• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Should the next fighting games from Capcom & Bandai Namco be exclusively next-gen or cross-gen?

• Next-Gen only, go all-in on the new hardware.

Votes: 220 66.3%
  • Cross-Gen release, reach out to as many people as possible.

Votes: 112 33.7%

• Total voters
Oct 27, 2017
Next Gen.

They are probably planning to make one game for the gen and build on it so they gotta make it look, run and play as best as possible years in advance.

OP
OP
Neoxon

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Next Gen.

They are probably planning to make one game for the gen and build on it so they gotta make it look, run and play as best as possible years in advance.
Another good point, these games are probably gonna be supported for most of the generation. Having to account for the PS4 & XB1 would be a huge bottleneck as time goes on. At least NRS isn't known for supporting their games for very long compared to the likes of Capcom & Bamco.

Buzzkiller_20

Oct 27, 2017
Next gen only. They should try and release within the first year or two and release new content every years until a new gen, then rinse and repeat.

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
But at the same time, SSDs as the standard could be a game-changer for fighting games, something that you wouldn't be able to rely on if you have to account for the previous generation. That plus the Jaguar CPUs of the PS4 & XB1 have aged like milk.

I dont particular care if the game pushes the technical capabilities of a system any more than Tekken 7 or SFV. Those games perform well enough.

I'd far prefer good art, a larger pool of players and a game that comes out in around launch. Its not even close in my kind.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't vote because I don't really care. Especially for Japanese devs, focus on the netcode and hire some devs to not launch a fighting game without a fucking 1V1 option online.