• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What should it be?

• CGI

Votes: 338 71.5%
  • Live-action

Votes: 135 28.5%

• Total voters
Oct 27, 2017
tenor.gif

Oct 25, 2017
One. It needs to be hand drawn. Two. It's needs to be a tv show, not a movie.

Basically they just need to do what the castlevania show did, just fitting within the tone of Zelda.

Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Youre gonna get some Eragon shit if its live action

2D would only happen if they went with a Japanese studio but based on the Mario movie, Nintendo would probably go with an american company

CGI it is

trugs26

Jan 6, 2018
No movie. Anthology series, with different casts/filmmakers/etc doing their own take on the legend (or just a short portion of the legend).

Have one take be a silent film. Have another be a madcap Saturday morning cartoon. Do another as a musical. Embrace the inherent inconsistency of the series, rather than just stamping the LoZ brand on a PG-rated GoT knockoff.
That's a neat idea and works well with the "legend" idea that the games do as well. +3 respect points.

Oct 29, 2017
CGI is the most versatile. I understand the desire for traditional animation, but this being a video game franchise that has been married to 3D graphics for over 20 years, I'm sure they can find the ideal CGI art style that makes everyone happy.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
Between CGI and live action i take live action (with a girl to play Link).

My preference would be traditional 2D animation though... still with a girl as Link / Linkle / whatever the girl link name is.

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
Whatever that doesn't limit the posibilities of the franchise.
Unlike Castlevania, I don't think they could pull off having Link do a lot of dialogue, so it would probably need to focus more on the sense of discovery/mistery/exploration and then some action, so I don't think Live Action would work that well as it'd look more like our regular world with some cgi monsters and buildings on top.

Having different styles and mediums also sounds like a nice idea if they were to make a series instead of a film.

Anime it is, I don't see any other way to make something good enough. Use BotW style a la Ghibli.
As long as he doesn't look like in the Palutena reveal for Smash, maybe. Something more flat looking that puts an emphasis on fluid animation and the setpieces could be interesting.

Last edited: