• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This pearl clutching is frankly depressing and explains so much about why so many people on Era complain about not having friends. If everyone worried about the chance, however small, that someone they're engaging would be rather be left alone, we'd all be alone. Modern society is isolating enough, let's not shut ourselves in further.

You definitely hit the nail on the head.

OP
OP
StraySheep

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
So no reply yet, OP? Seeing as it's 5 in the morning right now in Germany (hello neighbor 🙋🏼‍♂️) and you placed the note earlier today (technically yesterday) I'd expect the owned would've said something already.

Yes I have a uneventful update: No response. I have returned to work and see the scooter there without a reply note on it.

The shitty part is I really fear that the note could have flown away in the wind and never been seen. So my only option at this point is to either try to leave one more in the near future in a way where it won't blow away or just hope that one day I will coincidentally walk out at the same time 🤷‍♂️

I'm just gonna chill for a bit and see what happens.

ItsOKAY

Jan 26, 2018
Frankfurt, Germany
Augsburg...OK. Hope you get to know more people soon. And yes, german ist really hard. I can say that..i am german. And for the scooter...just put a message on it...you have nothing to loose:)

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
I don't think you should write a second note, if they didn't respond because they didn't want to, then that's where it would start becoming creepy for them.
Maybe they also just weren't in the mood to respond yet.

Sad if the Story won't have a happy end, but at least you tried OP! Now you don't gotta live with the what if's and regrets.

OP
OP
StraySheep

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think you should write a second note, if they didn't respond because they didn't want to, then that's where it would start becoming creepy for them.
Maybe they also just weren't in the mood to respond yet.

Sad if the Story won't have a happy end, but at least you tried OP! Now you don't gotta live with the what if's and regrets.

Yeah that's why I hate that I don't know it didn't blow away in the end (it was flapping around as I walked away). But I think I side with you that I am not going to take the chance that it was seen and ignored and be annoying by writing something again.

Will resurrect thread if anything interesting happens!

Edit: And I appreciate all the support! Just wanted to point out that I'm not alone here or anything. I came to be with my girlfriend who I spend most of my time with, and I like all the people I work with and have a few people from the brief amount of time I spent in language school. Just would have been cool!

Last edited:

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
haha, not knowing if the note was blown away by the wind before being seen is the worst.

good attempt, OP, don't let this get ya down.