• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gozu

Oct 27, 2017
America
Edit: upon re-reading. She might be a trump supporter. Well. I'm pretty shocked. I guess...people are multi-faceted? I want to believe she's just a bit brainwashed. Might still come to the light.

Swiped right. Late 20s engineer, cosplayer , plays video games, makes me laugh (!!) . We've spoken on the phone twice in two days for hours. But before that, here is part of our conversation on tinder that raised red flags after I told her I was an arab african . She asked if I was a citizen, I said yes. Here is what happened next:

NOTE: I've edited names and photos out for privacy.

NOTE2. Converted to text for easier quoting. her text is in bold.

It's hard to get citizenship. takes forever

in my case it lasted 7 year
should've been like the Mexicans who just step over the border.
Oh are you familiar with this? where are you from?
nah, was born here but i can empathize
Well you're better informed than the president himself
pretty impressive

So far so good! She knows citizenship takes forever.

America is great. President hate aside.
People don't realize how good they have it.
it really irks me.

How do we fix it?
A war maybe?
I think we should send off the haters and and accept the immigrants who might more appreciative.
That way they're not waiting 7 or so years, we just swap them :)

2 votes out of 2, the ayes have it!
Me and you can start deporting people from our own minirepublic

America is great, president hate aside? What does "president hate aside". Does it mean i hate the president but America is great? Ok, I agree with that. She makes a joke, i riff on it.

LOL
We'll totally ignore them
that's why i feel so passionate about illegals. it's not really fair for people like you who had to wait, huh?
Mean girls treatment
I say go provide for your family and god bless
No wife and children are worth more than others because they have more money in their bank account and can get a visa, which is how I got here legally. That's the only thing that separates me from them, money from my parents i didn't earn. the whole argument is bs imo unless we believe money rather than character determines worth.

Uh oh! She used the Illegal word instead of undocumented. I think the word "illegals" is poison originating from racism and people who want to make "them" sound like criminals.

yeah but you have to respect a country and its laws.
And the people with it, too.

Only after you cross the border
well yeah, i'm talking about illegals after all
before that they're not your laws
So when they cross it's total disrespect
But if you cross after you commit a single crime, you're deported. No 2nd chances.
And what about families trying to get here the right way?
it doesn't matter the broke the law the moment they crossed the border

So by now, I am certain she's a conservative. Not surprising considering she's a white woman from the south. She has also never traveled abroad. She lived a pretty sheltered life. She goes on vacation with her family, usually within the U.S. She went to a conservative university? What chance did she have, right? RIGHT? The deck was stacked against her, right guys?

I can't imagine she's openly racist since she's interested in my semitic African self. I also don't want to presume guilt so my question is: Do you think she can be "saved"? Maybe take her traveling outside the country so she can shed whatever crazy misconceptions and myths she has?

She's been great in every other way so far. Dog lover, romantic, god-tier flirt, geeky, funny. Please remember that.

Last edited:

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Nope. Not worth dating a diet racist/Trump supporter in hopes that they'll change their mind.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

This isn't worth your trouble.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I mean OP you haven't even been on one date with this girl and you're already talking about traveling outside the country with her just to get her to change her mind? You could try going on a date with her and see how she is but there's other people out there lmao

Massicot

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I didn't read past "president hate aside", to be honest. Not saying you have to hate the president but the framing of the comment is a big flag.

Funky Papa

Oct 28, 2017
Regardless of my opinion on her, posting entire conversations so nonchalantly is kind of a warning sign by itself. Just not in the way you probably imagined.

Addie

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
DFW
You literally wrote paragraphs about someone you haven't even met yet, politics aside.

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
She'll probably use every negative experience she'll have with you as stereotypes against an entire race when the relationship is over. I'm middle Eastern myself and tried to maintain relationships with racist friends but it always eventually comes out.

Rob

Oct 25, 2017
SATX
If there are warning signs that you are legitimately worried about now, I'd personally say just to end it before you fall more in love. In my last relationship, I ignored the early warning signs because I liked everything else about her; she was fun, we liked the same stuff, loved dogs, loved going out some nights and staying home others. But over time things got worse and worse, and more things manifested.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I suppose you could try a date or two and see if you can find out more about her.

