• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
TORONTO - Shoppers Drug Mart has been granted a licence to sell medical marijuana online.

Health Canada's list of authorized cannabis sellers and producers has been updated to reflect that the pharmacy can sell dried and fresh cannabis, as well as plants, seeds and oil.

A website has been set up by the company, which says that patients "with a valid medical document will soon be able to purchase a wide selection of medical cannabis products" from Shoppers.

The company was granted a medical marijuana producer licence in September, after initially applying in October 2016.

Shoppers has said that it has no interest in producing medical cannabis, but the licence is required in order to sell the product to patients.

Under the current Health Canada regulations for medical pot, the only legal distribution method is by mail order from licensed producers direct to patients.

For those who don't get the humour in the title, Shoppers Drug Mart is a Walgreens type pharmacy store chain in Canada.

Also, I am laughing because of what this could mean for the PC Optimum Points Card system that Shoppers Drug Mart is a part of. LOL I am sure they have a clause that prevents redeeming points for this kind of product.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/busin...ce-to-sell-medical-marijuana-online-1.4210189

talkingood

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if there are any other retailers globally which sell both Nintendo games and pot.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Anyone knows if we can buy cannabis oil online if we're in Canada?
For recreational cannabis you can buy online or in-store but where you do so depends on which province you're in. I have no idea how shipping is now but it was super slow before. For medical cannabis there's a page on the Government of Canada's website which lists all the authorized suppliers and what they can sell. Just remember that if you're visiting Canada and try to cross an international border with it then you'll get fucked. You can cross provincial borders with it but if you're flying and there's an emergency diversion that forces you to land in the US then you better flush everything before landing.

Ether_Snake

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
For recreational cannabis you can buy online or in-store but where you do so depends on which province you're in. I have no idea how shipping is now but it was super slow before. For medical cannabis there's a page on the Government of Canada's website which lists all the authorized suppliers and what they can sell. Just remember that if you're visiting Canada and try to cross an international border with it then you'll get fucked. You can cross provincial borders with it but if you're flying and there's an emergency diversion that forces you to land in the US then you better flush everything before landing.

I see. I guess the stores in Quebec sell some, but I'd prefer to just buy online.