• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ryuukan

Oct 25, 2017
61xtPDG2bvL._RI_.jpg

From the Amazon Video page:
White bread, breadsticks, focaccia, etc.. Why don't you make bread at home which you buy at bakeries everyday? Kneading, rolling, shaping... You may feel too much work, but you will be willing to knead dough after watching these videos. Freshly baked bread will make your life more enjoyable! Instructor: Shiori Tatetsu (Le Corudon Bleu advanced diploma)

I stumbled upon this on my usual quest to find Japanese drama on various VOD services and noticed this short baking series was english subtitled and thought I would share here. I may even attempt one this weekend.
Obvious note to USA-ERA, everything is in metric/celsius

Amazon Video link

Hattori

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have any measuring tools and the fancy bowls in episode 1 though, they look important

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Weighing scales are needed sure, but any bowl will do. Bread has been made by hand for thousands of years. In a pinch you could even do without scales - Most basic bread recipes use 500g of flour. I buy bags of 1kg, so it's half.

The best kitchen tools are on the ends of our wrists! (not your watch!)

OP
OP
ryuukan

ryuukan

Oct 25, 2017
looks simple enough, now I just need baking tools...

Weighing scales are needed sure, but any bowl will do. Bread has been made by hand for thousands of years. In a pinch you could even do without scales - Most basic bread recipes use 500g of flour. I buy bags of 1kg, so it's half.

The best kitchen tools are on the ends of our wrists! (not your watch!)

You can do easy conversions of flour weight to cups and use a measuring cup too

Hycran

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
nice find. I'm going to try one of these this weekend and I'm also going to try and make gnocchi. Hope for the best.