• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

clippa

Apr 18, 2018
The Hurricane of the Varstray gets the job done?

Yes, it's excellent! My only complaint would be that runs last a bit too long but they fixed that with the "threat of third force" DLC. You can run through both loops of that in around half an hour. It's an excellent game, smashing around like a vengeful pinball when hypering is so much fun.

Rival Megagun is launching November 29th (PC/PS4/XB1/Switch)

Unseen

Oct 28, 2017
Yes, it's excellent! My only complaint would be that runs last a bit too long but they fixed that with the "threat of third force" DLC. You can run through both loops of that in around half an hour. It's an excellent game, smashing around like a vengeful pinball when hypering is so much fun.

Rival Megagun is launching November 29th (PC/PS4/XB1/Switch)

Oh hey that dlc sounds alright! I'll try to remember it next time I fire up the game.

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
R-Type Dimensions EX is now at least 1080p, that's great news.

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland

Deleted member 1162

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i finally picked up
HWGzMYgh.jpg

OP
OP
Nya

Nya

Oct 25, 2017

ddpdfshwce7q.png

From what I can see while not logged in on the UK marketplace, both the Black Label and Ver1.51 DLCs are still listed. I'm assuming from the shmups forum poster's issues above that they will not process when trying to purchase due to license expiry at the publisher end, which hasn't been reflected by being removed from the marketplace. As with all delisted content, these DLCs remain available if you had purchased them prior to their license expiration, but will be off limits to anyone wishing to obtain them for the 360 in future.

As an alternative, both Black Label and Ver1.51 modes remain available as part of the Steam version of the game.

Noisepurge

Oct 25, 2017
Regarding Rising Star, i guess that also rules out any hope of their games being added as backwards compatible for the Xbox One :(

DaveLong

Nov 2, 2017
Switch is already a great arcade machine IMO. It's loaded with great shooters and more are on the way, but it's got a lot more than that to offer the arcade fan. The handheld tate mode you'll get soon with a Flip Grip is another game changing addition.

Switch is indispensable for the arcade gaming fan.

Dash Kappei

Nov 1, 2017
Fuck.
I should've grabbed BL before :(
As far as BC actually this might be a good thing, with Cave self-publishing.
Honestly I just want these releases to be available on modern platforms besides PC. I see little hope they'll come out for Switch because the platform is flooded by great shmups sold for a pittance, CAVE isn't interested in going below retail prices especially after Guwange selling like shit and unfortunately the games would have a hard time selling on the eShop at anything above $20, imo

Deleted member 19813

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Switch is already a great arcade machine IMO. It's loaded with great shooters and more are on the way, but it's got a lot more than that to offer the arcade fan. The handheld tate mode you'll get soon with a Flip Grip is another game changing addition.

Switch is indispensable for the arcade gaming fan.

I'm pre-ordering that Flip Grip tomorrow.

Oct 27, 2017

I wonder how invested in BC is Cave in relation though?
Steam has been treating them nice and they haven't dropped everything that was on 360 over that way yet.
Would be nice to not have to have a JP 360 hooked up every time I want to play Futari or DSIIX.
Also the effect of other SHMUP providers bringing their games BC as well so we can fully retire 360's in general.

Too bad about that DDPR DLC. Time for M2 to save us again! Maybe a miracle will make it appear again for those who really want it.

Brian_FETO

The Million Post Man
Oct 25, 2017

god I hope everything works out for this game, bad things can happen on kickstarter but everything they've shown is just wonderful

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
Atomic Robo-Kid came out on Switch today. I've been wanting to play this game for a while now so it's really cool to see here. But my question is, are the home ports, namely the TG16 and Genesis versions, remarkably different aside from (I'm assuming) some rebalancing for the home market? Did they add more levels or anything? Just curious what the best version of the game is.

Also, Super Hydorah came out today too, in case you still haven't played it (and you should!). I've already got it on PC and Vita so I'll probably hold off, or maybe wait for a sale. More new hori shmups are always welcome, and this game is a great homage to Gradius and its ilk.
Damn dude. Nice pickup. Metal Black is sick. I've only ever played it on the Taito collection though.

japtor

Jan 19, 2018
Fuck.
I should've grabbed BL before :(
Honestly I just want these releases to be available on modern platforms besides PC. I see little hope they'll come out for Switch because the platform is flooded by great shmups sold for a pittance, CAVE isn't interested in going below retail prices especially after Guwange selling like shit and unfortunately the games would have a hard time selling on the eShop at anything above $20, imo
M2 has mentioned something about shmups on Switch iirc in one of those big interviews a little while back, sounded like the main thing was getting performance/latency up to snuff.

