• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Assuming OP lives in Australia, haven't gotten confirmation in 50 posts.

Whenever I think Australia or New Zealand would be cool places to live, the universe rights my wrong headedness

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Cool spiders, and that moth is gorgeous.
The scorpions are the only things I'd be legitimately concerned about. As I'm sure you're already well aware, they'll squeeze themselves into just about anything they can and finding them in your shoes or clothes is usually a great way to get stung without any sort of warning.

Also is that first spider in a sticky trap? Because that's just a nightmarish way to die.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I would honestly rather sell the house and live in my car than have to deal with spiders and bugs that big.

Like, you could give me that house for free with no mortgage payments and I'd still turn it down.

Last edited:

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
I can't believe this thread is almost a year old, feels like I replied to it a few weeks ago.

I also can't believe OP lives in my country. Yikes.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
OH fuck I totally forgot about this thread. Dayum now I feel better about my lil orb weaver buddy. XD

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
If I lived in this house I'd probably be shuddering all the way from entrance door to bed, and then shudder some more during my sleep. Fuck's sake no way I'd be able to live there for a couple of hours, let alone spend the night.

Jakke_Koala

Sep 28, 2018
So, yeah... we caught this at home.

3VrRqct.jpg

EDIT: Some more pictures from other spiders and insects I have found in my house.

Some other insects I have found in my house.
F0ar4tl.jpg

ph3fHEq.jpg

WlPkpP8.jpg

sk3OiEZ.jpg
Z5uI2Ph.jpg

HQxw81p.jpg

JMKSE6n.jpg

We also have seen a couple of Camel Spiders.
8WSdDts.gif

We also have scorpions.
XD5LOEi.jpg

Ukeccyd.jpg

A locust that lives in a basil plant (this is the one I hate the most. It always scares me and it is extremely big and fast):
fuciJjV.jpg

A cute Soldier Beetle:
bZMJEFy.jpg

Some big-ass stick insects:
ybkxwYm.jpg

Well, at least this moth is beautiful.
CWWeU3W.jpg

This guy was on my dirty socks.
sk7s4YZ.jpg

Scorpions are the ones I'm truly truly scared.
z35v2YJ.jpg

First time I saw a spider like this.
O12jHFQ.jpg

Big ass spider (well, it was my neighbor's house but I took the picture).
SElWaln.jpg

Funny picture. They were having sex on my motorcycle.
c0NPutR.jpg
I read in another thread i should reply on the most pictures.
But honestly, wtf?? i would be terrified to put on my shoes every day

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
So, yeah... we caught this at home.

3VrRqct.jpg

EDIT: Some more pictures from other spiders and insects I have found in my house.

Some other insects I have found in my house.
F0ar4tl.jpg

ph3fHEq.jpg

WlPkpP8.jpg

sk3OiEZ.jpg
Z5uI2Ph.jpg

HQxw81p.jpg

JMKSE6n.jpg

We also have seen a couple of Camel Spiders.
8WSdDts.gif

We also have scorpions.
XD5LOEi.jpg

Ukeccyd.jpg

A locust that lives in a basil plant (this is the one I hate the most. It always scares me and it is extremely big and fast):
fuciJjV.jpg

A cute Soldier Beetle:
bZMJEFy.jpg

Some big-ass stick insects:
ybkxwYm.jpg

Well, at least this moth is beautiful.
CWWeU3W.jpg

This guy was on my dirty socks.
sk7s4YZ.jpg

Scorpions are the ones I'm truly truly scared.
z35v2YJ.jpg

First time I saw a spider like this.
O12jHFQ.jpg

Big ass spider (well, it was my neighbor's house but I took the picture).
SElWaln.jpg

Funny picture. They were having sex on my motorcycle.
c0NPutR.jpg

those pics, man....

8xTQUv.gif

djkimothy

Oct 27, 2017
Where do you live so I may avoid this at all cost. Do you not have a screen window or close your doors?

And what an ancient bump!

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
I see a mouse and I get a lil scared. If I lived where you were I'd be terrified to sleep, it's like half the things you posted would would kill a mouse with ease. Hell, cats, dogs and people too maybe lol.

Oct 25, 2017
I honestly didn't know tarantulas could actually just sneak into your house and they are these random spiders in the wild, is this actually OP's pet? is this a joke thread? Or he did actually find a random Tarantula at his place and this shit is a common occurrence in deserty climates?

For context, I live in the cold, Northern Hemisphere, tarantulas can't survive out here. we only see them at pet stores etc.

Random Fun Fact: if you slightly misspell the word 'Tarantula" Chrome will try to auto correct it to '"Transsexual"

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
What the FUCK kind of house of horrors do you live in???

Are you running an insect zoo or something?

I assume you live in Australia?

*shudder*

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
OP just needs to invest in something that will eat all those insects. A lizard or a chameleon or something?

AimLow

Dec 10, 2017
Tarantulas don't bother me, honestly. Now those thin, wiggly spiders like wolf spiders, and huntsmen on the other hand? Burn house, burn ashes, nuke from orbit.

OP
OP
FernandoRocker
Oct 25, 2017
México
So, let's say you had to come to my city for some reason, and you needed some shelter by some emergency, and all the hotels were full or something, and I, with my generous heart offered you a room for free... You wouldn't take it?

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
Ho-lee feck. I'm gonna have to move to Houston in the next few months from the cold, dry Midwest and I'm NOT looking forward to it at all.

But seriously, aren't those scorpions lethal to humans?

FaceHugger

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Venom wise, yes.

But they still have massive fangs that will hurt like hell if you get bit.

They'll also eject their abdomen hairs off into the air, which I hear is a terrible irritant that bothers a person for hours. It's best to just catch it in a container and gently place them outside (they're a lot more brittle than they look - they can be killed by simply throwing them or swatting them with a broom).

Chirotera

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Let's not get crazy. A regular surface level nuke ought to sort things out just as well. No need to position it into orbit!