• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you think Chief's story should end with Infinite?

• Yes

Votes: 147 28.9%
  • No

Votes: 173 34.0%
  • I think Halo is a pretty cool guy

Votes: 189 37.1%

• Total voters
Feb 10, 2018
I don't think the franchise is at a place to do that right now.

I want to see if The Coalition is able to pull off the transition to a new set of characters successfully. Both from a critical and sales perspective. I have real doubts that the masses care for Halo outside of Chief. Before some points to Reach, it came out at a totally different time off the back of Halo 3 and ODST. A time when the Halo name made Halo Wars the best selling game in its genre.

But why does gears 5 success effect your judgement of MC?
Gears has nothing to do with halo?

Jan 4, 2018
No.

However, they need to get rid of evil Cortana, Spartans-IV (aka FAKE Spartans) Prometheans, Fireteam Osiris (excepting Buck), Palmer and Roland ASAP before they do more damage to Halo. Bad/ruined/failed characters. They need to go.

Bring back the Prophets and the new Covenant empire (+ their army of engineers and the drones/brutes/hunters), make 343 Guilty Spark return, keep Atriox and the Banished, the Arbiter and the Swords of Sanghelios, Halsey, Blue Team, Red Team, Lord Hood, Cutter, add ONI (Hunt the Truth was so good) and we are good.

And if Installation 04C from Halo Wars 2 has a purpose in Infinite, I think we may see Mendicant Bias from Halo 2/3 which could be very interesting.

I don't know what to do about the Didact. The character is probably ruined after what happened in the comics anyway.

P.S. : the killing of Jul 'Madma by Locke and Halsey giving up about getting revenge on the UNSC are one of the greatest mistakes in Halo. A complete disaster. 343 finally made a good character and they killed him with no reason in the first mission of Halo 5, just after Escalation built an interesting setting for the future of Halo.

Last edited:

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
I don't really think they need to end his story. Plus they already have an excuse for not aging him (much). He's too iconic.

Jan 4, 2018
Yep, she's old news give me my Locke/Palmer game.

giphy.gif

monstar

Oct 25, 2017
Well there's no number bigger than infinity right? How could the series possibly continue after this one?

Kill3r7

Oct 25, 2017
But why does gears 5 success effect your judgement of MC?
Gears has nothing to do with halo?

To me Gears and Halo share similar customers. Thus, if Gears shows that people are willing to buy such a game then it makes it an easier gamble. My natural instinct is that Halo is MC and any other attempts are bound to fail.