Speaking of Cave, I hadn't played my cab in a while and have been turning it on semi daily recently cause the screen gets kinda wonky otherwise. Took a few days but apparently I can still 1CC Ketsui, w00t.

DaveLong

Nov 2, 2017
I'm pre-ordering that Flip Grip tomorrow.
I'm very excited to receive mine. I never do kickstarter things but with Jeremy Parish involved from the start, they hooked me right in. I already have the HORI stand that allows for both horizontal and vertical Switch gameplay, but being able to do it all totally handheld for $15 is a deal.

clippa

Apr 18, 2018
Wow, Steel Vampire is fab as well. With Black Bird, ZeroRanger and now this, it's been such a great couple of months for shmups.
It feels like we're being spoilt rotten and it's not even christmas yet. Rival Megagun just round the corner as well. What a time to be alive!

Blu

Oct 25, 2017

Game Tengoku CruisinMix has a date for it's English localization release: Nov. 30th.

The game will be updated to be titled Game Tengoku CruisinMix Special. Anyone who already owns it, will be updated to it.

"Game Tengoku CruisinMix Special" adds
- New remix music for every character
- Sound Test
- New bombs for Clarice (Two for steam and one for PS4) Made by contest winner
- English localization
- Staff Roll

There's also a Tatsujin DLC being released.

They also announced a physical Standard Edition and a Limited Edition titled Paradise Box .

The Paradise Box contains
- The three DLC characters (Clarice, Homuro Banto and Tatsujin) and the Voice Mix Pack
- Two Soundtrack CD (Console [34 tracks] and Special Remixes [9 tracks] )
- 128 page art book containing artwork, roughs, and game design docs
- The original anime on DVD
- 21 reproduction fliers from Jaleco's archives
- Surprise bonus

No idea on the cost or release date at this time. Digital is still $29.99

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
New Aleste? Cause for hype?

Game Tengoku CruisinMix has a date for it's English localization release: Nov. 30th.

The game will be updated to be titled Game Tengoku CruisinMix Special. Anyone who already owns it, will be updated to it.

"Game Tengoku CruisinMix Special" adds
- New remix music for every character
- Sound Test
- New bombs for Clarice (Two for steam and one for PS4) Made by contest winner
- English localization
- Staff Roll

There's also a Tatsujin DLC being released.

They also announced a physical Standard Edition and a Limited Edition titled Paradise Box .

The Paradise Box contains
- The three DLC characters (Clarice, Homuro Banto and Tatsujin) and the Voice Mix Pack
- Two Soundtrack CD (Console [34 tracks] and Special Remixes [9 tracks] )
- 128 page art book containing artwork, roughs, and game design docs
- The original anime on DVD
- 21 reproduction fliers from Jaleco's archives
- Surprise bonus

No idea on the cost or release date at this time. Digital is still $29.99

How will it be sold?

toku

沢山特別
Oct 25, 2017
Ne Monde
really enjoying zeroranger. Type C ship is easier for me but I enjoy that focused in front style type b more usually lol

SharpX68K

Nov 10, 2017
Chicagoland
Edit: Lots of articles on M.U.S.H.A. and Robo Aleste.

mYGMYfD.jpg

4HKPEab.jpg

7qEdO76.jpg

ueMX05e.jpg

I scoured the archives of Diehard GameFan, I found pretty much everything they ever printed on M.U.S.H.A and its CD follow-up Robo Aleste, a game which went by a bunch of different names:
Dennin Aleste / Nobunaga and His Ninja Force, Electric Aleste, Cyber Aleste and who knows what else.

hJRuHRg.jpg

PzuTgx7.jpg

4OJJRkg.jpg

Last edited:

sbdesignworks

Nov 2, 2018
Hey all! I'm new to forums, just thought I'd say hello!

Big Shmup fan, favourites include Ketsui, R Type Delta, Battle Garegga and Gradius V amongst others...

Currently playing Super Hydorah and the Psyiko ports on Switch right now...The Switch's shmup line up is too good at the moment, cant wait to get my Flip Grip Soon!

Happy to have found you guys on here!

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
Screens of the new Aleste?

7wcmQBl.jpg

eIod2nI.jpg

Edit: Lots of articles on M.U.S.H.A. and Robo Aleste.

I scoured the archives of Diehard GameFan, I found pretty much everything they ever printed on M.U.S.H.A and its CD follow-up Robo Aleste, a game which went by a bunch of different names:
Dennin Aleste / Nobunaga and His Ninja Force, Electric Aleste, Cyber Aleste and who knows what else.

Thanks for all this, my boxed copy of MUSHA is my pride and joy. (I can't blame IrishNinja for trying to get it from me, lol.)

I was super disappointed in Robo Aleste, though. It's just not fun at all.