• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I just like that idea very much. It calls back the NES and SNES era when Nintendo was king, communicates that the new console is the successor to the previous one, and it sounds good. There are two other options: call it "Switch 2", which is very boring, or call it something else entirely. I think getting rid of the "Switch" brand would be crazy considering the mindshare the Switch currently has. Whatever Nintendo calls it, it needs "Switch" in its name.

nopressure

Oct 28, 2017
Super Wii was such a missed opportunity.

As long as it's not "Switch U", I think we're good.

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa
Nope. The next version should just be called "Nintendo Switch." Phase out the old models, phase in the new. At some point, I expect all of the console manufacturers to stop renaming or applying numbers to the platform name and just have it be an evolving hardware platform.

Night

Late to the party
Nov 1, 2017
Clearwater, FL
Nintendo.
Super Nintendo.
Nintendo 64.
Wii.
Wii U.
Switch.

Judging by their past, the next system will include the name Switch in it somewhere.

Shoichi

Jan 10, 2018
I'm thinking something like Switch Pro, or Switch 2 or maybe the "new" Switch.

I doubt we see an enhanced Switch at least for another year or two at minimum.

Check it out

Oct 25, 2017
Nope. The next version should just be called "Nintendo Switch." Phase out the old models, phase in the new. At some point, I expect all of the console manufacturers to stop renaming or applying numbers to the platform name and just have it be an evolving hardware platform.

This is what hurt them with the Wii U, people thought it was just the same console. I would imagine that they will always have clear iterations after that.

{Marvelous}

Jan 2, 2018
I don't even own a Switch and I find myself regularly brainstorming potential names for a followup, I've yet to think of one that doesn't sound like garbage.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I get why you think that would be cool, but "Switch 2" would cause the least amount of confusion.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You might run into a Wii U situation but if they have the power to prevent that mistake then sure. Better than Switch 2 (although Switch 2 is safer).

Kalte

Nov 25, 2017
Switch -> Super Switch (sst) -> Super Switch 2 (sst2) -> Super Switch 3 (sst3) -> Super Switch U (ssu) -> Super Switch U Super Switch (ssuss) -> U-ltra Switch.

*toriyama intensifies*

Status
Not open for further replies.