• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Masakado is going to be more OP than Rama and Di

......I pulled Rama on the New years banner purple and was so excited but I couldnt even make diamond again with both Rama and Di. This week I am having Ananta built though so should be a different story. Rama is absolutely ridiculous but looking at Masakado.... yeah it doesnt even compare. I feel so lucky as a F2P player but man if I pull Masakado someday I will really lose it.

Shtsh

Oct 28, 2017
Masakado looks really OP. It's not clear for me whether he has pierce for any skill or just for counter but he's definitely op. 30k gems to get him is pretty much though.

Shtsh

Oct 28, 2017
To be honest, there is no reason to change the color of the demons you can fuse (except for the native 5 stars).
To get 500 karma to get 4* random arch changer, you'll need to sell 50 color 3* demons, which is a lot unless you do tons of gatcha pulls.

Here are the prices:
4* Arch-Shifter (random color) costs 500 karma
4* Arch-Selector (alows to pick color) 2500
5* Arch-Shifter - 2500
5* Arch-Selector - 15000

You can sell demons for the karma in pandemonium (don't have white 4 and 5 demons, so don't know their price)
3* white for 1 karma
3* colorful for 10 karma
4* colorful for 300 karma
5* colorful for 2500 karma (don't do this, seriously)

4* shifter/changer works only for native 4* demons
5* works only for native 5* demons (won't work for 4*)

And the last, but not least - shifter/changer cannot turn white demon to the colorful and vice versa.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I've been saving an Absolute Summon file for when they add some new demons to the pool, but at this point I feel like all new demons are going to stay gacha-only and I might as well use it.

Wow this soon? Well I dont know if I want to pull until I get a date for the Bayonetta collab.

I feel like either the Bayonetta thing will be given to everyone who does an event, or the drop rate will be so so low that they'll force people to spend a lot. My feeling is probably the former as they probably see the tie-in as a way to boost interest in Dx2.

Last edited:

Shtsh

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, you'll need to do 300 pulls to get Misakado.

Also they adding him to the general summon pool, so you'll be able to get him using those parchments, I suppose.

Shtsh

Oct 28, 2017
I got Ixtab. Thinking how to build her. I suppose it would be better not to keep her on lvl 1 but level up her to 50 and build for defense as an ailment user. But I really need someone (not as obvious as Yatagarasu) to use barier break.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I got a bunch of 3* fodder and one mediocre 4*. I regret pulling on that banner, but at the same time I also think it's uncool to make it a one-time thing for f2p players. I wish they had at least provided a pity system for us as well.

On a bright note, I got my first defense successes against strong teams after I changed my defense party around. I'm now using Huang Long, Quetz, Alilat, and Huang Di. I need to build out Alilat and Quetz more, but it's a nice change from constant defense defeats.

Pbae

Oct 26, 2017
Hey guys, I started playing again after a very long hiatus (played a couple months during release then dropped). Had a couple questions I was wondering if y'all could answer.

-Is it worth having two metatrons (Purple/Yellow)
-Is there a broken unit to fuse for?
-Am I fucked for not playing a while.
-Does era have a guild?

Oct 28, 2017

-Is it worth having two metatrons (Purple/Yellow)
Both look OK, but Clear is the best due to Enduring Soul, I believe. You can probably fuse one into something else though. Use https://fusion.dx2wiki.com/, search Metatron then hit "Normal Fusion" to see the possibilities.

-Is there a broken unit to fuse for?
Not really. There's a lot of good strong stuff from fusions, but it all depends on what angle you want to play from.

-Am I fucked for not playing a while.
Nah, not really. You missed out on some good events, but there's regularly something happening where you get easy summon files and items like parchments to get guaranteed 5 star pulls.

-Does era have a guild?
I'm not aware of one, as I run one with my friends. Sorry.

Last edited:

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
-Does era have a guild?
I'm not aware of one, as I run one with my friends. Sorry.

The Era guild that I know of is called Dx2 ERA. I'm Kaneko on there. But of course factions don't offer much in this game yet.

