• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

tokkun

Oct 27, 2017
aren't deer like the rats of wildlife? Like that's the reason why they're hunted so much?

hunt them and burn the bodies

.....also thank god I don't eat deer meat

Not really. People mostly hunt deer for sport, not because they are pests.

It is true that some hunting is necessary these days. Humans displaced or eliminated most of the apex predators that would otherwise be hunting deer (wolves, mountain lions, etc). Deer do not self-regulate their population sizes based on the available resources, so without hunting they will overpopulate until they start starving to death. However there are generally enough sport hunters to keep the population in check without needing to go beyond that.

Gakidou

Oct 30, 2017
pip pip cheerio fish & chips
Feel like its a bit cold to say shit like ITS NATURES REVENGE
Those deer are the ones suffering :\
It's not you vs the animals. They aren't "zombies" they're sick creatures.

Anyway I grew up with the UK BSE scare, and one that was even more impactful where I lived was foot & mouth disease. It wasn't a big threat to humans in the end but it absolutely devastated the domestic livestock population, they were culling literally millions of livestock and burning them all in massive pits to try and curb the spread. They'd put down hay soaked in disinfectant across country roads to stop it transmitting on tires and everyone had to wash their shoes when they came in to school.
I would recommend just avoiding venison for a while, or you could import it from a non affected country if that's an option. But most importantly try not to be a carrier like don't go from farm to farm without washing your shoes and your car tyres, wash your hands before and after petting animals, etc. And keep animals from rooting around your trash too! A lot of these diseases allegedly started from livestock being fed garbage tier food that actually contained traces of rancid import meat which transmitted diseases.

Nov 26, 2018
I just treat the situation like Mad Cow back in the early 00s. Don't eat venison until things are better understood/in control

sgtnosboss

Nov 9, 2017
I wish it was considered a bigger deal too OP, I am sure it will once it becomes a problem in humans, and maybe not even till a lot of cases. They have been talking about it showing up in my area too and I know a LOT of people who hunt and eat Deer around me. I am glad I don't though lol.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
In the end the deer will get their revenge on us for all of the huntings and hitting with cars. Scary stuff.
The drive-bys are not really our fault. Stupid assholes just derp out in the road for no reason. At that point it's survival of the fittest. Makes their species stronger whenever one of the idiots gets merked.

Angry Grimace

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why that Stephen King line bugs me so much because he is alive and wrote a novel about infectious diseases already

Graven

Oct 30, 2018
Oh deer.

@edit

Saw the video, really felt sorry for them, sometimes i do forget that wild animals actually deal with sickness too.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Zombie deer, you say?

Cwjyv7Y.gif