• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
good idea, dont wanna confuse SMTVV with Erdtree, they look identical

Ibuki

Feb 6, 2021
Pretty smart move by Atlus. Not that there is any chance in hell I could finish this game in a week, but it's still good news.

ventuno

Nov 11, 2019
Thank you Elden Ring! I'll take it! I'm looking forward to this one so one less week of waiting is good.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Nice. No reason to be the same day as Elden Ring during a not as packed month
Atelier Sophie 2: Cowards.

www.resetera.com

Should Elden Ring move its release date to prevent being overshadowed by Atelier Sophie 2?

With the recent news that the Saint's Row reboot has been delayed (Here). Only two titles are left standing for a February 25th, 2022 Release date - Elden Ring & Atelier Sophie 2. These are two absolute juggernauts in the gaming space and I feel there isn't enough room for the two of them to...

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island

Jhey Cyphre

Oct 25, 2017
I really hope they are able to bring this one up to par with the rest. Mainline SMT games are always something special and this one just felt lacking.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
All my complaining on Twitter worked! :D

1 week isn't that much but it's still better than the literal same day. Props to Sega for actually doing something about it this time.

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you Elden Ring.

(I haven't played ER yet and need to someday)

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Very funny reason to move lmao. Well they were correct cause I would have put off SMTVV til after ER DLC

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
gk2v7YQ.png

me and the lads showing up one june 14th

NSESN

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I mean it wouldnt be a problema at all for Switch users but I guess this version mostly exists to sell to other platforms that do have ER

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
One week doesn't seem like a lot but I'm sure it's a real easy decision to sign off on compared to even two weeks. And I'd be willing to bet this guarantees at least some day one buyers they'd not have otherwise had.

Good move.

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to understand based on the new info if the humans joining you will still do that in Canon of Creation. It would make sense, especially Tao in the second area.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
iYuE34w.png

Naamah

YIBxh0o.png

Eisheth Zenunim

AfYN7zj.png

Agrat Bat Mahlat

fpKWGvC.png

Glasya-Labolas (Per wikipedia: (Count/President) Glasya-Labolas (also Caacrinolaas, Caassimolar, Classyalabolas, Glassia-labolis, Glasya Labolas, Gaylos-Lobos) is a mighty President of Hell who commands thirty-six legions of demons. He is the author and captain of manslaughter and bloodshed, tells all things past and to come, gains the minds and love of friends and foes causing love among them if desired, incites homicides and can make a man invisible. He is depicted as a dog with the wings of a griffin.)

PkIyW18.png
VxkJ0DR.png

sAp4nnP.png

In combat, Tao uses Healing and Support magic, Yuzuru uses his COMP to summon That Doggo Character (I don't know what skill he's using in this screenshot), Dazai uses "unique" demons like Mokoi and... the little dragon thing whose name I can't remember)

YpxtRch.png

Slayhori's art is tentacle free, I don't know did they have a tentacle free version of it in the original?

HylianSeven

Oct 25, 2017
iYuE34w.png

Naamah

YIBxh0o.png

Eisheth Zenunim

AfYN7zj.png

Agrat Bat Mahlat

fpKWGvC.png

Glasya-Labolas (Per wikipedia: (Count/President) Glasya-Labolas (also Caacrinolaas, Caassimolar, Classyalabolas, Glassia-labolis, Glasya Labolas, Gaylos-Lobos) is a mighty President of Hell who commands thirty-six legions of demons. He is the author and captain of manslaughter and bloodshed, tells all things past and to come, gains the minds and love of friends and foes causing love among them if desired, incites homicides and can make a man invisible. He is depicted as a dog with the wings of a griffin.)

PkIyW18.png
VxkJ0DR.png

sAp4nnP.png

In combat, Tao uses Healing and Support magic, Yuzuru uses his COMP to summon That Doggo Character (I don't know what skill he's using in this screenshot), Dazai uses "unique" demons like Mokoi and... the little dragon thing whose name I can't remember)

YpxtRch.png

Slayhori's art is tentacle free, I don't know did they have a tentacle free version of it in the original?
It's literally this one without the tentacles.

latest

Aitvaras was the egg-loving dragon boi.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
It's literally this one without the tentacles.

latest

I know it's the same art, I just didn't know if this version (tentacle free) was ever used for the original release.

Anyway: Chain battles are in, sometimes after defeating an enemy group, you'll get sucked into another battle immediately like in previous game. This is more likely to happen the more enemies on the map where you initiated the battle. You receive bonuses for completing chain battles.

Rvyz20E.png

Senri is back, and sometimes in negotiations, demons will pull a Who's That Pokemon? on you by showing you a silhouette and asking you to identify the demon. This is pretty easy, it asks if the demon is a Slime, a Preta, or an Onmoraki (the answer, of course, is "Jigglypuff from above")

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow I skipped right past the Magatsuhi Skill stuff. I think it says that there are over 50 Magatsuhi Combo skills?
D8c0W1y.png

this is giving Catillac Cats
kf6bxQg.png

I don't know if this is a new racial Magatsuhi or if it's a combo gig, but Rain of Chaos has a chance to insta kill and reduces the enemy team's number of Press Turn Icons by one the next round.

Hambulance

Oct 30, 2017
Is the steelbook meant to be a different version?

Or are retailers here just being assholes lol (10-30% markup for it)

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's my most anticipated game right now, so I certainly will not be complaining

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
2 weeks would have been better. Shit 3. I'm not gonna take less than a month the way I play games nowadays.

I'll accept this W though.