• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
shiny-lunala-shiny-solgaleo-distro-169-en.jpg

Get Shiny Lunala or Shiny Solgaleo at GameStop via Pokémon Pass
Stop by GameStop starting October 21 and open your Pokémon Pass app to receive a Shiny Legendary Pokémon.
Take a trip back to the Alola region with the help of Shiny Lunala or Shiny Solgaleo! Get one of these two Legendary Pokémon when you visit a participating GameStop store from October 21 through November 10, 2019. When you get there, open the Pokémon Pass app on your iOS or Android device to receive the code.
When you enter this code into Pokémon Ultra Sun or Pokémon Sun, you'll receive Shiny Lunala. Or enter the code into Pokémon Ultra Moon or Pokémon Moon to receive Shiny Solgaleo. Each code can be used only once. Shiny Lunala will be Lv. 60 and know the moves Moongeist Beam, Psyshock, Moonblast, and Moonlight. Shiny Solgaleo will also be Lv. 60 and know the moves Sunsteel Strike, Zen Headbutt, Noble Roar, and Morning Sun.
Get details on the free Pokémon Pass app, which you'll need to have installed to receive the code. And while you're at GameStop, be sure to check out new Pokémon TCG products, including the just-announced Sun & Moon—Cosmic Eclipseexpansion launching November 1. Plus, don't miss preorder opportunities for Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield for Nintendo Switch, launching November 15!
Use these steps, along with your code, to get Shiny Lunala or Shiny Solgaleo:
  1. Open your Pokémon Ultra Sun, Pokémon Ultra Moon,Pokémon Sun, or Pokémon Moon game.
  2. Select Mystery Gift on the main menu.
  3. Select Receive Gift.
  4. Select Get with Code/Password, then Yes, then Yesagain to connect to the internet.
  5. Enter your code.
  6. Watch as the Legendary Pokémon arrives in your game.
  7. Speak to the delivery person in any Pokémon Center to receive your Legendary Pokémon.
  8. Be sure to save your game.
Let your Pokémon collection shine with a Legendary Pokémon at GameStop!

Cruxist

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Their shiny forms are... hideous.

I like shiny legendaries, but not those ones lol.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
So with the app do I not actually have to enter the store or talk to the employees?

diakyu

Dec 15, 2018
Lunala straight up Blood Moon. Also this Pokemon Pass thing seems unnecessary.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I don't think I'll be going considering you probably can't transfer them to Sword/Shield.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
So with the app do I not actually have to enter the store or talk to the employees?

For the Let's Go Event, I actually had to talk to the employee, wait for him to find the sheet with the code, it was literally just a printed sheet in black and white, ask him how the hell was I supposed to use the app, find out he didn't have an idea either, scan the thing, go away, and then awkwardly come back to ask if I could take a Detective Pikachu promo card they were giving away lol

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
I LOVE these shinies though lol I don't know why people find them hideous. I've been waiting for them since forever.

I bet they would look awesome on the Switch, maybe in a few years they release a game that actually includes them :P

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
For the Let's Go Event, I actually had to talk to the employee, wait for him to find the sheet with the code, it was literally just a printed sheet in black and white, ask him how the hell was I supposed to use the app, find out he didn't have an idea either, scan the thing, go away, and then awkwardly come back to ask if I could take a Detective Pikachu promo card they were giving away lol
Dang now imagine that but they try to make you preorder something every other sentence since it's GameStop

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Really? The app is meant to just activate it when your GPS registers you're in the area

Nano-Nandy

Mar 26, 2019
What sucks even more is that the pass/app is location based, so to scan the code you need to be in the store (can't just scan a picture anyway).

Unless something changed recently.

BlakeofT

Oct 30, 2017
I'd normally get these ASAP, but since they likely won't be in the new games, I'm a little less excited.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Really? The app is meant to just activate it when your GPS registers you're in the area
Yeah, this is how it was for me. I was expecting to need to scan a QR code somewhere in Target but when I got there and opened the app, it just gave it to me without any hassle. Didn't have to actually do anything in the store except for being there.

My closest GameStop is next to that same Target, so hopefully this ends up being just as painless.

KernelC

alt account
Banned
Aug 28, 2019
Shiny Solgaleo is awful. Shiny Lunala is great.

I'm skipping Sword and Shield because I think GameFreak can do better, but I'll be grabbing these for when the time comes and they'll be compatible with Switch. Pokemon Pass sounds like a ridiculous hassle though

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Shiny Solgaleo is awful. Shiny Lunala is great.

I'm skipping Sword and Shield because I think GameFreak can do better, but I'll be grabbing these for when the time comes and they'll be compatible with Switch. Pokemon Pass sounds like a ridiculous hassle though
I think Pokémon Pass is being done to prevent store clerks from gatekeeping codes

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
In the age of the internet, gamefreak still bothering with this sort of garbage distribution not caring for the fans in countries that don't have these types of stores. Thanks TPC.

Serebii

Serebii.net Webmaster
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
In the age of the internet, gamefreak still bothering with this sort of garbage distribution not caring for the fans in countries that don't have these types of stores. Thanks TPC.
These distributions wouldn't exist if not in store. They wouldn't be as common and most just wouldn't exist. They're done to tie in with products

And this is TPCi not Game Freak deciding these

Psychonaut

Jan 11, 2018
Man, I hate Pokémon Pass so much. I don't understand why they add this extra layer of crap instead of just handing out codes as usual.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
You need to use the QR code in the store. HOWEVER, if someone copies the QR code online, you can scan that while being around the area of the store (I did that for the Target one when there was no event signage around).

Also keep in mind, IF YOU CHANGE PHONES, YOUR POKEPASS INFO GETS DELETED. Just did that this week, and even though I used the same login info, all of the data from my old phone did NOT go over to my other one. So if you get a code, make sure to screenshot and save it if you don't use it right away :x

daripad

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
as always, I won't be able to get it because I live in Mexico and I have no stores like these around my area.

Thank you Gamefreak

russbus64

May 1, 2018
Does Pokemon Pass prevent me from getting two codes? One for my copy of Sun, and another for my copy of Ultra Moon?

Jan 10, 2018
The limitations of one code and Home sort of bum me out on this. There's no purpose to not just distributing them digitally on Home when it comes out (although I get it..GameStop paid for this so you'd go in and preoder SW/SH). Additionally, how will we reset for natures since it is in Home? Do we get 1 shot like the Mew? That's gonna be annoying for future releases.

Bigger thought: This means that these have to be part of the Galar Dex now right? Wouldn't make sense to do this otherwise.