• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Turnabout Sisters

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
this is perfect but I also thought Super Wii was inevitable and oh god i'm getting flashbacks to the wii u reveal *cold sweat*

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
Super Virtual BoyCube Swiitch-U Entertainment System 64

A true successor to all Nintendo consoles, with the power of all of them duct taped together. Call me, Reggie.

Last edited:

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
No, i think they should abandon the idea of repeating names after the confusion the Wii U caused that really hurt them on launch.

AM_LIGHT

Oct 30, 2017
Sony has been the only company with logical branding. 1,2,3,4 and soon 5 . People underestimate how many buyers get confused by the naming but even the most ignorant people will realise this a new console if you add a number.
Switch 2 should be the safest option for big N.

Oct 27, 2017
No. Don't even risk it. Keep it super straight forward. It's a good brand thay explains itself in a single word.

Switch 2, 3, etc a la PlayStation works.

1080p screen, 8GB RAM, 1-2TF GPU and a foldable screen is all I want

Turnabout Sisters

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sony has been the only company with logical branding. 1,2,3,4 and soon 5 . People underestimate how many buyers get confused by the naming but even the most ignorant people will realise this a new console if you add a number.
Switch 2 should be the safest option for big N.
I do think Switch 2 has the biggest potential for success. I've heard enough stories over the years about how people's parents wouldn't buy them a Super Nintendo because they already had a Nintendo. I don't think that name is anywhere near as bad as Wii U but there's still room for confusion. The 2 makes it clear that you'll be missing something if you don't get it.

Smiles

Oct 27, 2017
Yes I want it now

Now you got Super Switch stuck in my head it can't be anything else unless it is Switch 64

Vire

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nope. The next version should just be called "Nintendo Switch." Phase out the old models, phase in the new. At some point, I expect all of the console manufacturers to stop renaming or applying numbers to the platform name and just have it be an evolving hardware platform.
That's not a good idea.

Then there's the same confusion from the mass market on why they should buy the new one.

New name signifies new changes

Status
Not open for further replies.