebellion" will be reduced from 6 to 4.
-The usage limit of 4★ White Rider's unique skill "God's Bow" will be increased from 1 to 2.
-The skill effect of 5★ Amaterasu's unique skill will be changed and new levels to the skill will be added, making level-ups possible.

Karma Exchange
- Karma Exchange is a new feature where you can exchange a specific amount of Karma for various types of items. It will be unlocked after the tutorials for selling demons have been completed.
- A "Karma" tab will be added to the Fame Exchange screen.
- An "Exchange" button will be added to the Sell Demons screen.

Titles
- A "Title" tab will be added to the Missions screen which can be accessed through "Liberators HQ". It will be unlocked after chapter 2 of the story has been completed.
- You can acquire Titles by completing the corresponding mission on the Title tab.
- The acquired Title can be set to be displayed on the player's profile screen.

Chaos Knight
- An entity called the Chaos Knight will appear in Aura Gate. Upon encountering a player, it will present the player with 3 cards to choose from. If you choose the right card and win, a bonus effect will be given to all players on the same floor. If you lose, all players on the same floor will suffer a penalty effect.

Gatekeeper
- The assigned Gatekeepers for floors 21 and above will be switched.
The placement of Gatekeepers will be switched periodically.

Auto Move for Aura Gate
- The "Auto Settings" option will be added to the Aura Gate menu screen, allowing the player to customize their settings for the auto function in detail.

- A settings menu will also come up every time the "AUTO MOVE" button is used for the first time during a new Aura Gate session.

Auto Battle
- The player's party members will finally use the Pass command if no effective action is available. (now if they'd just not KO themselves by attacking Repel Phys enemies)

Oct 27, 2017
Pulled a blue Harlot from the trial 10-summon. Is that a good archetype for her?

Also should I be hanging on to my superior summoning file anf wait for better banners or can I just use them immediately?

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Pulled a blue Harlot from the trial 10-summon. Is that a good archetype for her?

Also should I be hanging on to my superior summoning file anf wait for better banners or can I just use them immediately?

Nice, congrats! You mean purple? Yeah it's good as a support unit. Throw some Sick brands on her, which will boost her charm percentage. But all of her types are honestly pretty good, depending on how you want to use her.

It's really up to you on the file, I'm saving mine up until the next summon event. I'm not sure what the upcoming schedule is.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
The summoning files are a separate thing to the rate up banner, thus they don't include any of those rate ups. It's basically the entire pool. Consequently there's not much point in saving them really. Even if you saved them for a new demon coming out, the chances of getting them on the default banner is so astronomically low, it's just not worth it.

Oct 27, 2017
Nice, congrats! You mean purple? Yeah it's good as a support unit. Throw some Sick brands on her, which will boost her charm percentage. But all of her types are honestly pretty good, depending on how you want to use her.

It's really up to you on the file, I'm saving mine up until the next summon event. I'm not sure what the upcoming schedule is.

Nah, I meant to say teal. Man, purple looks real nice though. But I guess I'll consider myself lucky I pulled a 5* at all.

The summoning files are a separate thing to the rate up banner, thus they don't include any of those rate ups. It's basically the entire pool. Consequently there's not much point in saving them really. Even if you saved them for a new demon coming out, the chances of getting them on the default banner is so astronomically low, it's just not worth it.

Thanks, that's what I've been wanting to know.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Some updates coming with the maintenance today, including a new 5* demon Rama, and a couple new multi-fusion demons, along with some updates to existing 5*s to make them more unique.

Rama looks pretty useful, has a new skill called Drain Pierce: "While the demon with this skill is alive, Pierce will have no effect on any party member that can drain the attribute they are attacked with."

Dionysus (an old favorite of mine) is one of the new 4* multi-fusions. Has a new skill Euphoric Frenzy which sounds nasty: "50% chance to Charm the assailant when receiving a Phys Attack."

And if you're into trolling the enemy, new 3* multi-fusion Reiko Kashima has a new skill: "If the demon with this skill kills an enemy with a single target attack, and that enemy is revived, they will come back as a Lv. 1 Reiko Kashima."

https://d2-megaten-l.sega.com/en/sp/news/detail/060334.html

Last edited:

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Rama's banner is pretty meh though. Doesn't mention the rate up so it's likely 0.5% chance for it since the banner is shared with Yoshi.

I already have Yoshi so I just know I'd get another(or all 3*'s).

Last edited:

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Rama's banner is pretty meh though. Doesn't mention the rate up so it's likely 0.5% chance for it since the banner is shared with Yoshi.

I already have Yoshi so I just know I'd get another(or all 3*'s).