I agree about it not being too late to start now, there's plenty of newcomer awards now that we never got.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017

True, he still has some value, though I have limited mag so I have to be careful what I fuse. Yellow Amaterasu would at least get me up to par with the newbies who got her for free. ;) She actually could make a good replacement for my Pazuzu; I really need a better healer (in terms of his low agi and terrible luck) and don't have enough mag to fuse an Asherah.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Sounds like Bayonetta will really be a demon in the game then. I will be skipping the 2nd trial summon then. That should put me at over 2k gems when her banner is out if she's gacha.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like Bayonetta will really be a demon in the game then. I will be skipping the 2nd trial summon then. That should put me at over 2k gems when her banner is out if she's gacha.

Yeah, I got a big fat nothingburger from the Masakado trial, so I'm saving for Bayonetta or maybe just saving them for fusion packs. I really hope Atlus sees the value in making Bayonetta a free demon in order to attract newcomers, but I fear they will make her gacha-only to try to maximize short-term profit.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
What's the best way to counteract magic pierce attacks? I mean yes there's Alilat + if you have a rare-ish character that can repel magic, but is the only alternative to apply loads of Magic Def stats? Does Magic Def even apply to magic pierce attacks? I'm finding it hard to progress in Aura Gate at level 41 because those Jacks with pierce Maragi just burn down my HP very quickly. And also Jack Bros teams in PVP of course.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
What's the best way to counterattack magic pierce attacks? I mean yes there's Alilat + if you have a rare-ish character that can repel magic, but is the only alternative to apply loads of Magic Def stats? Does Magic Def even apply to magic pierce attacks? I'm finding it hard to progress in Aura Gate at level 41 because those Jacks with pierce Maragi just burn down my HP very quickly. And also Jack Bros teams in PVP of course.

I seriously got mad about doing that Aura Gate level that I would force quit the app when meeting a bunch of Jacks. Opening the app up again and using Aura Gate deposits you at the same point you were at, so you don't have to face the battle again. Just rush to the boss and beat it because goddamn that floor is awful.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I seriously got mad about doing that Aura Gate level that I would force quit the app when meeting a bunch of Jacks. Opening the app up again and using Aura Gate deposits you at the same point you were at, so you don't have to face the battle again. Just rush to the boss and beat it because goddamn that floor is awful.

Hmm, well I guess that is one solution! I was assuming it was pierce attacks from level 41 on, but if it's a one-off I guess that's as good a strat as any. Thanks for the tip.

Shtsh

Oct 28, 2017
Starting 41 there are demons magic pierce until the end of AG.
41-45 is for Jacks with Fire and Ice, 46-50 is for Shadows with Elec Pierce.

The best solution is to outspeed the enemies and finish the fight in one turn but you can go for healing up all the damage.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Starting 41 there are demons magic pierce until the end of AG.
41-45 is for Jacks with Fire and Ice, 46-50 is for Shadows with Elec Pierce.

The best solution is to outspeed the enemies and finish the fight in one turn but you can go for healing up all the damage.

Hm ok, thanks. I think I'm lacking a bit on damage right now due to poor gearing, which is probably why I'm getting into trouble with them.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
PSA, the Mag event is now on -- fuse a 5* demon and get a 1 million Mag reward.

I fused yellow Amaterasu thanks to Shtsh 's suggestion to make lemonade out of my yellow Thor.

Didn't pull on the latest trial summon, instead doing the 5* genome extraction. Got Phys Amp! Now to decide whether to put that on Huang Di or Zhong Kui. I got a Serial Killer genome from a previous event, so maybe put that on HD for his two aoe attacks, and use Phys Amp on ZK?

Shtsh

Oct 28, 2017
I would use Phys Amp on HD to make his damage really crazy (more than 1k when buffed) as he's much more universal than Zhong Kui. You can use him for AG farming, ZK tends to miss a way too much.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I would use Phys Amp on HD to make his damage really crazy (more than 1k when buffed) as he's much more universal than Zhong Kui. You can use him for AG farming, ZK tends to miss a way too much.

Hm okay, I guess that would help me also with single target attacks without having to add a dedicated skill for that.

