• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia
I would also like to see the design of Super Saiyan 4 return, but not with that name. The fact that it's considered a Super Saiyan form despite looking nothing like the others is my main complaint about it. I would really prefer it to be shown as the next stage of the Oozaru branch of abilities. And I'd like for Gohan to figure it out, after what he said about going down a different path than his father. He could think about how Saiyans have both the Super Saiyan branch of transformations and the God branch of them, how they're separate from each other and can be mixed, and wonder about a third branch... and then remember that we already saw a third branch, Oozaru. He goes to Vegeta, asks about how he mastered the form. He gets his tail though a wish or a special Senzu Bean or something and trains in the HTC as Oozaru, mastering the form and beyond, to the point that he achieves a harmony between his Saiyan and Oozaru forms, which is basically SS4 by another name.

OP
OP
Xzeon

Xzeon

User was permanently banned at own request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
He's not even close to Blue Vegito though.

And yes, I would also like to see Janemba, Garlick, even Hirudegard in Super.

Janemba looks really cool. Id be down for him showing up.

I stopped there, sorry but I can't read something like this without wanting to destroy everything, Kale is not only a garbage annoying cliché anime crying baby without any background or personality ( but that's every universe 6 saiyan problem overall ) but she totally destroyed and make pointless what Broly was, the legendary saiyan, a fucking berserker that have no time to waste on people, destroying everything purely by instinct, he's the perfect exemple of the savagery of his race and the movie did a great job painting him, DBSuper destroyed this with Kale, I don't really care at the end because she's Universe 6 Broly but still, fuck her.

On topic because I still read the post till the end ; ) : Some non canon stuff are really good, I want the SSJ4 to be the final Saiyan transformation, I want Gogeta to be there cause he looks better than Vegito in my opinion and I want Kid Pan which is the best character of GT, fine with this.

Hmmm. Brilliant may have been too strong of a word. I like the idea of remixing a character into something new. I'm not super fond of Kale or Caba. I do really like Caulifla tho. Was there a need to make a girl Broly? No. They coulda just used actual Broly. Either way its confusing so lol.

Agree with kid Pan, she's great. SS4 being the last form? That could work.

29290d672b1ce9ebc6d8dwvjz2.jpg

Uubs already in the main canon. We may see him if we go post time skip aka after Z.

I would also like to see the design of Super Saiyan 4 return, but not with that name. The fact that it's considered a Super Saiyan form despite looking nothing like the others is my main complaint about it. I would really prefer it to be shown as the next stage of the Oozaru branch of abilities. And I'd like for Gohan to figure it out, after what he said about going down a different path than his father. He could think about how Saiyans have both the Super Saiyan branch of transformations and the God branch of them, how they're separate from each other and can be mixed, and wonder about a third branch... and then remember that we already saw a third branch, Oozaru. He goes to Vegeta, asks about how he mastered the form. He gets his tail though a wish or a special Senzu Bean or something and trains in the HTC as Oozaru, mastering the form and beyond, to the point that he achieves a harmony between his Saiyan and Oozaru forms, which is basically SS4 by another name.

Wow. I really really like this idea. I liked that they tied SS4 into that Oozaru stuff cuz they completely ignore it p early on in Z.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Please tell me this SSJ4 stuff isn't based off any legit spoilers. I dunno if I'd even bother to keep watching if they start rolling out the GT stuff.

Also do people actually like Broly? He feels like more of a parody than a popular character since his entire thing is yelling Kakarot all day long. The quality of his movies makes him really difficult to like.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Please tell me this SSJ4 stuff isn't based off any legit spoilers. I dunno if I'd even bother to keep watching if they start rolling out the GT stuff.

Also do people actually like Broly? He feels like more of a parody than a popular character since his entire thing is yelling Kakarot all day long. The quality of his movies makes him really difficult to like.

No, Super has been consistently burning any chance of GT being canon to the ground

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
No, Super has been consistently burning any chance of GT being canon to the ground
That's kinda what I thought. With everything going on in Super right now it seems to be completely negated. At this point were already 3 forks and a hybrid form beyond this. Figure an SSJ4 would get backhanded out of the ring in seconds.

SolVanderlyn

I love pineapple on pizza!
Oct 28, 2017
Earth, 21st Century
They should ditch Goku and his friends and do a prequel series set on Planet Vegeta with a darker tone. They could make it about the rise of the saiyans as they wipe out the inhabitants of Planet Plant and follow it through to the life of your typical saiyan plundering planet after planet under Frieza's regime.

Of course this will never happen but a man can dream.
This sounds awesome.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
Dragon Ball Online had a pretty decent template (narratively anyway - gameplay was pretty mediocre) for how to do Dragonball without needing to keep Goku around. The idea of a future where the superpowered martial arts have disseminated into the population (courtesy of Gohan publishing a damn popular book), the Namekians have moved in and settled after New Namek was conquered, and a whole Majin race has sprung up is fertile ground for new characters while still having an actual world, rather than the multiverse crutch used by stuff like Heroes. Meanwhile its usage of time travel to visit iconic moments and focusing on demons as villains can clearly work because Dragonball Xenoverse recycled half the concepts and characters involved - Time Patrol Trunks, the majin race, Mira, and Towa are all taken from DBO - while sadly ditching the stuff that only made sense in a world that existed beyond a hub city, like a revived Red Ribbon Army (as the Red Pants army) headed up by Android 9.

latest

It was basically Fanfiction: The Game, but it had some honestly neat ideas, and at the very least, being able to start with a fresh cast, and revisiting early DB - its first time travel mission had you lead Grandpa Gohan to Goku, rather than fight Raditz as in Xenoverse - would be an excellent way of resetting the power scale, rather than finding yet another way to top the gods. Don't really see where Super can go from the end of its current arc.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
I'd like an actual Super Saiyan 4 that doesn't go as crazy as what GT did but something more visually interesting than just turning red and blue :/.

