• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Evan

Oct 27, 2017
I hate those traps, unethical trash. If you want something dead, treat your house or set up better traps.

I once peeled a mouse off of one from my work. Had to be as gently as possible not to tear his limbs off.

And yes, I'm over reacting due to my love of animals....

SpecX

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
rVt12br.gif

The first tarantula wasn't that big of a deal for me, but that collection of horror afterwards?
Nukes. Multiple.
Perfect reaction here. That first picture was pretty tame, the second round fucked me up.

OP
OP
FernandoRocker
Oct 25, 2017
México
Some more insects in my house:

A locust that lives in a basil plant (this is the one I hate the most. It always scares me and it is extremely big and fast):
fuciJjV.jpg

A cute Soldier Beetle:
bZMJEFy.jpg

Some big-ass stick insects:
ybkxwYm.jpg

pestul

Oct 25, 2017
I hate those traps, unethical trash. If you want something dead, treat your house or set up better traps.

I once peeled a mouse off of one from my work. Had to be as gently as possible not to tear his limbs off.

Yep. I just removed a mouse from one this morning. Well actually it was a moth sticky trap, but same principal. If you catch them early, you can get things off the traps very easily with cooking/vegetable oil. It dissolves the glue well. But yeah, use better traps. I didn't know my wife had placed a sticky trap down next to our dresser tbh.

I was thinking I might have to nuke my house from orbit with all the baby mice starting to appear in the last 2 days. The cat caught the first one.. I got the second and then the moth sticky trap this morning. All catch and release down into the graveyard.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FernandoRocker
Oct 25, 2017
México

Yep. I just removed a mouse from one this morning. Well actually it was a moth sticky trap, but same principal. If you catch them early, you can get things off the traps very easily with cooking/vegetable oil. It dissolves the oil well. But yeah, use better traps.

OK. Noted. Will not use glue traps anymore.

PixelParty

User requested permanent ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
For real though OP, what you need is to seal up your house better. Your door and/or window seals are probably not up to snuff and letting them get in. Or perhaps your air ventilation. Or if you spend a lot of time with just a screen door or security door open they will be able to get in.

My cat is the first line of defense against such critters. He gives zero fucks about scorpions, he will eat them like they are a tasty treat. I don't let him eat them, mind, but if he finds them before I do it's on. Same with spiders. Tarantulas he will bat at them but no attempts to actually eat them as of yet. I don't know what he would do with a snake, thankfully never had one in the house.

Not gonna lie, your house sounds terrifying lol

A few months ago I had to move about 40 feet of riprap. I only screamed 3 times! Haha.

What I cannot stand is centipedes.

Camel spiders are weird too, especially when they crawl up out of the drain in your bathroom while you are brushing your teeth.

Having said all that, I don't feel it is particularly dangerous here, you just have to be mindful. Don't stick your hand where you can't see, wear gloves, be careful moving stuff around outside/in your garage. Knock your shoes out before putting your feet in them.

I once lived in a rental place in California that had a serious brown recluse problem, that felt much more dangerous to me than anything where I live now.

And I don't have to deal with roof rats here. I willingly deal with scorpions over roof rats any day.

OP
OP
FernandoRocker
Oct 25, 2017
México
For real though OP, what you need is to seal up your house better. Your door and/or window seals are probably not up to snuff and letting them get in. Or perhaps your air ventilation. Or if you spend a lot of time with just a screen door or security door open they will be able to get in.

My cat is the first line of defense against such critters. He gives zero fucks about scorpions, he will eat them like they are a tasty treat. I don't let him eat them, mind, but if he finds them before I do it's on. Same with spiders. Tarantulas he will bat at them but no attempts to actually eat them as of yet. I don't know what he would do with a snake, thankfully never had one in the house.

A few months ago I had to move about 40 feet of riprap. I only screamed 3 times! Haha.

What I cannot stand is centipedes.

Camel spiders are weird too, especially when they crawl up out of the drain in your bathroom while you are brushing your teeth.

Having said all that, I don't feel it is particularly dangerous here, you just have to be mindful. Don't stick your hand where you can't see, wear gloves, be careful moving stuff around outside/in your garage. Knock your shoes out before putting your feet in them.

I once lived in a rental place in California that had a serious brown recluse problem, that felt much more dangerous to me than anything where I live now.

And I don't have to deal with roof rats here. I willingly deal with scorpions over roof rats any day.

Oh, right. We have seen a couple of centipedes too. They are very scary.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Huh. So I just found out certain tarantulas kick their hairs into the eyes and airways of their enemies.

So they basically mace you with a cloud of fuzzy irritating death. Wonderful.

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Goddammit why did I check this thread.

Just my headphone cable touching my knee makes me jump out of the chair.

Leynos

Oct 27, 2017
Aw, that poor tarantula, they are (mostly) harmless. So are camel spiders. They DO NOT HAVE VENOM. They may bite, but other than the pain, no real harm should come of it.

To people freaking out over a few pictures of mostly harmless bugs, you do realize that there are millions (billions?) of people that live in areas with similar densities of arthropods, and they are perfectly fine, right?

Only ones that I kill indiscriminately are mosquitoes, ticks, and other nasties that specifically seek us out.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Aww, tarantulas are great. The rest of those bugs though, considerably less so. Might want to hire on some spiders full time to clear the area for you...

LookAtMeGo

Oct 25, 2017
a parallel universe
Is it a natural response to want to scream and run when you see a spider like that because they can pose a threat?

Or is it social conditioning to hate spiders so much. When I was a kid I loved spiders. Then I saw arachnophobia and ever since then I've been terrified of them.

Most spiders I will just throw outside but if I saw a big one like that my primal defense instincts would kick in and I wpuld murder that thing to death.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
i love walking barefoot in my home

i would be too afraid to do so in OP's house

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
I bet the OP shaves with a machete each morning and rides his Harley Davidson to work as a bomb defusal expert.

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
Photo in the op wasn't bad. As much as I hate spiders (and other bugs and insects), tarantulas don't creep me out as much. But all the other pics op posted? Fuck that noise. No way I could deal with having that many large pests get in my house.

MicH

Oct 25, 2017
Did not expect to see a tarantula when I opened this thread. And you have camel spiders too?!

I have never been happier to live in Northern Europe.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Do they die due to the glue or oxygen or something?
Imagine having your feet stuck in glue, thrashing around then eventually falling to the ground due to exhaustion, lack of food/water, getting your face and arms stuck in glue and slowly dying alone. Sometimes you're lucky enough to be ripped away from said glue by your captor to have your skin torn off before being killed.