Yeah the rates are always not great for the banners unfortunately. My only actual 5* pull I've ever managed was last time they had a guaranteed 5* banner, lucked out with a teal Huang Long. I'm expecting a dupe this time to even out my luck.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
HEY GUYS GUESS WHAT I GOT FROM MY PARCHMENTS?

THAT'S RIGHT... ANOTHER FUCKING LILITH.

I AM PISSED

fuck this game... though not really I like it. Still pissed though.

Teal Lilith and Yellow Lilith sitting in my list and I have no idea what I should do. Is Teal good enough to build? She seems pretty fucking arse.

Oct 28, 2017
Can't wait for the next JP patch to hit global. Yoshitsune's Hassou Tobi is gaining phys pierce. Gonna wreak havoc in PVP with him and Huang Di.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Do 6 star brands drop from 9 or just 10? I can auto stage 9 just fine of deceit but I only get 4 star or 5 star brands wtf. I'm just gonna keep doing 7 at this point since it's the same reward...

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently a new chapter in the narrative is coming with the next patch. I wonder how much they're going to ramp up the difficulty.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
31 superior files opened, 5 hell summons, and 1 special file. Nothing notable but a purple ganesha and protector Sleipnir. Meh, my luck is horrible. On the plus side I now have enough mag to make Purple Cu so yay. A sweeper team of Ishtar/Cu/Garuda/Michael should do wonders for me in pvp I hope.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like that next patch with the new narrative chapter, cumulative login awards, archetype change ability, and more is dropping on Thursday. Which is interesting because it's dropping at the same time as JP. Atlus translators putting in that work. I suppose they did it to avoid narrative spoilers?

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Opened all my new shite. I'm incredibly satisfied. Purple hecaton from the special files, Aragami Huang Di from my last ultimate file, and yellow Susano from the absolute free 5 star which I will fuse into a yellow Huang long. I think I'm finally set for diamond in pvp now. Praise the Di.

I know not many care about the story but I enjoyed the new chapter!

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Opened all my new shite. I'm incredibly satisfied. Purple hecaton from the special files, Aragami Huang Di from my last ultimate file, and yellow Susano from the absolute free 5 star which I will fuse into a yellow Huang long. I think I'm finally set for diamond in pvp now. Praise the Di.

I know not many care about the story but I enjoyed the new chapter!

Congrats! I pulled Izanami from saved parchments I had; I didn't expect them to add her and Huang Di to the summons so quickly. I think I'll save my Ultimate file until the new ones in this update are added to the regular pool.

I'm not really sure how good Izanami is yet, but she has strong magic stats and the party damage boost for Elec and Dark skills is nice. Just don't know who I'd replace in my current Huang Long, Anubis, Thor, Pazuzu (healer) team.

Haven't had a chance to look at the new story yet, but I like the fact that you can choose a path a la the traditional SMT games.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
wooow they're giving a lot of stuff for log-ins all of a sudden...

Yeah... if the tumbleweeds in this thread is any indication, I suppose they're trying to rekindle some interest. New players get a lot of nice stuff we never got (aside from Thor). I'm honestly kind of surprised more hardcore SMT fans on Era aren't in here, or that they fell off.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
I'm still silently playing away each day, just don't feel the need to really post about the grind. Managed to get a Purple Mara so I can replace my Yellow Mara at last. Dunno if I should fuse them or sell for karma or what.

Also got a bunch of other good shit recently, and I'm sitting on 7m magnetite. Definitely time to optimise my team and become unstoppable.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
A 5* teal Pazuzu is my main healer right now. He has an ice weakness which I'd have to cover from Odin's resist ice (who I don't have)... is it worth it to do that (and evolve to 6*), or are there better healers out there I should just wait to pull/fuse? I like him as he's pretty tanky with high HP, Mediarama, null to Force, Light, and Dark, and Resist on Fire. But I imagine there's better 5* healers out there.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Be sure to login starting today for the next few days to get some amazing New Years rewards. 3 Ultimate Summon files, a 5* Yasaka Magatama, a 5* Yata Mirror, and a Kasane Magatama among other things. There's also some special summon types available and other events.

Oct 25, 2017
Mastema is like my favorite design ever and I got a roll that I sadly trashed but Im not sure if he's even any good lol Just wondering if I should just keep re-rolling for Alice or Lucifer

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I made diamond last week but this week around 1850 roughly. Oh well. People come up with the most annoying strategies. My team cant carry me against whales. I even have huang di and biker + zaou combo and still get rekt from time to time.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Think its worth it to start with him?
You mean not re-rolling anymore?

