• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Should Animal Crossing feature voice acting?

• Yes

Votes: 62 5.0%
  • No

Votes: 1,175 95.0%

• Total voters

Yasai

Dec 23, 2017
Why not use a computer-generated voice synthetiser from the beginning rather than going rounadbout it?

A voice synthetiser allows writers to produce new lines without hiring VAs to do them even uptil late into production, have dynamic text being read, and even player-generated text.

The current Animalese is already the result of a very crude voice-synthesis algorithm. They did a bit of R&D with Todmodachi Collection. I'm surprised they didn't take the next step, but it might be an artistic choice.

Yeah absolutely - it would be the most obvious choice to just improve their voice-generator tools and diversfy them more. I think individual speech patterns of different voice actors will still have way more charm and range than any software solution could hope to achieve but I'm with you, I also want them to take the next step already but possibly they don't see a real reason to do it. Maybe they think it wouldn't add too much compared to other modern gameplay updates like crafting and such

Retromess

Teyvat Traveler
Nov 9, 2017
I think Animal Crossing is fine to keep using the gibberish the games have had, but I REALLY want Nintendo to embrace voice acting in its other titles.

Fire Emblem Three Houses was a step in the right direction - but Breath of the Wild 2 and the rest of their "big" games NEED voice acting.

Joltik

Oct 25, 2017
I want a Stardew Valley like farming game where you learn to farm, craft, hunt, and fight monsters.

Then you uncover a Hot Fuzz-like conspiracy and they burn your farm to the ground. You have to use all the crafting, hunting, and monster fighting skills you've learned to infiltrate the town and take down the cult.
This sounds like something that would fit right at home with a new Rune Factory title.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
phi264y7ffr21.jpg
next-gen Switch Animal Crossing...

but...

giphy.gif