Ultra Instinct is cool in a very simple way but its basically just another style of body glow with silver pupils.

Oh and when are we gonna see the Dragon Fucking Fist?

a0726ca9d88a2973aae27c51bf49bd0a6a19ce6b_hq.gif

I can't believe Dragon Fist isn't canon.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Super already have zero shits about the time patrol stuff when they did the Future Trunks arc, the Demon Realm in Heroes is something that can easily be ignored.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
I'd honestly love a laid-back arc involving Tien's Dojo & the Crane School. Goku & Vegeta can be around but deem any threats too weak for them initially so the human characters can get some cool scenes. Hopefully it ends with them (& Piccolo) getting power-ups so the humans can fight alongside the Saiyans again. With them having a weird one-off about Tien's Dojo & a new character, I feel like this is something they may actually plan to return to. And if people don't acknowledge how cool Tien is, then maybe the possibility of Tao Pai Pai coming back might be enough for them?

It'd also be cool if we can see Videl being a badass superhero again. The fact she stops fighting after she's killed is devastating.

OP
OP
Xzeon

Xzeon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
OP
OP
Xzeon

Xzeon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm in the middle of watching Super while also watching the current eps.

Goku really does not care if all the universes are erased. I know he's done dumb shit like let Frieza charge up to max power. Didn't he also give Cell a senzu bean? But Super... they turned Goku into a bad guy. Its funny they had "evil Goku" already but normal Goku is just as fucked up. He really don't care if 11 universes r just destroyed.

DBS Goku is a villain.

You could argue if he is actually evil, but the Tournament of Power has made him the main antagonist.

I know its sorta off topic but I just saw the Goku vs Bergano ep and now I kinda fucking hate Goku.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Goku really does not care if all the universes are erased.

Don't single out Goku, none of them do. Everyone only cares only about their own universes. And even then, the vast majority of then both fight and act in a way where it feels like this isn't even a tournament for their survival to begin with.

Ironically, Goku and Vegeta are pretty much the only people that have actually expressed an interest in reviving at least one universe.

OP
OP
Xzeon

Xzeon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Don't single out Goku, none of them do. Everyone only cares only about their own universes. And even then, the vast majority of then both fight and act in a way where it feels like this isn't even a tournament for their survival to begin with.

Ironically, Goku and Vegeta are pretty much the only people that have actually expressed an interest in reviving at least one universe.

I guess so... It just feels like they took it to the extreme with Goku, its too much.

I don't think he even cares if his own universe goes.

But u did mention they talked about saving U6 so, I dunno, I guess only Saiyans matter to other Saiyans.

Mercurial

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Treating ki attacks like actual attacks that cause significant harm would be a good place to start.

bangai-o

Oct 27, 2017
I dont think the skill tree should allow Saiyans to go to Super Saiyan 4 and Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan. They are different paths. Has Goku even reached Super Saiyan God Super Sayan 3 yet? Is Super Saiyan 3 ever really exploited in DB Super?

Owari

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm in the middle of watching Super while also watching the current eps.

Goku really does not care if all the universes are erased. I know he's done dumb shit like let Frieza charge up to max power. Didn't he also give Cell a senzu bean? But Super... they turned Goku into a bad guy. Its funny they had "evil Goku" already but normal Goku is just as fucked up. He really don't care if 11 universes r just destroyed.

DBS Goku is a villain.

You could argue if he is actually evil, but the Tournament of Power has made him the main antagonist.

I know its sorta off topic but I just saw the Goku vs Bergano ep and now I kinda fucking hate Goku.
Zeno was going to destroy the universes anyway. All Goku did was make it so one universe will survive. He is not a bad guy, I suggest rewatching the series.

OP
OP
Xzeon

Xzeon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Zeno was going to destroy the universes anyway. All Goku did was make it so one universe will survive. He is not a bad guy, I suggest rewatching the series.

I'm only up to a certain point but Zeno completely forgot about the Tournament of Power until Goku personally reminded him.

None of this would be happening if Goku didn't push it.

Jindrax

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Super is good. But jeez it's all about goku. Nobody else is worth anything anymore.

Remember how in DBZ other characters actually served a purpose. Like when piccolo became the super Namek! Or when trunks was the strongest person in the world. Now it's just. Hey slap another colour on goku.

Owari

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm only up to a certain point but Zeno completely forgot about the Tournament of Power until Goku personally reminded him.

None of this would be happening if Goku didn't push it.
Zeno was ready to destroy all weaker universes until Goku gave him the idea for the tournament, to which universal survival is the prize. Zeno is the villain here. Not Goku. This is further detailed as this arc goes on.

OP
OP
Xzeon

Xzeon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I dont think the skill tree should allow Saiyans to go to Super Saiyan 4 and Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan. They are different paths. Has Goku even reached Super Saiyan God Super Sayan 3 yet? Is Super Saiyan 3 ever really exploited in DB Super?

SS3 hasn't done much in Super yet. Seeing SS3 Blue would be great.

SS4 should be a separate path yeah, or give it to the U6 Saiyans.

Super is good. But jeez it's all about goku. Nobody else is worth anything anymore.

Remember how in DBZ other characters actually served a purpose. Like when piccolo became the super Namek! Or when trunks was the strongest person in the world. Now it's just. Hey slap another colour on goku.

Yes. I would like the other characters to get stronger.

OP
OP
Xzeon

Xzeon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Zeno was ready to destroy all weaker universes until Goku gave him the idea for the tournament, to which universal survival is the prize. Zeno is the villain here. Not Goku. This is further detailed as this arc goes on.

Hmmm I see. I'm binge watching the subs, I must have missed it or misunderstood.