• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Gimpy

Oct 26, 2017
Always love threads like this because there is always a couple of people out there who just have some absolutely insane games bunker or home basement arcade, and it's like getting a glimpse into heaven. Anybody else out there put particular care into how their games are displayed, or setting up a gaming area for themselves?

I'm pretty pleased with how mine is looking so far - by now means the biggest, or full of the rarest games, but I think it looks cool and I have a few pretty cool things - no idea why they've come out so large, so I put the pics in spoilers - I can post some closer pics of anything if people are that interested. Pride of my collection is my MGS stuff, and my Chrono Trigger/Eartbound/Mario RPG, which being from the UK I didn't think I'd ever realistically find in the wild, so were a bit of a holy grail

esdnkedwlrym.jpg

c8pprbqzhqk8.jpg
yz18gqnk7oo4.jpg
yl6i8xghjod4.jpg
AZKeNfa.png
22853195_101558538596rvo1e.jpg
kxiw7g89spl1.png
jbafb0mmhp46.jpg
I now have to live in hope that my landlord never wants to sell up, because I doubt I'll ever find a flat with such perfect shelving ever again.

Would love to see what other people have, I bet there is some insane ones out there

Last edited:

Cardigan

Oct 28, 2017
Recently moved and finally got my own personal space, so my room is still very much a work in progress. I've got my games in the corner which I still need to organize. Classic systems are hooked up to a CRT. I've got my PC w/ 360 also hooked up to the monitor, and a 4K TV on the other side of the room. And finally I have my pinball machine in the corner :) . The room is pretty messy right now, but I'm just happy that I have a place where I can have it all out and not packed up in boxes.
nw6zuzyssp8r.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gimpy

Gimpy

Oct 26, 2017
Recently moved and finally got my own personal space, so my room is still very much a work in progress. I've got my games in the corner which I still need to organize. Classic systems are hooked up to a CRT. I've got my PC w/ 360 also hooked up to the monitor, and a 4K TV on the other side of the room. And finally I have my pinball machine in the corner :) . The room is pretty messy right now, but I'm just happy that I have a place where I can have it all out and not packed up in boxes.
Nw6zUzY.jpg

That's a pretty cool setup - in my old place I had a whole dedicated games room, and although I don't think things were displayed as nicely, I kinda miss having a dedicated room where everything was. I have a PVM for my retro consoles as well, just such a night and day difference

Anarki

Oct 27, 2017
I don't have a neat display for all gaming things like some of you guys, really good looking collections
I'll crosspost from the handheld game collection thread:
So here's mine
37930882816_887c79203c_k.jpg
37930882596_31dd95a08d_k.jpg
37930882336_4aa0e0476b_k.jpg

And my handhelds
37930881516_d1087d8751_k.jpg
And for console games and other stuff
37986747851_99b21e9ea5_o.jpg

37986749471_7913ec164d_o.jpg

24135643038_1e1f9141e9_o.jpg

Some soundtracks
37986747661_253eb54dd4_o.jpg

and of course amiibo (and some other toys)
24135642958_ac30bfa7ba_o.jpg

24135642688_cf9a9cc315_k.jpg

37956735862_aab4ff4374_o.jpg

Last edited:

_Karooo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I had a massive game collection, it's all gone. I only buy digital now. Would love to see everyone's games collections though.

sarcoa

Oct 25, 2017
Louisville KY USA
I like these shelves because they're relatively slim. Not a lot of wasted space like a regular book shelf. I can take closer shots of each section if there's any interest.
Would prefer a better arrangement for the speaker towers, but this is the best I can do with the space. It's hard to find new TV stands or entertainment centers that support 200lb televisions.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gimpy

Gimpy

Oct 26, 2017
I like these shelves because they're relatively slim. Not a lot of wasted space like a regular book shelf. I can take closer shots of each section if there's any interest.
img_64666yjjr.jpg
Would prefer a better arrangement for the speaker towers, but this is the best I can do with the space. It's hard to find new TV stands or entertainment centers that support 200lb televisions.
img_1256s1kpp.jpg
img_6464mek7p.jpg
Those shelves are awesome, would love a closer look

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Hurray! Love these threads. Always interesting to see what everyone else is doing, and also what you share with others. :D

Here's my stuff of not just games, but also anime, manga, and figures,

KFHqTrMl.jpg

N5BkK8xl.jpg

VyL3xoyl.jpg

t5FaRggl.jpg

w17RsQyl.jpg

d1nsGksl.jpg

wzbyb2Ul.jpg

IAliJDfl.jpg

4V6RfXCl.jpg

9rG5hqSl.jpg

rbPOg9Il.jpg

3F7bKx0l.jpg

4e7zDKrl.jpg

SWcnzyAl.jpg

tJ45wowl.jpg

fALL0nGl.jpg

YCJMPbUl.jpg

WkGUjm0l.jpg

dTd7Cprl.jpg

DN4SqQ3l.jpg

GROFUZrl.jpg

Last edited:

bawjaws

Oct 28, 2017
I'm quite happy with digital-only and I can't think when I last bought a physical copy of a game. I think that once games moved to CD/DVD jewel cases then having physical copies just stopped feeling so special. I remember back in the day having Amiga games that came in boxes that were two inches thick and had six disks or whatever, plus proper printed manuals, quickstart guides and keyboard overlays. I've still got almost all of my original Amiga games somewhere, I should definitely dig them out at some point because there were some absolute monsters.

