• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Slick Butter

Oct 25, 2017
Doom Eternal is getting a kind of invasion mechanic which has me excited. it would be cool if you basically got locked into one of the monster arenas with a normal player like an arena shooter duel, but I'm curious to see how their version plays out. Probably will feel more natural and balanced than what I suggest.

A Doom-like game with a big interconnected map in a similar vein as Souls would be cool too. keycards and skulls everywhere

Mentalist

Mar 14, 2019
Is OP insane?

I play single-player games to get away from real life, I don't need other players to remind me of it.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hell naw. I love souls games, but it's clear that it should be done in those titles or in ways that can be innovative. Not every cool feature fits with every game.

Kazooie

Jul 17, 2019
For future reference, the answer to "Should ever game have gameplay element X" is always no.

Please tell me, for instance, what would be the worth of an invasion system in Banjo-Kazooie or Picross?

QuinchoOsito

Oct 10, 2018
People are still replying to this seriously?? This thread is the ultimate proof that most people just read the thread title, skim the OP (if that), then post their reply without looking at any of the other replies.

Anyways OP you're a genius, don't let the nerds get you down

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
Yes.

There should have been invasions in Death Stranding where someone can come up to you and push you over.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
I cannot stand it in Souls so no. Seriously pissed how how I can't have a fucking pause button because FROM has to force in these tacked on multiplayer features. Co-op absolutely breaks the game too and I laugh that people argue its the equivalent of an easy mode. Its not.

FROM please let me pause the game and drop all that online bullshit at the door.

Cloud-Strife

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 27, 2019
This must be a troll thread.. did you ever think about that maybe not everyone likes that kind of system?

Nessus

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah sure, lets have griefing and always on online requirements in all single player games.

Foxashel

Banned
Jul 18, 2019
Absolutely. Those that lack Souls experience are truly novices who have tricked themselves into thinking they are legit gamers. By expanding one of the corest aspects of Souls into all games, "gamers" can become just that and therefore be able to rise up when the time is right.

Oct 25, 2017
No, I hate the invasion stuff l. If I was in the middle of something important in DS I would just force quit the game to drop the invader. I know it's poor sport but fuck off, the game is already difficult and I don't need some dipshit trolling me because they're assholes. Your fun shouldn't come at my expense.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck no, worst part of Souls games. I run towards bonfires and just kill myself so I don't have to deal with this bullshit.

Oct 27, 2017
Why would you think this would be appropriate to have in EVERY game or that people would think so? It works for Souls, but some people want to play single player games solely by themselves

Oct 25, 2017
Las Vegas
This thread:

e37.png

On this forum dude....

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
Winning a race in Gran Turismo, suddenly invaded by Blaspheming Sprinter who smashes into you. Going to marry your love in a visual novel, invaded by Unfaithful Madman who steals them. About to catch a touchdown pass in Madden, invaded by Tormented Interceptor, and so on. I can't see think of a genre or game that would NOT benefit from this.
No thank you, these all sound awful.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
Yes. It would take developers no time to implement. And its just an option; To invade someone or not.

Pata Hikari

Banned
Jan 15, 2018
Uh, no?

It works for Dark Souls because Dark Souls is trying for a specific tone and feel. Not to mention it's part of the risk-reward system the game's difficulty has. In order to summon allies you need to make yourself open to invading.

No thank you, these all sound awful.
I mean, they also sound hilarious but only in the context of a game built around such a thing.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
3 pages in and some of y'all are still deadass serious about this thread smh

I for one would love to have the Monstars invade my 2k game

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Imagine playing Minesweeper, you're playing an insanely large grid with tons of mines, and you're doing remarkably well, and all of a sudden someone hijacks your game and starts mashing every square and fucks your shit up.

It's like your computer was hacked.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Souls-style invasion is trash. Sorry.

I hate it and always turn off the online component. The few times I've used it, it leads to nothing but frustration.

Gwenori

Alt Account
Banned
Dec 6, 2019
you mean strand type online mechanics ? hell yeah every game in the next decade should have a strand system

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
imagine playing peggle and a rogue ball comes from nowhere, knocking your ball away from the last orange peg