• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

sinonobu

Oct 25, 2017
Colopl announced they are working on brand new project for their mobile hit, Shironeko on their 4th anniversary live stream today. The game is planned for Nintendo Switch on 2020, and the genre is said to be Action RPG. According to the stream, this won't be just mobile game port for Switch, but rather a completely new game. It was also mentioned that there will be some update regarding this title on next week's Famitsu magazine, but they won't release detailed info until next year.

Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmCmt0qSylc - live stream link

https://app.famitsu.com/20180713_1323084/

official website for the project - https://colopl.co.jp/shironekonewproject/

P.S) For those wondering, yes this is a very company that had lawsuit with Nintendo recently.

Last edited:

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
Given how the original lawsuit involved Shiro Neko Project's usage of the virtual joystick, and this new game is a brand new game in the same franchise...why do I have a feeling this is how both companies settled the lawsuit?
371748995959357451.png

PachaelD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Originally when said lawsuit happened I thought it was due to well, negotiations

Anyway it looks like something's settled at least - I got a bit bored with Shironeko Project but enjoy Shironeko Tennis, hopefully when this comes out I'll be itching for an Colopl Action RPG with traditional controls

Fritz

Oct 26, 2017
Good. Lawsuits between corporations are an appropriate way to settle a dispute. It's not rare from my experience that both parties turn such disputes into opportunities.

Last edited:

Vena

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"We're suing you!"

"B...but..."

"But we'll drop the suit if you make us games!"

"O-okay?"

Cinemikel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know it's a CG trailer, but that actually looks decently budgeted to make something like that for a teaser trailer? I wonder what the scale and budget will be?

Al3x1s

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Greece
2020? Sounds like a huge project?! Was that part with the foliage in-engine or any part at all or is it all cheap pre-rendered CG?

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol. Real stories can be just as bizarre as fictional ones.
It's not really that bizarre, they just came to a mutually beneficial agreement over disputed technology. Happens more often than you would think between companies. They have more to gain from working together than they do from fighting it out in court, and companies always prioritize financial gain over all else. Sometimes a lawsuit simply forces another organization to sit at the table with you.

delete12345

One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Boston, MA
Ok, so is this game a Switch exclusive? If yes, ... how does a lawsuit made it become the greatest thing happening to the Nintendo Switch?

Refrain

Oct 27, 2017
I can already guess some characters who would be in this game.

Last edited:

Fanuilos

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That whale thing kinda looks like the Wind Fish from Link's Awakening but designed like a BotW Divine Beast. It will be interesting to see what the game is.

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
I like this trend of just announcing switch games without fanfare. It makes the truly special stand out.

Ninferno

Nov 6, 2017
Nintendo PR stated that "Game release and lawsuit are separate things" regarding the announcement of Shironeko New Project and Colopl lawsuit.

I guess this is still going to continue.

https://www.nikkei.com/article/DGXMZO33010530U8A710C1NNE000/

I mean, when you are in the right, why would you voluntarily drop the case? Of course they should press on. Making a game on a platform is perceived "mutually beneficial", it's very different from a company paying another company real money directly, which is the likely result of the lawsuit. The media and investors know COLOPL are in the wrong, that's why their stock price dropped 20% when the lawsuit was announced in the first place.

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Thought this was a game about a white cat and was interested because theres like no games where you play as cats. Now im disappointed that it isnt.