• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
About two years ago I made a hreads about a similar topic. And with all the shit that has went down in these past two years I began to thinking about this very question. So I have a question for all you to ask. Should conservatives be allowed on era. And if so what role do they have on this site. It's funny while there's no rule against conservatives on this stie many of their ideology are simply not allowed here. And My take on that question is no. Conservatism is the enemy of freedom and liberty and should not be allowed here

subpar spatula

Refuses to Wash his Ass
Oct 26, 2017
Unless they don't do anything then it should be fine.

To state, though, there are no good right wing individuals in the world.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
I don't see the problem as long as they don't defend horrible people or positions, which would be difficult I think.

Deleted member 46489

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 7, 2018
For a non-american, would you care to elaborate what kind of views make a person conservative? Cause all I've heard about conservatives is that they're racist, sexist, transphobic, anti-LGBT and anti-abortion. But surely that can't be it. I'm guessing those qualities represent the conservative fringe rather than all conservatives. So would love to be educated about this.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Every thread / post on ERA is bait.
damn that's why everything taste so good nomnom

anyway people should check out the conservatism OT.

www.resetera.com

Conservative Era |OT| The flaming starts in five minutes

Hello, reader. This topic is for the discussion of conservative politics, theory and issues. Liberal, right wing or confused, everyone is welcome here. Like a powerful river, the principles of conservatism ebb away into many distributaries: fiscal, social, neo...paleo? But the commonality is a...

Deleted member 25600

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

www.resetera.com

Hello, reader. This topic is for the discussion of conservative politics, theory and issues. Liberal, right wing or confused, everyone is welcome here. Like a powerful river, the principles of conservatism ebb away into many distributaries: fiscal, social, neo...paleo? But the commonality is a...
I am amazed that this is a thing that exists.

rude

Oct 25, 2017

www.resetera.com

Like half of the people in there are permabanned.

Baladium

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Sleep Deprivation Zone

www.resetera.com

Last post: September 21st, 2018

lol

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I mean they're already getting insulted in every thread around here, I don't really think that any conservative would even enjoy being here.

But to answer your question, of course.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
What a silly thread and proposition... 🤔

Also, I'm very sure there's buttloads of conservatives on this very forum but they're wise enough not to engage in political discussions "revealing" their stance.
Like, to what gain? They'd either be dogpiled like crazy by other posters or banned.

While, at the same time, i'm quite sure many are perfectly valuable contributors to all kinds of threads and communities, both on Gaming and Etcetera side.
Like, you think sports threads are exclusively driven by progressive / left-leaning posters?

Deleted member 48434

Banned
Oct 8, 2018
Sydney
I'd say this is a really shit false-flagging thread, but you have like 17,000 posts.
As long as the rules are followed, anyone is allowed here.
I seem to faintly remember the existance of a few Trump supporters here who drew a ton of ire, but never got banned because they followed the rules.

Mekanos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 17, 2018
I just want to know where all the Trump voters are. I know they're on this forum but I never see them.

Mekanos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 17, 2018

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
The only conservatives that should be allowed are those that are trying to conserve the environment

Mehdren

Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Ignoring people you don't like doesn't make them disappear.

And the only way they're going to understand your point of view is by interacting with you.

I know it sometimes feels like you're talking to a brick wall but the alternative is leaving them ignorant.

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
isn't that what the gaming board is for?
Damn.

I don't have a problem personally arguing with conservatives, but I like that this place can be a relatively safe spot on the internet for others. I don't think that you need to write "no conservatives" into the TOS though. The rules that are there are good enough in most cases.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
An attitude this forum has that will never cease to astound me.

Opinion I don't like: Ban them entirely. No discourse, no discussion. That'll make them change their mind! That person is banned now, so they must be well on their way to becoming more progressive!

Unless someone is being outright hateful i.e. homophobic, racist, transphobic, there is no reason to disallow them. There are reasons to support conservatives governments that don't make you evil.

Patsy

Jun 7, 2019
Germany
Racists, homophobes, transphobes, misogynists and people who are ableist and anti-abortion shouldn't have a place anywhere. Same with people who tolerate people who are any of those. Of course they're sadly still allowed everywhere as you can't really forbid anyone from using a platform/website lmao, but they should also expect to get shit from people and get banned if they're actively being one/all of the above.

BADMAN

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So republicans are conservatives. hmmm. Will have to redefine "conservative".
The label has been almost fully co-opted by the republicans at this point. People who "fiscally conservative but socially liberal" are considered moderates now a days. Although if you ask me, "fiscally conservative" policies are still racist.

Shake Appeal

Oct 27, 2017
Yes. One, you can talk to them and sometimes, rarely, change their mind on important issues. Two, you can do big, swooping dunks on them. Win-win.

I am a centrist and call this bullshit.

But I guess the centrist position in the US is tainted.
It's more that the centrist position in the U.S. would be hard-right in other OECD countries because America's entire political understanding is tainted.

Status
Not open for further replies.