• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Impeach the unqualified white supremacist, Donald John Trump, again?

• American - Yes

Votes: 559 51.8%
  • American - No

Votes: 88 8.2%
  • non-American - Yes

Votes: 403 37.3%
  • non-American - No

Votes: 29 2.7%

• Total voters
May 29, 2019
I empathize, people don't always get it right the first time. Would it be worth it to try to remove Trump again? Even if it puts Pence in charge for a bit. For what it's worth right now, I don't think the political winds would shift against democrats if they did. Hell, republicans might get a boost if they attempt to lead the charge (although, that huge white supremacy problem they've cultivated).

White supremacy example.

Pandemic-bungling example with bonus malevolent Mitch.

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
Get this turd out of office and investigate everything he's done and let him rot in prison for whatever remaining years he has left in his life.

data

Oct 25, 2017
Even if the GOP Senate will not impeach him, I believe we should attempt to impeach him again for the record of all the atrocities commited

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
A few months ago, fine, Trump was the biggest problem we had. But considering the state of the world in mid-2020, I don't think Congress has the bandwidth to deal with all of the issues they need to right now - tossing a quixotic impeachment trial into the middle is just going to make things worse.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
The only way I see removal is within the 2 months between losing the election and transition of power. I think he will embarrass the Republicans a bit too much for them to keep any morsel of dignity they believe they have left.

Africanus II

Oct 26, 2017
In an ideal world the Haitian revolution would be the blueprint for Trump's fate.

Unfortunately in this simulation we call life, Trump will get off scot free and his image will be rehabilitated by liberals and conservative alike dedicated to continuing the machine.

CatAssTrophy

Dec 4, 2017
Texas
we did. Senate has to remove him from office. until it's a WIDE majority of Democrats (since some of them would vote no) he won't be removed from office.

off topic: but the same is true for SCOTUS appointments. everyone using "RGB's replacement!" as a talking point to vote Biden seem to leave out the part where unless we completely flip the Senate it doesn't matter because they'll refuse to confirm like they did with Obama.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We're 5 months from the election. No. It'd be a complete waste of time and energy and if anything it'd probably give him momentum going into November.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
What good does it do? Nothing seems to matter anymore. They would just shrug it off again and life goes on with nobody caring.

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
As long as the GOP controls the senate he won't be removed from office. It's a waste of time that's better spent campaigning for November.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
No, the election is 150 days away. I don't think that Democrats could make a case for impeachment over that time, especially with Coronavirus limiting the amount of time Congress is in session and in committee. As we learned last November, impeaching a president even when there is clear, admitted evidence of criminal wrongdoing -- his own words, his own actions, the testimony of his own administration -- is difficult and all consuming. It wouldn't serve anything productive, it wouldn't be successful, it'd be a tough case to make (Trump's response to the Coronavirus has been horrible, but it's within the power of the executive to do nothing), and it'd probably give momentum to Trump and downballot Republican races come November. Politically, Democrats need to prove that they're planning to rebuild America: Take us out of this health crisis, pursue social justice, meet the needs of people debilitated from the virus, and restart the economy once the health crisis has "passed."

Bungling the response to the coronavirus and making bizarre white supremacist overtures about Henry Fords bloodlines are wrong, but not unconstitutional or violations of the power of the president. On the coronavirus specifically, a president is well within his power to do nothing, and quixotically there's precedent for non-response (Calvin Coolidge's non-response to the Great Mississippi Flood is probably the best modern-day example).

Last edited:

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Deeds, not words, not when they have been spoken countless times and are as obvious and useless as used tissue paper cast into the void, get the job done.

DJT is the symptom. The entire GOP, a portion of Dems and most of the richest people and the too big to fail corporations that have shaped the flow of wealth, religious and political clout over the last few decades are the problem.

There, true and cheap words (from a nobody like me) everyone already knows about have been written. And it changes nothing.

Edit: Go and vote his ass out and then vote out every GOP leader out from every position of power possible.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
We have the power to remove him from office in November., and I hope we do.

OP
OP
CascadingOCDuty
May 29, 2019
Elections are about turnout each cycle. Impeaching him again this close to election will just fire up his base give him a rallying effect with them.

What voter-base does he have left? I think getting GOP on the record defending this clown as symbols of white supremacy are being burned down will empower those that oppose the GOP and their (lack of) leadership.

Voytek

Oct 25, 2017
Kinda pointless to do it again now. Gonna have to vote him out. If he gets re-elected though maybe we can try again.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
Uh yeah we tried. The GOP will never let that happen, so the only choice is to vote the fucker out in November.

Mar Tuuk

Oct 31, 2017
Tried once, didn't stop him or remove him. It only really showed that impeachment is a label and nothing else if there's no conviction. Vote in November. If he gets re-elected well I don't know what you can do at that point.

What voter-base does he have left? I think getting GOP on the record defending this clown as symbols of white supremacy are being burned down will empower those that oppose the GOP and their (lack of) leadership.

GOP and Republicans fall in line and turn out when they need to regardless. Don't forget that.

Jonnax

Oct 26, 2017
I think that many Americans don't want it to continue this way.
Sure but conservatives have the monopoly on violence.
Both in the police and the number of weapons white supremacists have.

They also have the most political power.
Look at the conservative judges Mitch McConnell has been putting in, how do you think they'll rule when it comes to protests?

The way police reacted last night indicates they want protestors to fight back so they can just unload bullets into them.

These people salivate at the thought of dead bodies on the streets.

They use "non-lethal" rounds but fire to blind.

They are sadistic.

They have all the power.

If good people got together and burnt the White House to the ground it feels like it wouldn't change a thing.

America is racist. The actual numbers of racist people might be lower. But they have all the power.

Homebrewer

Banned
Dec 10, 2019
Is there seriously any point in discussing it any further? The system does not work. Voting wont erase the problems and crimes committed. Yet everyone seems to think discussion and understanding is the only way to truly affect change.
Have the last few years seriously not changed peoples outlook? Do people just choose not to see whats directly in front of them? How can you claim to have hope with all this terror and bias happening.

You want to truly make a change? Only one way to do it. But people treat 'that' option as something worse than what is already happening every day.

At some point a person just has to accept they are either going to change things, or they are not. Discussion is utterly useless at this point.

Emperor_El

Oct 29, 2017
He wont be removed but being impeached twice would fuck him up emotionally & mentally so that's a plus.

Also, they should've included the racism last go round like Congressman Al Green wanted to. That shit's been on display since the 70s but people want act like it's a recent "The hood is off now" development.