• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
UPDATE: Confirmed! Will be essentially called Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Trilogy for Nintendo Switch! It's the three main PS360 games, and has (all?) DLC included.

https://gematsu.com/2018/02/naruto-shippuden-ultimate-ninja-storm-trilogy-coming-switch

###

http://www.shonengamez.com/2018/02/22/rumor-naruto-ultimate-ninja-storm-trilogy-coming-to-switch/

According to a trusted, but anonymous source (yeah we know, we can already see your eyes rolling), Naruto: Ultimate Storm Trilogy will be releasing on the Nintendo Switch. If this turns out to be true then we should expect to see a scan on Weekly Shonen Jump very soon. As always, take any rumor and leak with a grain of salt until there is an official announcement.

From an anonymous source and from the looks of it it might be in the newest Weekly Shonen Jump?

PLEASE be true! :D

BTW, just to be clear, they said their source isn't a public figure whatsoever, so it isn't you-know-who. :P

Last edited:

lino

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Portable UNS? Im in 100%.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Smart move from Bamco if true - should perform well in the west.
If those are quality ports they will look great - especially in portable Mode.

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
It's been enough years since I played one that I'd probably bite.

If it's true then I guess xenoverse 's legs made the competition sit up.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
Considering how well Xenoverse 2 has performed, I wouldn't be surprised to see more Shonen games.

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
I bought this for my cousin for his PS4 so we could play together at his house, but portable UNS would be awesome! Day 1 if true.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bandai Namco porting an older game in an anime IP to Switch whilst a new game is already announced for PS4?

That all checks out.

Pablo Mesa

Banned
Nov 23, 2017
Bandai Namco porting an older game in an anime IP to Switch whilst a new game is already announced for PS4?

That all checks out.
I guess the Switch have not proved itself yet or the new game been so many years in development that switch version will heavily delay the new one
/s

jokes aside I like the option of get older games I have not played in year and on the go is a plus, but when you see older ports are giving out while newer games skip it. those ports start to look more like scraps.

7Suna

Oct 31, 2017
Are not 4 naruto ninja storm games?
  • Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Storm
  • Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 2
  • Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations
  • Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3
  • Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution
  • Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4
Man... We need a new game with all this story.

Tito

Oct 28, 2017
I don't want to be a dick, but there's a Switch rumor thread.

I'm going for fake on this rumor, any compilation of three HD era games on Switch, with the cartridges and on board memory limitations on the console, seems far-fetched to me. Also, it should be troublesome to port games with older engines.

Wouldn't it be easier to port the 4th game?

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017

I'm going for fake on this rumor, any compilation of three HD era games on Switch, with the cartridges and on board memory limitations on the console, seems far-fetched to me. Also, it should be troublesome to port games with older engines.

And...why is that ? The Trilogy is on PS4/XBO/PC already.

Slacker247

Oct 27, 2017
First three games cover pre-timeskip? If true, that's a great addition (assuming port holds up).

malyse

Community Resetter
Bridesmaids again, huh?
Maybe when we get the year late port of Shinobi Strikers it will have a nice amount of DLC with it.

Also, it would be much more interesting if they made the story mode one continuous arc instead of splitting it into separate games.

fiendcode

Oct 26, 2017
but how did one piece perform? lets also not forget that switch isnt getting fighters z
UWR? It outsold the PS4 and Steam versions from what we know (Famitsu, Steamspy).

Or did you mean Musou 3? It's doing even better!

And DBFZ Switch is like the easiest port ever to predict. It's almost a foregone conclusion now, the surprise would actually be if it doesn't happen.

Zalman

Oct 25, 2017
YonkouProductions is reporting on it too. Fairly reliable when it comes to anime-related news.

FromAshesRise

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really want to like these games. Like really badly. Especially with how horrible the anime is. However the gameplay never captured the feel of the fights in the manga. Also, the games have an even harder time in capturing a lot of the emotional impact of the dialog driven moments.

It's a shame really. Wish there was a way to properly adapt the manga - but so far it hasn't happened.

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I don't care about a switch rumor thread. I care about Naruto.

This thread is relevant to my interests.

Cinemikel

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Except that rumor thread is only for archival purposes, not for any actual interesting discussion about any actual current rumors. If you do everyone just keeps whining and complaining about how they aren't an actual rumor thread where you post current rumors

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Would be pretty exciting! I liked UNS4 quite a lot but never checked out the predecessors. Only played the PSP games before. Bring on some portable Naruto.