• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yesterday, Ubisoft published an article containing details about how their games will run on next-gen consoles, but a difference in wording caused some, well, concern. They mentioned "4K and 60fps" for the PS5 version of the games, leading to speculation that they were actually 2 separate modes, 4K or 60fps, while for Xbox Series X games, they used "4K at 60fps".

As expected, the article has been updated to say "4K at 60fps" for the PS5 versions as well.

Shocking.

news.ubisoft.com

Ubisoft On the Next Generation of Consoles – Get the Details

Ubisoft On the Next Generation of Consoles – Get the Details

AC Valhalla:

PlayStation 5: PS5 players can immerse themselves in the stunning open world with the power of the Tempest 3D Audio Engine to hear the environment around them, along with detailed 4K at 60 frames per second visuals, and faster loading speeds due to the additional power of the console's ultra-high speed SSD. If you purchase a PS4 copy of the game, you'll be able to upgrade at no additional cost to the PS5** edition.

Far Cry 6:

Far Cry has never looked so stunning, with luscious tropical vistas rendered at 60 frames per second at 4K resolutions on Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5. If you own a PS4 or Xbox One copy of the game, you can upgrade to the Xbox Series X | S* or PlayStation 5** edition respectively at no extra cost when your new console arrives.

Riders Republic:

PlayStation 5: Race and ride through the National Parks of the United States in 4K at 60 frames per second. HDR compatible screens offer a wider range of colors and crisper visuals so you can experience every moment as if you were there, and faster loading times make sure you spend more time boarding, skiing and flying. If you get yourself a PlayStation 4 version of the game, you can upgrade to the PlayStation 5** edition at no additional cost when you get your new console.

Arubedo

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 24, 2018
Morocco
Wow, so you are telling me that all the speculation from yesterday's thread was for nothing.

--R

Being sued right now, please help me find a lawyer
Oct 25, 2017
There was a lot of concern. Glad Ubisoft clarified so these people don't have to be concerned anymore.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
The way some people have been bending and twisting the english language to fuel these "concerns" over the past couple of months has been embarrassing.

brokenswiftie

Prophet of Truth
Banned
May 30, 2018
Concern? About this??
"4K and 60 FPS" didn't mean 4K AND 60 FPS ?
What I'm I reading? Who is that dumb?

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
81424326.jpg

lol, nice.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Concern? About this??
"4K and 60 FPS" didn't mean 4K AND 60 FPS ?
What I'm I reading? Who is that dumb?
I believe the confusion came 'cus they used different wording for the Series X and PS5. For the PS5 it could imply that it could do 4K and 60FPS but not at the same time, the wording for Series X didn't have any room for interpretation.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
The concern over this was dumb as hell, it was very clear what they wanted to say. Probably written by different people but the same message nonetheless.

OP
OP
Thiago

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There was concern about this as well? Lol
It's a fun thread!

www.resetera.com

Far Cry 6, Assassin's Creed: Valhalla and Immortals: Fenyx Rising to be 60fps on PS5/XSX News

https://news.ubisoft.com/en-us/article/24pOdAVM0hnCzWWFiXxPga/ubisoft-on-the-next-generation-of-consoles-get-the-details?isSso=true&connectSsoId=u8BWDMQ7ICxYYMUAG2OrnV2aiHejzbbCe9eA45767B8%3D&refreshStatus=ok Assassin's Creed: Valhalla Immortals Fenyx Rising Far Cry 6 Riders Public...

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
We need to all stop being so damn pedantic about the smallest wording choices.

That thread was full of picking over individual words and sentences in what was essentially a mish mash of copy/pasted press releases clearly written by different people. 'And or Or' was by far not the only thing that people were concerned about.

They said 'or' not 'and'
They didn't mention Series S so that must obviously be half the framerate
They didn't mention DualSense for Valhalla
They didn't mention 3D Audio for Xbox Watch Dogs

etc

It was a random blog post that someone made a thread about and then 400 people proceeded to pick it apart and criticising it for not being 1000% clear on every little detail of everything.

As I said yesterday, signed, someone who writes public facing things like this daily and is used to them being picked to shreds by pedants who have got the wrong end of the stick about everything.

Firmus_Anguis

Oct 30, 2017
People are fucking weird around here sometimes. They see what they want to see.

This didn't really need to clarify any further, and yet... But - Oh, the concern!

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
Can we PLEASE stop with the concern trolling threads that are actually console war threads?

Both consoles will get the same performance modes, they'll both have RTX and no your XSX won't burst into flames.

Just pick whatever console you want for whatever reason you want (or a combination of the three) and be done with it.

Your plastic box if choice does not matter at all in the larger scheme of things.

AllChan7

Tries to be a positive role model
Apr 30, 2019
The very fact people thought these games wouldnt be 4K60fps on PS5 is...not surprising. The FUD for the PS5 since the specs reveal has been ridiculous.

Hell, I saw people on social media complaining about Demon Souls being 1440p60fps.. like the game truly looks next gen and they're worried about native 4K vs slightly less 4K lmao.

OSHAN

Oct 27, 2017
Guess whoever runs this Twitter account needs to clarify.

If you don't take this stuff seriously, I do find this pretty amusing. Just reminds me of being a kid and my friend circle talking Genesis and SNES, bringing up how shitty MK is on SNES, or which Aladdin reigns supreme. Granted, I was 11, 12 years old. I'm guessing the person behind that tweet is older than 12.

brokenswiftie

Prophet of Truth
Banned
May 30, 2018
I believe the confusion came 'cus they used different wording for the Series X and PS5. For the PS5 it could imply that it could do 4K and 60FPS but not at the same time, the wording for Series X didn't have any room for interpretation.
Wouldn't they have just used "4K or 60fps" then?

Oct 25, 2017
It's a fun thread!

www.resetera.com

Far Cry 6, Assassin's Creed: Valhalla and Immortals: Fenyx Rising to be 60fps on PS5/XSX News

https://news.ubisoft.com/en-us/article/24pOdAVM0hnCzWWFiXxPga/ubisoft-on-the-next-generation-of-consoles-get-the-details?isSso=true&connectSsoId=u8BWDMQ7ICxYYMUAG2OrnV2aiHejzbbCe9eA45767B8%3D&refreshStatus=ok Assassin's Creed: Valhalla Immortals Fenyx Rising Far Cry 6 Riders Public...
I've been living under a rock.

Hernan532

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Sep 30, 2020
Ok maybe it's because i am developer but How could people read AND like OR XDD.
AND is a conjunction wtf

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Hilarious this needed to be clarified, but it is what it is lol.