The new player bonuses are pretty good these days(I think you still get yellow Amaterasu?) so I don't really see the need for re-rolling especially if you got purple cu.
I made diamond last week but this week around 1850 roughly. Oh well. People come up with the most annoying strategies. My team cant carry me against whales. I even have huang di and biker + zaou combo and still get rekt from time to time.
I just stopped caring too much at some point. I could probably get much higher than I usually do since I've got really good units at this point (Purple Rama, Yellow Huang Di to name two) but it's rather time consuming especially with people attacking you a lot. Last week I wasn't even very high, like in the 700-800s or so. Got attacked like 10 odd times in the last minutes of the season and dropped out of top 1000, lol. Guess it's because my defence team sucks.

Oct 25, 2017
Got two more 5* off the new year summons a shiva and Amaterasu but niether are "ideal" colors. I think this game would be more fun just ignoring colors lol

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Shiva is still good if you cover up his weakness. Same for Amaterasu. Did you not get the free yellow Amaterasu from the newbie bonus though? I thought that was permanent after they added it the other month. Yellow archetype is the best for her since it plays to her strengths as a support. I did get a Teal one as my first 5* in the game which I used for a bit, she has a high magic stat if you want to transfer some magic attacks over. Unfortunately her AI when on auto is pretty rubbish, so don't use her on anything you're going to auto. :P

That all said you can at least change colours these days. They just cost a lot. You can buy a archetype reroll for 3k karma(ie it'll randomly select one of the other 3 colours) or a archetype selector for 15k karma(you can choose with that one). It'll be a while before you get enough Karma to do that though.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Got lucky and pulled a teal Huang Di with an Ultimate Summon File. Probably would've preferred purple, but teal is no slouch either. I guess Thor might finally get pulled out of my main team.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats! Mine is red but Teal is great too. He has no bad archetype.

Cool, yeah every time I look at his list I think "oh I wouldn't mind that color either". He really doesn't have a bad build. I certainly wouldn't mind that Null Phys from the Protector archtype, nor would I mind Berserker God from yours. I'm missing that big single-target attack that Thor has, which makes mine not as great for boss fights currently unless I transfer one.

What brands are you using on yours? I read people suggesting Divine, but he's not quite hitting with the oomf of Thor who has War brands and I don't really have any Phys/Crit % focused Divine brands.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
What brands are you using on yours? I read people suggesting Divine, but he's not quite hitting with the oomf of Thor who has War brands and I don't really have any Phys/Crit % focused Divine brands.
War is probably fine if you don't have Divine ones with the right stats. I personally am using Divine though, my brands aren't perfect but I've got around 1250 phys attack on him with a small amount of crit. He still melts people really easily.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
War is probably fine if you don't have Divine ones with the right stats. I personally am using Divine though, my brands aren't perfect but I've got around 1250 phys attack on him with a small amount of crit. He still melts people really easily.

Yeah, my gear sadly isn't that good yet. Speaking of crit, would it be better to transfer Phys Boost, or Bloody Glee (+15% crit rate)?

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Cool, yeah every time I look at his list I think "oh I wouldn't mind that color either". He really doesn't have a bad build. I certainly wouldn't mind that Null Phys from the Protector archtype, nor would I mind Berserker God from yours. I'm missing that big single-target attack that Thor has, which makes mine not as great for boss fights currently unless I transfer one.

I am running divine on him and ward. I got really lucky with good divine brands in this game and had some drop from the aura gate event as well. I'd keep farming that. I know that on defense, Life brands can be terrifying for Di because he becomes nearly unkillable.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Well, my Ultimate Summon luck has been kind of absurd lately. First the teal Huang Di, and now I just used two more of them and got a purple Zhong Kui (with Intimidating Stance), and a teal White Rider (with Null Force).

Personally I transferred Phys Boost.

That's probably the more reliable choice, I was just thinking that his normal crit rate + Savage Glee would be on average doing more damage than what Phys Boost would give. Haven't done any napkin math to support that though.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
New skill extraction event coming tomorrow. That Phys Amp... I guess I know what I'm putting on Huang Di now (assuming the gacha gods smile upon me)
https://d2-megaten-l.sega.com/en/news/detail/062276.html

One of the following skills will appear when a 5★ Skill Genome is extracted.

- Myriad Arrows
- Debilitate
- Master Assassin (+20% single target damage)
- Phys Amp (+25% phys damage)
- Light Amp (+25% light damage)

On another note, I hope they buff or rework Izanami. She's the highest-grade demon I have at 89, and yet I'm having trouble figuring out a clear use for her in a team. She'd probably pair well with my Anubis due to the Dark boost, but then what is she really adding to the team besides a 10% damage bonus? She doesn't even have a pierce on her Electric attacks, and putting Bolt Storm on her makes no sense at her level. She's kind of a crummy 5*, let alone being grade 89 (and I think unfuseable?).

