• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ferrs

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I expected a spider... I still wasn't ready for THAT. Please nuke your whole neightborhood OP.

Pharaun

Oct 27, 2017
Free it and set it outside. Spiders are your friend.

Unless you live in Australia, then I presume that spider was sent on an mission to assassinate you and you must interrogate it and discover who sent it.

It was the Drop Bears, the spiders always answer to the Drop Bears. Unless it was the 'Roos running a false flag operation. Yep OP, you definitely need to interrogate it and find out.

Chamaeleonx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To everyone saying 'Don't kill it!' -- You realize it's in a glue trap, right? If it isn't literally dead already, it's as good as dead.
Just carefully release it from it, should be possible. I believe a few pieces of ripped limbs grow back once they grow again.
Looks like one of these flower pot holders to me, the one where they deliver multiple of the plastic pots in.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
anigif_enhanced-9209-1418864418-19.gif

checking to make sure somebody posted this

200w.webp

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Just carefully release it from it, should be possible. I believe a few pieces of ripped limbs grow back once they grow again.
Looks like one of these flower pot holders to me, the one where they deliver multiple of the plastic pots in.

See the shiny substance in the bottom of it, pretty sure that's a glue trap. If it's anything like ones I have touched before, out of curiosity, there's no setting it free.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
You want to be creeped out imagine living in KY where those things shouldn't even be and find one in your shed. It had mice strung up in its web in the corner. It had to be someone pet that they just turned loose.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
Nuke the house, consecrate the land and then exorcise the land. Where are the kill it with fire gifs?
Holy shit, how did that beast get in? In which forsaken end of earth do you live for monstrosities like that to appear?

Serious answer, it will likely die if that's a glue trap.

Torpedo Vegas

Oct 27, 2017
Parts Unknown.
You want to be creeped out imagine living in KY where those things shouldn't even be and find one in your shed. It had mice strung up in its web in the corner. It had to be someone pet that they just turned loose.

Chamaeleonx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
See the shiny substance in the bottom of it, pretty sure that's a glue trap. If it's anything like ones I have touched before, out of curiosity, there's no getting in free.
Sure you can get it free as long as it isn't totally stuck. Might be painful but the ripped limbs should grow back if I remember correctly. You probably need some kind of knife or scissors or something, won't look good but sometimes you need to amputate a limb to continue living.

I love these gifs, there are so many with jumping spiders. =D

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
This is the type of evil that only a fire can cleanse.

:Serious answer: Don't kill it unless you have it, I have a lot of good karma built up with bugs as I have a mostly "no kill" policy. You want to get on their good side op.

OP
OP
FernandoRocker
Oct 25, 2017
México
I purchased this house less than 3 years ago. It's a nice neighborhood, very close to work. But the neighborhood is in the middle of a big empty plot of land.

drch3EO.jpg

My house is located in North Mexico (South Texas)... Texas is literally 10 minutes away from my house (I usually go a couple of times per week).

There is a lot of bugs here in my neighborhood. Lots of spiders, scorpions, hawks. I will post some more pictures.

Last edited:

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
It's a tarantula. Just leave it to it's business and it won't hurt you. It will probably end up eating all the annoying insects you don't want in your house. Maybe mice too, it looks pretty big.

Tarantulas are basically harmless, they are only going to attack you in self defense and that's like a last resort. They just want to get away from you.

Mitch

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stomp on it for good measure and then burn the glue trap. After that, burn down the house and all of your belongings. It's the only way to be sure.

OP
OP
FernandoRocker
Oct 25, 2017
México
So, this is the story.

I always wake up at 6:00 a.m. I went downstairs to drink some water. When I arrived to the kitchen, I turned on the ligths, and there it was. That big ass spider. I froze. The spider froze too. We literally stared at each other for a few seconds. I ran upstairs faster than Usain Bolt to wake up my wife (I didn't know what to do and needed her help), but when we returned downstairs, the spider was gone.

We set up a glue trap in a corner of the kitchen, and that was the result.

Now, keep in my mind that we have seen dozens of big spiders in this house before, but never a tarantula. We got scared. I know I shouldn't have killed her. Please forgive me, Spider-Era.

Last edited:

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
That's badass. I'd let it go and let it wreck the shit out of any other insects in the house. We always leave spiders alone because they are nature's insect eaters.

Chamaeleonx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Too all you humans saying cute spider you fucking traders!
I don't mind being a traitor. =P

So, this is the story.

I always wake up at 6:00 a.m. I went downstairs to drink some water. When I arrived to the kitchen, I turned on the ligths, and there it was. That big ass spider. I froze. The spider froze too. We literally stared at each other for a few seconds. I ran upstairs faster than Usain Bolt woke up my wife (I didn't know what to do and needed her help), but when we returned downstairs, the spider was gone.

We set up a glue trap in a corner of the kitchen, and that was the result.

Now, keep in my mind that we have seen dozens of big spiders in this house before, but never a tarantula. We got scared. I know I shouldn't have killed her. Please forgive me, Spider-Era.
Spider Era will never forgive you!
As others said, Tarantula's are mostly harmless, less venom than a bee.

Maybe you can still get her of the glue trap if she is still alive. =x
Its just such a good looking, big spider.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
but never a tarantula. We got scared.

Well next time just chill out and let it do it's business. They are your friends, it isn't going to attack you. You can just put your hand out and it will climb on it no problem usually. If they raise up their body and show their fangs, that's them being scared.

That tarantula was probably more terrified of you, and rightly so, you killed it. You monster.

Pixis

Oct 31, 2017
Looks quite like a particular breed of tarantula called aphonopelma chalcodes (the Arizona/Mexican blond tarantula) (FYI I used to keep tarantulas as pets).

They look big an intimidating but they are actually extremely docile; if you spook them they are more likely to flick hairs from their abdomen (which can be irritating to skin) rather than bite, and whilst a bite would hurt, their venom is effectively harmless to a human.

Best bet is to just trap them in the future and release them in any nearby jungled/dense areas and let them do their thing.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
I didn't need to see OP's last set of pictures.

I'd nope out of living in that area immediately.

Heck, the tarantula wouldn't bother me much...but some of those other spiders you posted are a huge NOPE.