I finally used my last Ultimate Summon item I had saved and pulled an Elementalist Barong. Not exactly what I was hoping for, but I know Barong is getting a rework/buff in February. I'm not sure whether to wait for that, or take advantage of the 1M mag event right now and fuse him for another demon. I was thinking either Ishtar (who I've wanted for a while) or teal Mastema, who would then have three Repels..might be good on a defense team with Alilat once more magic pierce demons arrive. I'm not sure how much they could change Barong so that it'd be useful to me, when I already have Amaterasu filling the heal/support role. Only nice thing about Barong is he heals and buffs in one skill.

Shtsh

Oct 28, 2017
Mot isn't really popular in PvP compared with Orcus. I suppose because Mot doesn't survive until 3rd round.

To be honest I really don't see place for Mot in current meta. Skills are too costly which requires usage of the divine brands, as result there are only 1800 HP (two hits), no protection from the physical damage so all the utility is an additional press turn on the second round. From my perspective, even Hexa can easily replace him (especially if you have Rama).

Orcus, on the other hand, makes almighty sweepers almost useless and only easy counter is Masakado. He was OP in defense and he is even more after today update.

Shtsh

Oct 28, 2017
Will be waiting for the banner with Orcus. Not sure there is a reason to pull Bayonetta. The only good demon is purple Janne due to her high evade.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Bayo banner is paid only. What a fucking joke Sega is. If you want her you can do the 1.5% rate banner but I did it 5 times and I only got 4 and 3 stars. I'm so fucking angry right now at Sega. Fuck them so much. I'm so tempted to quit this game.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
I was surprised to hear Jeanne's theme in this game is the original song they made for her in the pachislot Bayonetta game.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Bayo banner is paid only. What a fucking joke Sega is. If you want her you can do the 1.5% rate banner but I did it 5 times and I only got 4 and 3 stars. I'm so fucking angry right now at Sega. Fuck them so much. I'm so tempted to quit this game.

I mean we got a free 4* version of her. Yes the pity system is locked to whales, but they could've not given us a free Bayonetta at all. Given how they've locked all their demons behind gacha gates the past few months, I'm not at all surprised by it. I think it's still a well-done event.

Also, I noticed they added the Reaper demons to the 122 free pulls banner. Hopefully that's a sign they'll come to the general pool.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I mean we got a free 4* version of her. Yes the pity system is locked to whales, but they could've not given us a free Bayonetta at all. Given how they've locked all their demons behind gacha gates the past few months, I'm not at all surprised by it. I think it's still a well-done event.

Also, I noticed they added the Reaper demons to the 122 free pulls banner. Hopefully that's a sign they'll come to the general pool.

The free Bayonetta and Jeanne are seriously unusable and this creates a problem because most people have already benched them. The stats dont even compare and the passives. Free Bayonetta has trash skills. I wouldnt call this generous at all. They gave us a free Bayonetta and LOCKED the 5 star Witches behind paid only banners if you want increased rates. For comparison: Bayo is the ONLY 5 STAR in the paid pool banner and in comparison the F2P banner has all 5 stars in the pool each with a 1.5% chance of being pulled. It's absolutely terrible in comparison because the paid one gets you Bayo guaranteed if you pull a 5 star. The 122 summons were nice but tbh they left it at old rates so a 5 star in that is 0.5% chance. They wanted to rub more salt in the wound. I didnt get a single 5 star from the 122 summons.

The collab is pretty damn bad but hey it's an exp farm at least. Verse 3 hell last stage 4k exp a pop is amazing with kanbari/MC/Tome. However, I'm incredibly disappointed still. Sure, it means I can build my demons much faster with the exp but I really wanted Bayonetta. Gonna save up until the very last banner day and try again but I prob wont pull her if the next two banners are locked to paid only again.

Frimaire

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
FUCK YES I got purple 5* Jeanne off the free event summon on my last roll using pretty much the last of my free gems I can't even believe how lucky this is.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
XoURxuy.png

That Dante comment is pretty great

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
So yeah.... I cant believe it but I pulled 5 star Jeanne. Teal is not that bad too.... on the trap banner since the real banner is paid. Huh.... I'm pretty happy but guess Bayonetta will have to wait until next time.... only got shitty 4 star version sadly. Have about 3k gems left... wont risk the odds.