• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL

This game is reportedly awful.

PA.02402.001.jpg

Would I still try it? Hell yes.

maxresdefault.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Hey I own this because a permanently exclusive Japanese xbox game is just fascinating

I always wondered how it was but theres probably 5 other JP only SMT games I'd rather play

blonded

Oct 30, 2017
The only Megami Tensei game that needs translating is Eternal Punishment. Think I heard something about that years ago but looks like it's dead in the water.

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
I love how OP was all like "Would i still play it? of course!" just to post a screen with Nekomata on all fours.

Back then, 90% of players had a PS2 and 10% a Gamecube here. Could never see an actual OG Xbox in my entire life, aside from magazines and stuff. Game being considered bad is almost a good news for me due to how much work i would have to play it.

Voke

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Xbox exclusive japan only SMT title? I'm guessing this games resell value is through the roof

demi

Oct 27, 2017
MrRichard has done a couple other Xbox translations so if anyone's gonna do it, it's him

I also hope he does it because we need more Xbox JP love (however sparse it may be)

Semajer

Oct 27, 2017
Was the game actually finished at release, or was it just the multiplayer function that wasn't completed?

Semajer

Oct 27, 2017
From what I understand, it's a finished game, just very threadbare.

It's like a bastard child of imagine and proto-Nocturne.
Okay, I wasn't sure if there was more content to be included when they scrapped the online compnents. Wasn't Imagine build from the unfinished online Nine components when they realised that a Japanese exclusive Xbox game was a poor choice?

OP
OP
cj_iwakura

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
Okay, I wasn't sure if there was more content to be included when they scrapped the online compnents. Wasn't Imagine build from the unfinished online Nine components when they realised that a Japanese exclusive Xbox game was a poor choice?
I have no idea, but it has a very similar look. Imagine is(was) actually pretty great, it had a ton of fun environments and amazing music.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
I'd love to see this translated... I've got a modded xbox and a legitimately obtained copy of the game, so I'm ready.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Y tho?

Seriously, I hear that the games bad but I'd like to gauge an idea as to why that is.
Battles don't reward exp and are largely automated (you can choose to give demons orders, but the game plays itself fine if you can't be bothered). That was enough to completely kill it for me, but there's other annoying stuff, like really finicky fixed camera angles and weird RTS sections.

I quit after a decent amount of chapter 2 (maybe like two and a half hours of playtime?).

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, I'd be interested in playing this but I just realized I have no idea what I'd play it ON. It sounds like my best theoretical option would be a modded 360 but is that even a thing that's easy to do? I definitely don't have an OG Xbox and PC emulation sounds like a non-starter.

OP
OP
cj_iwakura

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
Are you talking about the PSP version?
Well, I've yet to find it for the Saturn, lol.
(Yes)
Oh cool. How's it coming along?
Translator is going through stuff, waiting on him.

I've heard of the game but never played it. What makes the game "awful"?
It's a half-baked game. It was originally supposed to be an MMO, but that fell through, so it's a pale mixture of Imagine and Nocturne, not even close to being either.

I'm curious about the plot, and the art/sound design is great, though.

GeekyDad

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
USA
Yeah, visually, it's definitely attractive. Hope Atlus would officially take the helm of bringing some of these older games to us.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
B-but Devil Summoner...

(I'd also like the PSX versions of SMTI/II/If)