• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bioshocker

Oct 28, 2017
Sweden
I like zombies but I agree that they could try something new if they decide to go for a new game (RE8) and remakes simultaneously. The molded were rubbish, I hope they choose something different next time.

Oct 29, 2017
I'm still not over zombies. They are so much fun to take down. But I had to say that it doesn't really matter to me as long as they fit the story and lore. But I still like zombies... :D

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like zombies but I agree that they could try something new if they decide to go for a new game (RE8) and remakes simultaneously. The molded were rubbish, I hope they choose something different next time.

Low point for the game, and some of the worst enemies in the mainline games. The quality of the game took a nosedive when they were introduced.

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Put everything in it. Have some schmuck carrying a suitcase with every virus in it trip and release them all, creating a clusterfuck of zombies, ganados, leech men, giant insects, BOWs, and ghosts because why not.

Sleepwalker

Oct 29, 2017
Anything is better than the turd monsters of 7 so yeah, I'd be down with any of the previous games' zombie iterations.

JaxiPup

Dec 23, 2017
Massachusetts
1000% yes, though with the inclusion of other bio weapons. The g-mutants in the sewers we're a rad shift from the original spiders.
Humanoid monsters still kinda remain the spookiest for me, namely the Regenerator, which the plant bois in the lab reminded me heavily of. So I'd love to see some stuff along the regenerator/bandersnatch design. Crimson heads would also be rad if they return to a design similar to 7.

Dusk Golem

Local Horror Enthusiast
Oct 25, 2017
Dusk Golem Hi, there are recent rumors saying that RE8 will be out AFTER RE3 Remake, thats true? any info about that? My other question is, re8 or re3 are in development? at the same time??

I've promised not to say too much on REmake 3 for now, but RE8 is almost definitely going to be a next-gen title for what it's worth. RE8 and REmake 3 and one other unannounced RE project are in the works right now. While nothing is set in stone since things change in development and some of these are 2-3 years away, most likely (and if things go on schedule) there will be a new RE game in 2020, then in 2021, and then in 2022, but don't take this as word of gospel since a project that's three years away for example could experience any number of changes, delays, or being pushed forward in three years.

Capcom has formed a much better project pipeline recently, that much I can say clearly.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But we already have Lickers...
DID I STUTTER?!

On a more serious note, an enemy along the lines of The Thing would be very interesting, and what I mean by that is an enemy who you have no idea is infected and out to kill you. Have no idea how they would incorporate that. Actually, on second thought, that would make it a completely different game. I'm just speaking out loud!

Ponchito

Oct 28, 2017
Mexico City
While I really liked RE7 and thought the change to first person was brilliant, after playing REmake 2, Indefinsgely prefer third person, and as for the OP, definitely, zombies need to come back.

bad_carbs

Oct 25, 2017
I like the zombies in the RE2 remake. Being resilient and sometimes coming back make me take them a lot more seriously as a threat. With that said, I don't really mind if they decide to go with another zombie variation or whatever.

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hypothetically, The Molded can be whatever they want to be. They are like the perfect BOW.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Zombies need be the basic enemy. Got other monsters to mix it up with in addition to them.

Edit: Urgh, didn't realise this thread a bit old.

The Shape

Nov 7, 2017
Brazil
I don't really care what types of monsters we'll face. I just want them to be varied. The molded were all the same, there was a severe lack of variety in RE7.

Kaguya

Jun 19, 2018
I don't mind FPS RE, but RE as a whole should always go back to zombies for base level enemies.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes. And I'm sad it took them a decade to figure out that the best thing was basically the original formula, but just basically do it like RE2rm + a little more variety. Maybe add to the character's moveset a little and put in a little more enemy variety and we're good. No more FPP and no more molded.

Slai-Man

Oct 25, 2017
Not necessarily zombies but all i want them to do is to get rid of the cheap muddy enemies and make some effort in design and variety.

aerozombie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As long as it makes for a great horror game with tinges of action (instead of 6 and 7s action game with tinges of horror), I don't think they should box themselves in any other ways.

Basileus777

Oct 26, 2017
New Jersey
The Molded are boring and the Las Plagas are designed for action RE, not survival horror. Classic zombies work better than either of those for horror RE as the basic enemy unit.

With how utterly silly the RE Lore is, story as a reason they can't use zombies is unconvincing.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
I like what RE4 - 6 did with their enemies when dealing enough damage. Transforming into something tougher. RE6 was amazing with its enemy variety. Would have been awesome if in RE2make some of the zombies would transform into a Licker hybrid after a watermelon pop.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
I like what RE4 - 6 did with their enemies when dealing enough damage. Transforming into something tougher. RE6 was amazing with its enemy variety. Would have been awesome if in RE2make some of the zombies would transform into a Licker hybrid after a watermelon pop.

Indeed. I think zombies in RE2 are absolutely amazing, I'm still getting surprised by how well they work within the game framework. At the same time, it's reasonable to expect something different in RE8... so zombies that have more to them than just being zombies is an alternative. We already saw something like that with REmake (Crimson Heads), but there are a lot of possibilities.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
Some more ganado type enemies would be nice. Not the average ganado. The wolverine and regenerator ones where killing them is strategic.