A few more conversations isn't a big commitment or anything, and will probably help you decide if she's worth spending more time with.

amokk0

Oct 27, 2017
Personally I'd sleep with her but wouldn't date her. Later on when she's spouting off about minorities you can remind her that she's slept with one and you turned her down.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Man you knew it wasn't gonna work after you typed "warning flags" in the OP. You gotta dead that shit lol.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Asking this community for advice and posting screenshots from a personal chat is so odd to me. Date who you want. Or don't date who you want.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How about meeting her and not overthinking it? People often write things they dont mean like this. If you already like her there is nothing stopping you if she accepts you for you. Also both of you did a funny convo there.

Viewt

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
My worry, reading this, is that she's going to hurt you. That you'll become really invested, but that eventually, she will say/do something that will bring you crashing back to reality and realize that, yes, she is just another bigot. And you seem like a nice guy, so going through that would be shitty.

I dunno, only you can decide what you're willing to tolerate, and what makes a red flag a deal breaker. But I've seen these kinds of situations a lot, and it rarely ends well.

Good luck.

FireSafetyBear

Banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"It doesn't matter they broke the law"

Yeah nah

She pulling the "what about the people doing it the other way."

ShortNasty

Dec 15, 2017
Walk away. If you have to crowd source opinions at this early stage of knowing someone then you already know the correct path. Walk. The. Fuck. Away. Don't let her pollute your mind.

Oct 31, 2017
As someone who is in the last few months of a lease after foolishly hopping into a serious relationship with someone who 'seemed too good to be true' but also had several personal red flags show up early on in the relationship, my advice is to avoid, especially if the red flags you've mentioned are important to you.

A relationship where you have to double over to compromise your personal integrity and self is not a relationship worth being in, even if by many other metrics she seems like a good catch.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
I mean its YOUR choice, clearly you like her a lot.
but those are some bright red flags

Oct 27, 2017
This is a future breakup thread waiting to happen.

"Flags" shouldn't even be in your lexicon regarding a relationship.

There's always differences to overcome, but anything described as a "flag" is probably not negotiable.

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
Those would be deal breakers for me, OP, but that doesn't mean it needs to be one for you.

That all said, yeah, there's some diet racism going on there.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
You don't come across that good here either. I know you're joking but buddying up to deport people and supporting DACA especially at this point with all this negative news about ICE towards Dreamers, is not a good look. Like you said, you were bending over backwards to a racist. And plenty of racist girls want to date other races just for that exotic experience but would never introduce to their parents.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
It's tinder dude you don't have to marry her. I say go on an actually date before passing judgement.

Steve9842017

Nov 7, 2017
It's ultimately up to you, but there are far more girls out there who aren't racist/xenophobic/Trump supporters.

Oct 25, 2017
People actually use Tinder for dating?

Yes? It is the largest dating app in the US, is the largest dating app by a giant margin, and is the largest any internet dating has been ever. Viewing it as a hookup app is at least 5 years out of date.

You literally wrote paragraphs about someone you haven't even met yet, politics aside.

Yup. That's bad.

You shouldn't care this much, this early. Tinder and whatever else are about being able to meet a lot of people with little effort, to see who you click with and who you don't.

Rayne

Oct 25, 2017
OP you haven't even met her in person yet. Calm down.

That said I wouldn't even met her. Seems like a waste of time unless she's super hot and you wanna smash.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
If she's a fan of the current president and political climate and uses terms like 'illegals' (especially since you yourself are from another country), then I would bounce.

Ultima_5

Oct 25, 2017
I mean OP you haven't even been on one date with this girl and you're already talking about traveling outside the country with her just to get her to change her mind? You could try going on a date with her and see how she is but there's other people out there lmao
This. Settle down op.

Also those are the types of people online dating let's you avoid. Who cares if she dresses up like nerd stuff. She sounds like an asshole

Status
Not open for further replies.