• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Though Naughty Dog is taking a bit of a break after the release of The Last of Us Part II, the studio still aims to bring in new hires in the near future. Specifically, the company is recruiting for a Level/Environment Designer, Melee/Gameplay Animator, a Tools Programmer, and quite a few other positions. Most are for the development of "narrative-driven content" and "next-generation graphics analysis."

GamesRadar spotted the listings on the 'Careers' page of Naughty Dog's official website. The heading for the Level/Environment Designer specifically makes mention of "Single Player." A Melee/Gameplay Animator posting notes Naughty Dog wants animators capable of aiding in the creation of "compelling gameplay for our future project(s)." Whomever fills the Tools Programmer vacancy will work with the ICE Team, one of PlayStation Studios' "central technology groups."

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I LOVED everything about TLoU2, but hope for a fantasy colorful game for the next project.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
YvbhLaN.png

That's a lot of opening, i wonder how many people left after finishing TLOU2

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Would love to see Naughty Dog attempt something in the Sci-Fi or Fantasy genres. We've seen how they can handle more realistic settings, let's see what they can do with the non-realistic.

I'd prefer Sci-Fi since fantasy action-adventures are a dime a dozen.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
I would like a new IP. They can close out the gen again with the last of us part 3.

ElephantShell

Oct 25, 2017
Really trying new things with their recent openings for "depressing content administrator" and "sadness analyst".

Toumari

Oct 27, 2017
England
The melee position is interesting... hand-to-hand combat system.

It also alludes to a "supporting cast" which is basically Naughty Dog's DNA at this point.

Screenshot_2020-07-09_at_16.49.45.png

Oct 25, 2017
I'm more than fine with another narrative focused 3rd person adventure, but I'm ready for them to lighten up for the next game.

Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
Meh, they should go back to making great multiplayer experiences. Or if they're set on the cinematic story driven blah blah, just pitch a Netflix show or something.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
I am tired af and read the article 3 times. Where does it mention "new IP"? This could just be for TLOU3 (which would be more than fine for me).

OP
OP
Kolx

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Meh, they should go back to making great multiplayer experiences. Or if they're set on the cinematic story driven blah blah, just pitch a Netflix show or something.
You can get a cinematic story and a great gameplay. Why limit yourself to one when you can have both?

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Space or horror please. Or space horror!

Last of Us already has a lot of survival horror elements to it even though it's more survival than horror. I think something built around space exploration would be a great move, even though it's been done before with Mass Effect and will be done again with Starfield, but those are more RPG at their core.

Jiraiya

Oct 27, 2017
Good. That's part of the reason i fancy a PlayStation...naughty dog single player. Trust whatever they decide to make. Except for Uncharted...nah.

Loanshark

Nov 8, 2017
I can imagine that there is a huge exodus happening right now at Naughty Dog given their working conditions, Jason's exposé indicated there would be one once TLOU 2 wrapped up.

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully it's sci-fi or even something like fantasy. Also hoping we get that TLOU multiplayer title to tide us over.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
A position for animating hand to hand combat is not an indication that they're working on a new IP considering that their last two IPs both had hand to hand combat as major features, including a dodge button in the last one.

mils

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder how many employees they are going to burn out and churn through for their next project. Lol who gives a shit about that I want my new game!

ImaPlayThis

Oct 26, 2017
Not to sound dumb, but why is this "shocking" like you'd expect them to start working in their next game, especially with next gen just months (potentially weeks) away

rude

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if that casting rumor ever turned out to be true. If it did, then they've been working on this since at least 2018.