• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
SITTING AT AN 86 ON MC

Shin Megami Tensei V

The ambitions of god and human clash amidst the horror of a dying world. Neither human nor demon, the newly-forged Nahobino and his friends must decide what is worth saving... and prepare to sacrifice everything in its name. In a world without its Creator, which path will you choose?

- YouTube

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Great Vibes from GVG

www.youtube.com

Shin Megami Tensei 5 Review

Shin Megami Tensei V reviewed by Leana Hafer on Nintendo Switch.Shin Megami Tensei V's excellent JRPG combat and deeply rewarding customization shine bright,...

8/10 from IGN

www.youtube.com

Shin Megami Tensei V Nintendo Switch Review - Is It Worth it?

Heeee-hoooo!Written Review by Mitch Vogel: https://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/nintendo-switch/shin-megami-tensei-vVideo by Zion Grassl: https://twitter.com...

9 from NintendoLife

Shin Megami Tensei V Review | RPG Site

Atlus has never made a game like Shin Megami Tensei V before, for better and for worse. Despite some changes, the fifth entry is a solid continuation of a long-lived series.

9/10 from RPG Site

www.gamespot.com

Shin Megami Tensei V Review - The End of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine)

Shin Megami Tensei V may be slow-paced, but its strategic turn-based combat and dark, foreboding atmosphere deliver a challenging and rewarding RPG experience.

8/10 from Gamespot

www.vg247.com

Shin Megami Tensei 5 review - a brutal RPG that goes all-in on battles of attrition

Shin Megami Tensei 5 review - A hard-as-nails RPG with great combat, but a paper-thin pot that disappoints. Find out why this JRPG falls short of greatness.

3/5 from VG24/7

bloody-disgusting.com

[Review] ‘Shin Megami Tensei V’ is a Masterful Japanese RPG And One of the Best Games of the Year

It’s been a while since a new mainline Shin Megami Tensei game came out, and a 3D one at that. After Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne launched in 2003, the series transitioned to a more 2D style that fit the Nintendo 3DS handheld with Shin Megami Tensei IV and IV: Apocalypse in 2014 and 2016, […]

5/5 from Bloody Disgusting

themakoreactor.com

Shin Megami Tensei V Switch Review • The Mako Reactor

Shin Megami Tensei V's combat, music, and design are amazing and it is only disappointing in some technical aspects. This is one of the best JRPGs in years.

9.5/10 from Mako Reactor

www.destructoid.com

Review: Shin Megami Tensei V

Shin Megami Tensei V review: Another demon-raising/demon-battling adventure is here, and Atlus knocks it out of the park yet again.

9/10 from Destructoid

www.polygon.com

Shin Megami Tensei 5 brings familiar pain, new pleasures

Atlus’ latest JRPG is worth the wait

No Score from Polygon

www.gameinformer.com

Shin Megami Tensei V – Review In Progress

Hee-ho, a new SMT game is on the horizon, and we've been playing it. Here are our thoughts so far.

In Progress from Game Informer

www.rpgfan.com

Shin Megami Tensei V Review | RPGFan

With the fifth installment of the cult classic series Shin Megami Tensei here after a lengthy development, Atlus has a lot to prove. But prove it they shall

92 from RPG Fan

4.5 out 5 from Game Rant

9 from Gamingbolt

Shin Megami Tensei V Review - Review

9 from NintendoWorldReport

egmnow.com

Shin Megami Tensei V review - EGM

Better the demon you know

In Progress from EGM

www.consolecreatures.com

Review: Shin Megami Tensei V | Console Creatures

Shin Megami Tensei V elevates the mainline series in such a satisfying way thanks to brilliant combat, a satisfying story and tons of customization. If you're looking for a challenge that will reward you, look no further.

Recommended by Console Creatures

Last edited:

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
I going to absolutely bathe in all the completely silly outrage at any reviewer mentioning Persona 5.

JonnyTorso

Nov 2, 2017
MN
This is one of those games where the reviews are just going to piss off fans of the series, I can feel it coming. I'm feeling an 80-85% metacritic.

Super looking forward to it though.

Zache

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
"Persona without the heart"

memes write themselves

TheRealMoB

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 1, 2020
What's wild is that the critique in that review summary is that it's not a Persona game. Dunno how you can be a reviewer and think that's in the slightest bit fair

Yinyangfooey

Oct 27, 2017
Last edited:

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Overall sounds pretty good. Seems like the world design might wear a bit thin but makes sense since this is the first time Atlus have designed a game like this, always room to improve in future games if they stick with this more open structure.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay watching the GVG review now

Was Shin always pronounced 'Sheen' and I just never noticed?

I going to absolutely bathe in all the completely silly outrage at any reviewer mentioning Persona 5.
Nah, it's great to highlight the differences for newcomers joining us from P5 so they know what they're getting into and if SMTV will be something they want.

It is bonkers to fail at critical journalism so hard that you judge one game by the standards of another, entirely separate game, but I think you knew that already, it was just more important for you to make your Extremely Online nerd post.

benzopil

Oct 25, 2017
3/5
www.vg247.com

Shin Megami Tensei 5 review - a brutal RPG that goes all-in on battles of attrition

Shin Megami Tensei 5 review - A hard-as-nails RPG with great combat, but a paper-thin pot that disappoints. Find out why this JRPG falls short of greatness.

4.5/5

4/5

3.5/5
wegotthiscovered.com

Shin Megami Tensei V Review

Fans of SMT will find a lot to love in Shin Megami Tensei V, but if you're looking for the next Persona 5, look elsewhere.

4.5/5

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
4 big open world-ish areas? Bummer, I was hoping it wouldn't be structured like this.

The IGN review honestly approaches the point of parody a couple of times. Criticism of the music - it doesn't reach the level of Persona 5. Criticism of the story - it's focused much more on big concepts as opposed to people, like in Persona 5. Etc.

Anddo

Oct 28, 2017
I think 80ish MC will be fine. Off to a good start.

Amazing day. So much gaming content.

Geobros

Dec 31, 2018
well 87% with 31 review until now.

252463226_4624070774317317_840281817830169914_n.jpg

Blunoise

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Thos ign reviewer tbought it was gonna have human party members..yea this was his first smt game and his first rpg outside of Persona 5

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm fine with no save anywhere but MC death leading to game over is a shame. At least make it a toggle like Apocalypse did.

OP
OP
Helix

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
fucking lol at the IGN review. not every ATLUS RPG is Persona ffs. I think this might be their first SMT too me thinks?

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I'm fine with no save anywhere but MC death leading to game over is a shame. At least make it a toggle like Apocalypse did.
Apocalypse had a toggle for it?! I don't remember this. I thought it had no protagonist death = game over like IV. I thought it was only SJ Redux that had the subapp for it.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
A bit surprised reading some of these reviews. Seems like in a few ways it took some steps back from IV.

Excited to get my hands on it though.

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
I can't look at it right now but when IGN says heart are they making the "soul vs soulful" nonsense argument