• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
Looks good. Any word on how long it is? Trying to cram a bunch of games in this month lol

Moltres006

Banned
Jan 5, 2019
Rank the other 3 campaigns:
For me its Plague of Shadows > Specter of torment > shovel knight

Noriea

Nov 8, 2017
More importantly, this means the amiibo 3-pack I ordered in 2017 is finally being delivered. :)

LNjAvl8.jpg

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Rank the other 3 campaigns:
For me its Plague of Shadows > Specter of torment > shovel knight

I agree with this order I think

I bounced off Plague the first time I played it as well. I only tried to again in preparation for Specter

I'm guttered this won't be ready for Wii U tomorrow in the EU

I got the physical version on Wii U back in 2015 so it's the version I want to play. I will pick the game up on PS3/4/Vita when it goes on a decent sale though

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Can't wait, as a backer it feels so weird to think the game is finally finished! It's been so long!

Now i really want to see their future game and what they can accomplish!

Bog

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Remember the Mega Man/Uncle Scrooge-inspired character you loved playing as? Here's 5 years worth of indistinguishable updates that don't contain him.

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
Can please help me out here??

I bought Shovel Knight for 3DS many years ago.

Whenever a new campaign would come out, I got it for free, both spectre of torments and the other one I can't remember the name off.

Is this still free????? I googled but no answer.

daripad

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Can please help me out here??

I bought Shovel Knight for 3DS many years ago.

Whenever a new campaign would come out, I got it for free, both spectre of torments and the other one I can't remember the name off.

Is this still free????? I googled but no answer.
It is, but I believe they will come at a later date in your region

Oct 25, 2017
I still can't believe what Shovel Knight evolved into. Paying for one game and receiving five games.
It is in my top ten games ever list already and now I have two more full games to dive into. I reallycan't believe it.
Been waiting a long time to play these ❤️

Nov 8, 2017
Been looking forward to this, perfect timing for the holidays. It was around this time 2 years ago that I played through the rest of the Shovel Knight campaigns, the first indie game I played on Switch. Sooooo good!

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I bought treasure trove but never played it yet. It included these 2 new add on coming today ? What time ?

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
May put aside the finishing touches of my Hollow Knight playthrough to try this. It's been a long time since I've played some Shovel Knight.

x.f

Nov 1, 2017
Man, I need to actually play the base game / treasure trove. I got upgraded to Treasure Trove awhile ago and the pile of new games just never stops. I think the hype around this new release will finally get me to go through all of the first game.

kyo2004

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bogotá D.C.
I hate Amazon so much for fucking up my preorder...

The 3-pack Amiibo has shipped but the game they not so sure when they gonna be available to ship... :/

David Sr.

Banned
Feb 27, 2018
Could someone say in spoiler tags how many regular levels (not counting bonus levels, villages and so) does this campaign have?

retrobotjr

Jan 10, 2018
My Xbox One version just updated. Let's do this!
Dang, just checked Switch and PS4 and neither has it yet. Have fun!

EDIT: Actually just remembered that Nintendo has an Indie Direct starting in 20 minutes, so maybe it's scheduled to go up around then so they can say "Available now!" during the Direct?

o Tesseract

Oct 28, 2017
My amiibo just showed up and they're wonderful. Love this franchise so much.

Can't wait to play the expansion tonight.

broflap

Oct 25, 2017
I saw a reddit post about the price going up once Treasure Trove it got updated. Managed to snag it this morning before work lol can't wait to play all 5 games for the first time

OP
OP
Robin64

Robin64

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
England
Checked for an update on my European Switch and it's live. New icon, too!

(Also Just Shapes and Beats had its update to add Shovel Knight music)

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
Been playing for a bit more than one hour on Switch, and it's fantastic I love it!
I suck at Joustus though but I defeated the Black Knight after several attempt, I saw some cheat to buy but didn't get one so far.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I have a really poor handle on Joustus, I guess I'm no good at card games. It's too bad you lose cards when you actually lose, doesn't make me want to play this minigame much. In general I wish they had deleted the soulslike aspect of losing shit when you die. Otherwise I'm enjoying it so far, it really feels like a different game.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I have a really poor handle on Joustus, I guess I'm no good at card games. It's too bad you lose cards when you actually lose, doesn't make me want to play this minigame much. In general I wish they had deleted the soulslike aspect of losing shit when you die. Otherwise I'm enjoying it so far, it really feels like a different game.
Yeah, losing cards is the last thing anyone needs to take from Triple Triad.

Other than that though, its fantastic. Hope to 100% it.

I live for card battle minigames.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah +1 here for wondering if the card game is completely optional or not.

I've tried a few games of Joustus and can't get my head around it yet, but between losing cards for losing matches, and the implied descriptions of battling some bosses by card games makes me wary if this optional or mandatory at certain points.

1upsuper

Jan 30, 2018
I played Shovel Knight when it first came out and I thought it was pretty mediocre. Never bothered with the DLC, but I've heard several people say the DLC campaigns outclass the original, so maybe I should revisit the game.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Yeah I think I might steer clear of Joustus where possible. It's fun when you get the hang of it but I'm losing too many good cards to Black Knight and I just can't really get a handle on it.