• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BDGAME

Oct 27, 2017
Brasília
So you think that the positives to the humor outweighs the potential trauma it could have to child sex abuse victims? I don't mean that in a snarky way, I mean that as a sincere question between balancing the line between comedy and the audience's sensitivities.

The game is still in development though. They can patch it out. That's the question. I'm not criticizing it for the initial inclusion because as mentioned it would have been greenlit years ago. I'm not even saying they 100% should patch it out, I want to hear people's opinions.

Remove it from the game is like give the guilty sentence, ignoring all the long and exhaustive case that concluded he is not guilty.

A documentary try to manipulate the public opinion and now that can private the world of all the wonderful things Michael did.

That cutscene need to stay as one of the many proofs that Michael Jackson was someone that deserves to be remembered forever.

May 18, 2018
Oh look another bad faith argument.

You're right because you didn't answer my question. I guess you don't need to when words can mean whatever you want.

Y'all are in the thread like Dante said, "FUCK THEM KIDS HASHTAG FREE MICHAEL JACKSON" when he just did a dance. Yeah, it was a dance from a literal pedophile but just a dance. There is no "pedophile reference" and no amount of...whatever y'all are doing will change it. You can scream "debate me with facts" all you want. You think I'm here to argue. I'm trying to figure why you're making shit up.

The funny thing is that trash reaction thread made me think how I've never seen people act like this about that game. Jackson being a pedo was actual jokes in the 90s. I guess it seems cool to be angry like this is new information. Kids these days smh. Gonna suck when y'all realize that 96% of current dance moves were done by Michael Jackson.

Anaron

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I cringed when I saw the clip of him dancing as is right after the documentary aired and was wondering when/if anyone was going to discuss it.

Mgs2master2

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
jesus this thread took a dive. It went from a dance move from a game into something that doesn't even resemble the game anymore. At least we can keep this on topic? Im all for talking about it, but if we have users straight out attacking other users and hijacking the thread, then possibly the thread should just be locked and that's that.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You should be ashamed of your posts in this thread and your view on this.
not one post of mine have I blamed any of the victims, or even defended michael jackson's actions. But his impact across pop culture is immeasurable. His dance moves(that he popularized but didn't actually invent) are still gonna exist, and they're bigger than one person. Its a losing game to try and put everything michael jackson influenced in a box, or removed, or pretend they didn't exist going forward.

Deleted member 20630

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
No sadly wasn't me I don't believe you were typing to. But I do see your point, though I would argue that such a stance actually can have both instead of one for the other. You can very much enjoy and appreciate the musical talent and contributions that Michael Jackson as a SINGER has given to the industry, but then also condemn him for his actions as a PAEDOPHILE during his lifetime. Condemning one does not lockout or make it impossible to appreciate the other as his talented work transcended even he himself and is now just an iconic piece in pop culture. Yes it was created by him, and as I said I do understand your position of argument there but I do believe that when you can condemn but still enjoy it isn't making false or reducing the impact of either statement.

One can say that Michael Jackson was a visionary when it came to pop music and in fact influenced decades worth of musical talents and styles, but that during his lifetime he committed atrocious acts and should be condemned for such actions against children.

I'd argue no one is baiting him but he baiting people, however I do believe he needs to step away and take a breather. Throwing so much emotion into something which clearly strikes an imbalance is both good to see in your beliefs but not for your health.

The problem is is that actions speak louder than words. We can say we condemn him all we want, but if we continue to tolerate - or worse, push for tributes to him - our actions are saying "We don't approve of what he did to kids, but we're gonna forget about that while we remember all that good music we love."

That's the thing I take issue with beyond all the scumbags in this thread victim blaming and downplaying what he did.

As an aside, I can see yours and others perspectives on separating art from the artist, even if I vehemently disagree that you can separate and celebrate his art from his sexual abuse. I appreciate you (and very few others on your side of the argument) at least arguing in good faith instead of coming in and "what about'ing" some other game or trying to derail by asking "Why are we only mad now!?" Thanks.

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Remove it from the game is like give the guilty sentence, ignoring all the long and exhaustive case that concluded he is not guilty.

A documentary try to manipulate the public opinion and now that can private the world of all the wonderful things Michael did.

That cutscene need to stay as one of the many proofs that Michael Jackson was someone that deserves to be remembered forever.
You really just gonna ignore a grown man sleeping in bed with children

Cuz even if you ignore the doc that is a fact

Deleted member 20630

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
he just did a dance. Yeah, it was a dance from a literal pedophile but just a dance. There is no "pedophile reference"

giphy.gif

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018

Did the Jackson estate pay you to write this post?

Hecht

Too damn tired
Administrator
Oct 24, 2017
Official Staff Communication
This topic is especially hard to adjudicate given the long and tortured history of the cases, the outcome of previous trials, and the fact that Michael Jackson is deceased. That said, we've been actioning members who attacked the accusers as liars etc. A number of posts are still being reviewed to ensure consistency.

Because this thread's discussion has been played out and devolved into metacommentary, we will be leaving it locked.
For future Michael Jackson threads please observe these rules of engagement:
* You are free to presume MJ's guilt and address him accordingly.
* You can reference inconsistencies in testimony and past acquittals.
* You cannot label the accusers as liars or frauds or similar.
* If you can't observe these rules or can't accept them, do not participate. Metacommentary derails will be banned.

Status
Not open for further replies.