Last edited:

Shtsh

Oct 28, 2017
Izanami fits pretty good to the parties with Purple Thor/Alice/Black Frost. But personally I sacrificed her to transfer Silent Prayer to Kinmanmon.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Izanami fits pretty good to the parties with Purple Thor/Alice/Black Frost. But personally I sacrificed her to transfer Silent Prayer to Kinmanmon.

Yeah that makes sense, don't have any of those demons though. It just seems like she has a very narrow focus for a high-grade 5*. And Silent Prayer would make her more useful, but I pulled a purple with Elec Amp and Maziodyne. Great if you want to fry the hell out of something, but not good for much else. Like a supercharged Titania, but without a pierce for the Elec attacks, so rather ineffective against most high-end demons.

Anyway, I finally fused Alilat so maybe all the whales with meta teams with pierce skills won't immediately wipe my defense team off the map in the low ranks. Now I'm thinking of fusing Quetzalcoatl, but I have to admit I don't understand how to determine specific color fusions on the fusion calculator site. Does it only give fusions for the Common archetype?

Shtsh

Oct 28, 2017
I know meta a bit, so Alilat with Quetz works only against physical teams.
Specifically against popular combo Hell Biker + Zaou Gongen + Huang Di + Yatagarasu.
But it doesn't help against magical ones. And consider that most of the magical attacker use almighty skills so the only way to defend from them is using Huang Long.
Or if you replace Yatagarasu with Alice, you are dead.

But this really matters on the upper gold and above. Also you'd need decent brands, which is really difficult (50+ percent increase really matters).

To get colorful fusion you will need one white demon and one one colorful. Result will have the same color as the colorful source.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I know meta a bit, so Alilat with Quetz works only against physical teams.
Specifically against popular combo Hell Biker + Zaou Gongen + Huang Di + Yatagarasu.
But it doesn't help against magical ones. And consider that most of the magical attacker use almighty skills so the only way to defend from them is using Huang Long.
Or if you replace Yatagarasu with Alice, you are dead.

But this really matters on the upper gold and above. Also you'd need decent brands, which is really difficult (50+ percent increase really matters).

To get colorful fusion you will need one white demon and one one colorful. Result will have the same color as the colorful source.

Yeah, but physical teams are most of the ones that roll me, so that's why I need some defense against that. Especially Huang Dis. I do have Huang Long, his Five Elements is amazing, though it's not a surefire thing with Barrier Break or magic pierce skills.

And I'm only in Silver 1, and these meta teams are crushing me constantly. I guess it's because they purposefully tank their team to get more points rising up again. I wish Atlus would do something about that, it's not quite fair to mid-game people like me.

And thanks re: fusion, I eventually figured it out and fused Quetz before the fusion discount was over.

I pulled a few good gacha demons during the last event -- a purple Zhong Kui, a teal and a red White Rider, a yellow Hell Biker, and a yellow Kudlak, so now I'm trying to raise them up and figure out what to do with them.

Shtsh

Oct 28, 2017
To get to the higher leagues you will need a wide variety of the demons able to break different compositions. There is no universal defense or attacking team. And most of the top 500 players (I suppose, this is gold league) knows how to fight the most popular compositions.

I got to diamond 1 last season (mostly thanks to Lucifer, Persephone and Antanta) and still get like 4 unsuccessful defenses for each successful.

Here what I fond for myself:
  • always know how much mana your enemy get (you must know when Huang Di use Yinglong Killer if you didn't do anything with him)
  • Always check archetype of the demons (yellow Huang long behaves completely differs from the teal)
  • Know which AI type the enemy's demons have
  • One mistake and you usually dead
  • Decent brands really matter
  • Leveled skills matter (for example, Alice's 'die for me' costs 6 mana when fully leveled, so with divine brands she can use it even when her team goes first)
  • Custom skills matter
  • Try to surprise attacking team (Recarmdra on Hexa works well)
  • DX2 matter. I really like Eileen for her ability to skip turn without spending an icon, sometimes it lets me use 8 mana spell twice when I attack first.

BTW barier break doesn't help versus Huang long - only makara break (or silent prayer)

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Featuring Bayonetta From The Series Bayonetta

Well that was unexpected. I bet the game will get a nice player boost though.

And thanks, Shtsh that's some good advice. I definitely don't have great brands, and almost none of my demons have their skills leveled...it's quite a grind.