• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
kingLogoBlack-630x451.png

Game is complete and will be releasing soon!

Amiibo 3 pack compatible with all games

Treasure Trove out Dec. 2019

• Developer: Yacht Club Games; Based in Marina del Rey, California
  • Platforms: Nintendo Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo Switch, Sony PS3, Sony PS4, Sony Vita, Xbox One, PC, Mac, Linux, Amazon FireTV
  • Release Date: TBD
  • Price: $9.99 or available as a free update with Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove
  • Languages: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese-Brazil, Russian, Japanese
  • ESRB: E for everyone, USK 6+, PEGI 7, OFLC PG
  • Press Contact: [email protected]
  • Social: Kickstarter, Twitter, Facebook, Twitch, YouTube

Last edited:

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
Looks great from where I'm sitting. Not sure what to make of the apparent tile puzzle gameplay though.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
As I said in the other thread, I generally don't buy games twice, but I might have to supplement my Wii U copy of this with a Switch copy just for collector's sake. (Though I doubt I'll unseal it.)

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
Is this the last expansion/content that Shovel Knight is getting? I played the vanilla version on Wii U when it came out years ago but nothing that came afterwards.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Not giving the date in December has been slightly worried

I'm gonna be playing the Wii U version and they took an age to get the EU Wii U version updated for the last DLC

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
December is so far away, I don't really mind the 8 months delay but it would have been nice to get it separately from the battle mode (which was causing development issues)

Pirateluigi

Oct 27, 2017
That looks great. I've been doubtful about this one because King Knight is the knight I think is least interesting, but it looks like I may have been wrong!

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So, they're relaunching Treasure Trove with all content on the game card?

Deleted member 31923

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Wow, looks good. I bought Shovel Knight for the Wii U back in 2014. Never thought I would still be playing it and the Wii U all the way into 2019 and 2020.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
looks great. it's really crazy how far this simple kickstarter project has come, and how much they've supported this game.

Apr 9, 2019
Oh my God that's so charming... Love it!

Music's quite different compared to the previous Shovel Knight games though. Is Jay Kaufman returning as a composer? If so it's nice to hear him stretch his legs with a different sound. He's a master of chiptunes though, so I'm in for more of that as well =D .

Hieroph

Oct 28, 2017
Full Treasure Trove physically, nice. Never would have thought it would take this long to complete, lol.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Per Q&A:

Shovel Knight Showdown will NOT have online play.

King of Cards will still be released on Wii U, 3DS, PS3, and Vita even though they're older consoles.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So if I buy Treasure Trove today, I'll get King of Cards/Showdown when they release for free?

Man Shovel Knight just keeps on giving.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Is this the final, complete edition? I only got shovel knight at launch, and haven't plowed/got confused by all the other releases.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Treasure Trove is just so much value.. amazing games, and this looks stellar as well.

Rarely do kickstarters deliver as much on promises as Shovel Knight has.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Also, for Showdown, the Versus mode, a new character has been announced: Mona, the Alchemist most prominently featured in Plague Knight's campaign.

The trailer also had teases for these characters being playable:
All of the Travelling Wanderers - Mr. Hat, Phantom Striker, Reize, The Baz and Liquid Samurai enemies.

OwensboroEsq

Oct 25, 2017
Soon isn't soon enough! I need it now!

Man, I can't wait to get my hands on this. Loved the original, Plague Knight, and Specter Knight campaigns. Might have to re-play through them again after beating King Knight's campaign.

G_Shumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Cleveland, OH
Per Q&A:

The physical version of Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove will NOT include an instruction manual. (There previously was a manual with the first physical version.)

Deleted member 29682

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
If the past couple of expansions were any indication, I can't wait to genuinely care about King Knight's wellbeing.