• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
Bit of a strange thread I know, but for awhile now I have kept seeing this scooter at my work area's parking place. Now I don't have that many friends in town - partially due to my painfully slow adoption of German - so it seems like it could be cool to give this guy my Twitter handle or something and send him a couple of mentions about Steins;Gate and see how it goes.

But here is the rub: do I trust someone who is so brazenly a Weeb that his scooter looks like this?

ko7CAiJ.jpg

What should I do? Has anyone else ever had an experience like this? If so how did it go?

Edit: Worth noting that it is a decent sized complex of different companies so it isn't like this guy works in my team lol.

Edit 2: Appreciate the enthusiasm but I'm not single!

Last edited:

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
Why would you not trust such a confident, fun and admirable person.

You should absolutely leave them a message with a compliment for their beautiful vehicle.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Just say El Psy Congroo and leave your twitter handle.

Hektor

Community Resettler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Deutschland
Post other examples of cool anime bikes
v7rF1nj.jpg

Tbh I think I'm gonna give my next motorcycle a weebjob as well

OP
OP
StraySheep

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
I say go for it. Worst case scenario, he thinks you're a weirdo and ignores you. Best case scenario, you make a new friend over a shared mutual interest. I'd say it's worth giving it a shot.

I guess the other worst case scenario is that he is the weirdo and I gave him some personal information of mine, which is the real reason I am asking in this thread. That and to show off this sweet scooter lol.

But a twitter handle isn't so bad.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Before I reply, please confirm he's not having a pic with Mayuri in the maid outfit on there.

Normal Germans would not enjoy you touching their vehicle and leaving paper on it, but this one seems like they want people to take note, so as a German and weeb, I say go for it, just make it as not-creepy as possible. (By which I mean, do not write three paragraphs full of Steins;Gate references just to one up a person that has literally their scooter decked out with that.)
You can also assume they speak perfect English, since that VN never got localized into German, so you should absolutely befriend them.

Edit: Ah, concerning them stealing your twitter handle, just put the note in an envelope so passersby can't glance at it, and address it to "the cool Steins;Gate fan that owns this scooter".

Buzzman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess the other worst case scenario is that he is the weirdo and I gave him some personal information of mine, which is the real reason I am asking in this thread. That and to show off this sweet scooter lol.

But a twitter handle isn't so bad.
Dude, you're the one considering sharing your info just because there's a picture you like on a vehicle. You're the weird one.
No offense, of course.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Dude, you're the one considering sharing your info just because there's a picture you like on a vehicle. You're the weird one.
No offense, of course.
He said he didn't have many friends in town, and cited a language barrier as contributing to that. I think it's only reasonable to want to at least try and reach out and find commonality with someone else, and this is as good an opportunity as any. That scooter is a loud scream that says "I'm passionate enough about this anime to have a damn scooter of it, so I won't mind if you try to talk to me about it".

Oct 27, 2017
I say go for it. Worst case scenario, he thinks you're a weirdo and ignores you. Best case scenario, you make a new friend over a shared mutual interest. I'd say it's worth giving it a shot.

Yeah, I agree with this. I have no knowledge of Steins:Gate but you might make a friend out of this. I met some people at a family barbecue the other day who were really into their MCU films (their dog is called Rhodey and has an Avengers collar) and I sat down and geeked out with them for a while talking about it. Would have liked to have talked more to be honest, but I had to chase my mischievous 2 year old around.

Gakidou

Oct 30, 2017
pip pip cheerio fish & chips
lol yeah just do it, just write a note like "hey i love your bike, @twitterhandle if ur bored and want to talk about anime" or something. Don't overthink it or write too much, set your expectations like they might never reply. Its easy to build up an imaginary scenario where they reach out and you become best of friends but if you act pushy or expecting something, that's when youll come off as creepy.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Yeah why not. Leave a compliment and put a social media handle on there as your contact

Buzzman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He said he didn't have many friends in town, and cited a language barrier as contributing to that. I think it's only reasonable to want to at least try and reach out and find commonality with someone else, and this is as good an opportunity as any. That scooter is a loud scream that says "I'm passionate enough about this anime to have a damn scooter of it, so I won't mind if you try to talk to me about it".
Hey I totally understand why you would do that. I'm only trying to calm his fears about him meeting some weirdo. odds are decent that they won't be any worse than him ;)

Go for it OP! I'm rooting for you to make some friends :)

Deleted member 5745

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Go for it. But don't blame us if he thinks you're from the Organization.

Edit: Or just leave him the red jello pic.

Steins%253BGate+10-3.jpg

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Write that you damaged his scooter and add you twitter handle and then hide and watch how he circles his scooters for hours without finding any damage.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Go for it OP - like, what can go wrong.
It's just a twitter handle. You can block them if they're a weirdo.

I go for a 10 mile run every other day, and along the way, there's this house that really looks like a Robot's face from a certain perspective, and looks even cuter when the blinds are closed (the Robot's sleeping <3) - and i always just wanna put a note in their mailbox complimenting them on their fantastically cute robot looking house.

So do what i cannot! Be the hero for those of us who'd like to leave super weird random notes of appreciation.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Anime decals on a vehicle aren't always a warning sign btw, StraySheep. You could be in the presence of a legend.

Yakuza-5-Kiryu-Taxi-Gameplay-Screen-Shot-122115-2.24-PM.png

OP gonna do it
OP
OP
StraySheep

StraySheep

Oct 26, 2017
Well this has been a fun thread! I will go ahead and do it and update ya'll if anything happens. In the meantime, please keep the references coming lol.

lol yeah just do it, just write a note like "hey i love your bike, @twitterhandle if ur bored and want to talk about anime" or something. Don't overthink it or write too much, set your expectations like they might never reply. Its easy to build up an imaginary scenario where they reach out and you become best of friends but if you act pushy or expecting something, that's when youll come off as creepy.

Yeah this was always as elaborate as it would have gotten haha.

Since its a mayuri vehicle OP should OBVIOUSLY leave a Tuturu as a message.

Or maybe Toot-turu?

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Say that you have come from the future using the time leap machine and you need him to save the future, put the twitter handle and end with el psy kongroo

Death Penalty

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
A friend of mine wears a Sailor Moon hoodie everywhere he goes and has a Sailor Moon tattoo and he's never seen even one episode of it.

Be careful OP.

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
Go for it. Worst case they (why do you think it's a guy btw?) think you are weird, best case you meet a new friend or maybe even the love of your life. :p

Word of advice though: There's a good chance the person doesn't have a Twitter account as it's not actually used a lot in Germany.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Go for it. Worst case they (why do you think it's a guy btw?) think you are weird, best case you meet a new friend or maybe even the love of your life. :p

This sounds like the setup for a Japanese dorama like Densha Otoko. Can't wait to see this thread turned into a TV series. :D

Keep us posted, OP. I'm tempted to subscribe to the thread, I'm so curious how things will develop. :)

Shoshi

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
The English name for Itasha should be Cringe-car
Super cool done scooter! The owner is certainly interested in new friends with interest alike!

GAMEPROFF

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
hey yo, how weird, I came along my Steins;Gate Scooter and there was a message with a twitter name on it... Should I message that person???