• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Almyn

Oct 26, 2017
N-Ireland
I was hoping for King of cards earlier than that, But lots to get through in the mean time. I might rebuy it on switch if they release a physical edition In Europe.

KoopaSwitch

Banned
Jan 17, 2018
Wow. Seems like a pretty big delay (yes yes, no previously announced hard date....but still). I've had those Amiibo pre-ordered forever ago.

kadotsu

Oct 25, 2017
Visual representation of the gold master commit in 2019 at the Yacht Club Games offices.

cpuNvpO.gif

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
Crazy that it'll be over six years since the Kickstarter began when everything will be done.

Yacht Club constantly over-delivers, so I'm not complaining.

I am looking forward to seeing their projects after Shovel Knight though.

Lelouch0612

Oct 25, 2017
Q4 and Q1 are indeed packed so maybe they didn't want to be overshadowed by the number of big AAA releases ?

LegendofLex

Nov 20, 2017
Whew, glad I won't have to buy the physical version in 2018 with all the stuff getting announced every other week.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What...the...fuck?

This release date would make more sense if it was the release date for Super Shovel Knight. You know, the 16-bit Shovel Knight sequel that I've seen in my dreams.

moose84

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As much as I enjoyed Specter of Torment, I wish they'd never done any stretch goals. We could have had two full fledged sequels by now.

tomofthepops

Oct 27, 2017
All these dlc's was all promised on their kickstarter right ? I bet they're kicking (heh) themselves over that decision. A shovel knight sequel would do big business, hopefully they've slowly been working on one in the background.

OP
OP

Take5GiantSteps

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
All these dlc's was all promised on their kickstarter right ? I bet they're kicking (heh) themselves over that decision. A shovel knight sequel would do big business, hopefully they've slowly been working on one in the background.

They have sold over two million copies and the game has never been on sale for more than 33% off. In addition, they raised the price from $15 to $25 last year when they switched to the Treasure Trove package.

It seems like they're doing alright.

That's neat that there's going to be a physical version of the game for Switch, but for PS4 it seems kinda unnecessary since the original game was already released on that system. So you could just get the vanilla game and then download all the free DLC.

Physical copies of the original version dried up awhile ago so you'd have to be lucky or purchase pre-owned.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
That's neat that there's going to be a physical version of the game for Switch, but for PS4 it seems kinda unnecessary since the original game was already released on that system. So you could just get the vanilla game and then download all the free DLC.

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
What...the...fuck?

This release date would make more sense if it was the release date for Super Shovel Knight. You know, the 16-bit Shovel Knight sequel that I've seen in my dreams.

Ha thats exactly what i imagined as well.

This would then be followed thats followed my Shovel Knight 64 - his first venture into 3D

Actually, hang on - whats the time between Super Mario Bros and Super Mario World?

Imagine if they hit exactly the same timings

i...i need to sit down

superNESjoe

Developer at Limited Run Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Jeez that is a huge wait! I thought the last thing they said was that there would be a shorter time between Torment and Cards than there was between Plague and Torment?

Like...ok...Shovel Knight is legit one of my favorite games of all time. I play through it probably once a month at least, but the longer it takes to get these updates out the longer it takes for them to actually make a new game. It's been over 4 years and as much as I love the DLC campaigns, I would like to play a Shovel Knight game where I'm actually Shovel Knight again.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The bad news is that this does indeed feel super far off.

But the good news is that I'll just grab dat physical next April, which is guilt free for my wallet compared to how much I wanna get over the next few months lol.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine if every knight got a campaign. We'd be here untill 2025 with the PS6, X3 and Nintendo Flip

eseqko

Oct 27, 2017
I hope this is it for Shovel Knight. As much as I love the game, I'd also love to see what Yacht Club Games has planned next that isn't Shovel Knight.

randomlee26

Oct 27, 2017
I mean.... does this game sell well enough to sustain Yacht Club through all this free DLC? I know they upped the price of the game and sell the other campaigns separately, but whoa. Either way, I'm psyched for the new content and amiibo.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
so after april 2019 they'll have delivered on all the kickstarter promises right? props to them for that

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
That's further away than I was expecting. I hope this is it for Shovel Knight because while the expansions are great, I want to see Yacht Club work on something completely new.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Sweet,!!!! I think April might be a great choice. Can't think of any competition yet off the top of my head .

Nakenorm

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Welp.
That's pretty far away, but whatever, there's plenty of stuff to play in the meantime. Really excited to see whatever they do next.

Bring on Shovel Knight 2!

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Damn, I thought it was supposed to come this fall. That's a long wait. The game was released in 2014 and has expansions coming out in 2019. That's when you know you gave too many stretch goals. I'll enjoy the free content when it comes out, but I would have rather had a proper sequel by now. I guess that gives me time to go back and beat Plague of Shadows, the one I gave up on because of the difficulty mastering the controls.

Last edited:

Deleted member 3017

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mean.... does this game sell well enough to sustain Yacht Club through all this free DLC? I know they upped the price of the game and sell the other campaigns separately, but whoa. Either way, I'm psyched for the new content and amiibo.

Probably. They rarely sell the game at a discount, it's moved over two million copies, they sell merchandise, and they even have an Amiibo line. I'm sure they're gonna' be fine.

Deleted member 8593

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Gotta love the dedication of these dudes to still bring quality content to the game.

I hope their next game after Shovel Knight isn't too far off.