• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can't watch atm. Did they ether him over Jontrob?

lol no they said to subscribe to him

These last two videos seem like they also have half the effort that the earlier videos did. I originally got into watching them for the funny songs and positivity but ever since their twitch streams became a larger part of the videos its become less interesting

pikachief

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
My favorite video so far. Mirrors my wife and I's experiences and is hilarious!

Aaaand NakeyJakey shout out at the end.

They just earned an unsubscribe from me. Screw that.

I recently began getting that vibe from them anyways, but few YouTubers walk back from things like this.

Their videos have been slowly getting lesser quality regardless, so this isn't as hard as it would've once been.

The Doctor

Jan 17, 2018
lol no they said to subscribe to him

These last two videos seem like they also have half the effort that the earlier videos did. I originally got into watching them for the funny songs and positivity but ever since their twitch streams became a larger part of the videos its become less interesting
This post gave me the courage to say what I've been thinking about this channel for the last month or so: it sucks. It's okay if you people enjoy it but I can't help to feel like it doesn't deserve a thread in here every time they upload a new video. I'm sorry to be so cynical and bitter, I'm just speaking my mind in here and I can't really find anything funny or informative about this channel.

This post gave me the courage to say what I've been thinking about this channel for the last month or so: it sucks. It's okay if you people enjoy it but I can't help to feel like it doesn't deserve a thread in here every time they upload a new video. I'm sorry to be so cynical and bitter, I'm just speaking my mind in here and I can't really find anything funny or informative about this channel.

The initial content was a new and unique idea for a YouTube channel. The early content is quality, carefree fun.

Different tastes and all that, it's fine if it didn't appeal to you.

Then they got tons of subs. Then they started alluding to scum like PDP, Boogie, and NakeyJakey.

It's becoming clear that there's something equally scummy happening with this channel.

It's time to unsubscribe.

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
Oh I watched this and thought they managed to not signal boost alt right fuckwits again. And apparently this Jakey dude is one too? FFS

foxuzamaki

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh I watched this and thought they managed to not signal boost alt right fuckwits again. And apparently this Jakey dude is one too? FFS
Not really, jakey took a pic with him and jontron, jontron isnt great at all but thats the worse it got with jakey, Jake hasent done anything like scream "nigger" or anything like that, but it was super disappointing he took that pic with jontron, whether he knew about his controversy or not

Justified

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
I cant remember who said it in the last thread for this channel, but they were right in saying too much is adding up....

No way Youtubers at any level does not know about the controversy that surrounds some of these other youtubers, and should know that shouting out, taking pictures, etc are basically endorsements in the Youtube/Streaming world

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It feels like more than half of gaming youtuber are either Alt-righters or they signal bosst Alt-righters.

Is like a damn plague.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I cant remember who said it in the last thread for this channel, but they were right in saying too much is adding up....
It was me, and I also said they would only get worse over time. They are carefully pandering to the altright with whistles and nods here and there.

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow that Skyrim gag was one the best ones I've ever seen. Never saw it coming.

Loved this video.

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
The initial content was a new and unique idea for a YouTube channel. The early content is quality, carefree fun.

Then they got tons of subs. Then they started alluding to scum like PDP, Boogie, and NakeyJakey.

It's becoming clear that there's something equally scummy happening with this channel.

I doubt they're alt right (although "hol' up a minute" always made me a bit uncomfortable); just ignorant. Feels like Lindsey Lohan being befriended by mean girls. But if they keep doing this, they're going to need to put out a "we're not alt right" video before too long.

I just hope they're getting enough feedback about this that they know what's up after the fact, and choose to be a bit more careful in the future.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Aaaand NakeyJakey shout out at the end.

They just earned an unsubscribe from me. Screw that.

I recently began getting that vibe from them anyways, but few YouTubers walk back from things like this.
Yeah, I stopped watching after she started whistling at people like Dunkey and Boogie. It's a shame, but there's so many freaking YouTubers these days that there's always somebody positive to watch instead.

Justified

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
They mentioned a guy who knows a guy who is racist.

just "knows" him huh? Thats a bit disingenuous

D8-HB3-Pd-W4-AI43c-B.jpg

Kakihara

Nov 10, 2017
Mhm don't won't to stop the fun, but is it normal on resetera that for every new video of a youtuber, there's a new thread? Wouldn't it be better to have a own ot?

Justified

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
Mhm don't won't to stop the fun, but is it normal on resetera that for every new video of a youtuber, there's a new thread? Wouldn't it be better to have a own ot?

At this point yes,

They clearly still have their fans and thats cool, but seems best to keep them in their own OT for those who want to support even if their "questionable" behavior keeps adding up. Otherwise every new post dedicate to them be very polarizing and off topic

Last edited:

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Banned
May 25, 2018

This must be a troll post.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I doubt they're alt right (although "hol' up a minute" always made me a bit uncomfortable); just ignorant. Feels like Lindsey Lohan being befriended by mean girls. But if they keep doing this, they're going to need to put out a "we're not alt right" video before too long.

I just hope they're getting enough feedback about this that they know what's up after the fact, and choose to be a bit more careful in the future.
I think this is 100% the case.

It's a shame because they're well made videos and often entertaining but too many little things are adding up and I think they're too far down the problematic rabbit hole to come back. No way they speak out against pewdiepie and the like at this point.

I do hope for this, too. I think the channel could be fun and valuable for couples who play video games together.

Unfortunately, they've helped Boogie with Twitch streaming, made allusions to PDP, and now this very direct shout out to NakeyJakey - who, obviously, seems to have some odd tendencies as well.

Regardless, few people actually seem to care about any of this, as we can already see, and their subscriptions will continue to grow.

Seeing as they are two popular white YouTubers, I'm afraid the onus is on them to prove they're not what I suspect they are.

Deleted member 17952

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nice fun video, the Huck Finn bit at the start was funny.

Seems like anyone who's not on the Left is an Alt-Right on Era.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Banned
May 25, 2018
Can you explain to me why it should be?

Im sick of it.

Sick of complacency. Sick of excuses.
There's enough questionable shout outs in their videos by now where I have had enough of it.

Using scum youtubers to improve your YouTube or Reddit cred is gross.
Idk you're demanding action without any evidence. I thought it was funny.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Wait, what?

OldDirtyGamer

Apr 14, 2019
Could have they at least made him a little more interesting visually then? Guy is blander than white bread.
Can you explain to me why it should be?

Im sick of it.

Sick of complacency. Sick of excuses.
There's enough questionable shout outs in their videos by now where I have had enough of it.

Using scum youtubers to improve your YouTube or Reddit cred is gross.
What did this jakey guy do again?

Kopite

Oct 28, 2017
When she does it, it sounds a little bit like she's doing a caricature of a vaguely Hispanic accent to me. More so in the early videos - I think the first is Witcher 3.
There's a lot of genuine criticism that could be levelled here but this is really really reaching

Justified

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
What did this jakey guy do again?

Literally embrace an unapologetic racist, after it was quite known that he was one, all the while our community as gamers are trying to make sure they are not supported or have a voice/platform that we support for them.

The embrace signals that he is on the opposite side or at the very least supports him, no other way to see it

Aske

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Canadia
There's a lot of genuine criticism that could be levelled here but this is really really reaching

Yeah, I'm listening to the Witcher 3 video again, and it's not so bad. My initial impression was that it was just like watching a stand-up who's probably not racist but is super out of touch dropping a slightly problematic accent, but Shelby's is more muddled than most of those.