Hexadron

Oct 25, 2017
Can everyone stop using the spoiler tags to post their photos? I find that I'm missing peoples collections this way :(

OP
OP
Gimpy

Gimpy

Oct 26, 2017
I'm quite happy with digital-only and I can't think when I last bought a physical copy of a game. I think that once games moved to CD/DVD jewel cases then having physical copies just stopped feeling so special. I remember back in the day having Amiga games that came in boxes that were two inches thick and had six disks or whatever, plus proper printed manuals, quickstart guides and keyboard overlays. I've still got almost all of my original Amiga games somewhere, I should definitely dig them out at some point because there were some absolute monsters.

bawjaws :*) Old PC boxes were mad weren't they, what was the logic to them? Something like making PC 'Software' be distinct from video games? Just absolutely obscene sizes, would be surprised if anybody had the space to have a properly displayed sizable boxed PC collection

OP
OP
Gimpy

Gimpy

Oct 26, 2017
any1 having issues displaying some of these? like half the pics just show up as IMG

I think it depends where they're hosted - I originally had mine hosted on Imgur and they showed up fine for me on my computer, but not at all on mobile. I re-hosted mine and it was fine after - unless you still can't see mine in the OP, in which case I am stumped

bawjaws

Oct 28, 2017
bawjaws :*) Old PC boxes were mad weren't they, what was the logic to them? Something like making PC 'Software' be distinct from video games? Just absolutely obscene sizes, would be surprised if anybody had the space to have a properly displayed sizable boxed PC collection
Gimpy my man :)
Yeah, I think the idea was to make them stand out on the shelves, plus there were loads of games like simulations or RPGs that required proper manuals, plus the whole multiple disk issue later on. I'm amazed that some of these games were actually profitable as the production cost of the packaging must have been brutal.

My Amiga stuff takes up an inordinate amount of space given the actual number of games involved.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Most of my games are in bins in the basement, just a Nintendo, Sega, PlayStation and Xbox burial ground at this point. I just have no desire to display them somewhere. The shelving would be insane.

Mexen

Oct 26, 2017
I guess I can post a screenshot of my Steam library. Please note that it's not impressive.

ValtermcPires

Oct 30, 2017
Squarehard i have other collections (Wii U, 3DS, PC and my small PS3 collection), but since i only play and buy games for PS4 i though i would only share for her :D

Still missing one game to finish my Wii U collection, Yoshi's Woolly World.

Stuart

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
dsc_1205jisd6.jpg

The PS3 game with the Asian title is Okami HD. I probably own every game I'm currently interested in (with the exception of Switch titles as I don't have the console yet).

OP
OP
Gimpy

Gimpy

Oct 26, 2017
It's nice to have a curated collection like that. My collection in the OP used to be a lot bigger, but it was just collecting for the sake of it after a while, I just had so many games I felt like I wasn't that interested in playing. Feel loads better about it now its full of games I love or am interested in or have some nostalgic value, even though it's a fair bit smaller now

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
It's nice to have a curated collection like that. My collection in the OP used to be a lot bigger, but it was just collecting for the sake of it after a while, I just had so many games I felt like I wasn't that interested in playing. Feel loads better about it now its full of games I love or am interested in or have some nostalgic value, even though it's a fair bit smaller now
If that's considered "a fair bit smaller", I wish I could've seen it in its full glory. :*(

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
Hurray! Love these threads. Always interesting to see what everyone else is doing, and also what you share with others. :D

Here's my stuff of not just games, but also anime, manga, and figures,

KFHqTrMl.jpg

N5BkK8xl.jpg

VyL3xoyl.jpg

t5FaRggl.jpg

w17RsQyl.jpg

d1nsGksl.jpg

wzbyb2Ul.jpg

IAliJDfl.jpg

4V6RfXCl.jpg

9rG5hqSl.jpg

rbPOg9Il.jpg

3F7bKx0l.jpg

4e7zDKrl.jpg

SWcnzyAl.jpg

tJ45wowl.jpg

fALL0nGl.jpg

YCJMPbUl.jpg

WkGUjm0l.jpg

dTd7Cprl.jpg

DN4SqQ3l.jpg

GROFUZrl.jpg

Yes!!! The epic collection gets pictures again! :D.

I honestly really like your collection. I can imagine the vast majority of items in there having been played or read through, and all having a personal history of some sort as a result. I'd love to amass a collection like that one day. It really is fantastic :D. How long did you say you've been collecting for again?

BeatNinja

Oct 25, 2017
I'll give 'er the ol whirl. It isn't as crazy as some of you guys but I like my collection and setup. It grows a little more each year. I apologize for some potentially grainy photos.

Collector's editions
DNaVRxoU8AAFt4l.jpg

3DS and junk
DNaVRxdVQAEyXS_.jpg

Amiibo, artbooks, SMT, PS4, and PS1.
DNaVRymV4AAie9m.jpg

My two arcade sticks. The Qanba Drone for PS4 is modded with Sanwa buttons.
nSjzDl0vQ4elDcs-5k1Tcg.png

da rest of em
gM6b2pCFRRmCpN03XozEuw.png

I have the Wii, Wii U, Gamecube, DS, and Xbox 360 games tucked away awkwardly in this TV stand, I plan to eventually get a shelf dedicated to those games, but who knows when I'll get around to that.

NinjaBoiX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I had a fairly sizeable Xbox 360 and PS3 collection, about 80-90 games each, and about 50 blu-rays at one point. But I realised that I was just collecting for the sake of collecting, I was never going to actually replay any of these. And to be honest, it was a bit embarrassing when people came over, having bookcases full of games! I often got, "bloody hell, how many have you got!?! How much did you spend on all that?"

I moved city, sold my whole collection (bar a handful of blurays and DVD's) bought a PS4, and now I have about 6 physical games in a drawer under my TV. Digital library is about 100 strong.

I like my home to be relatively clutter free, some pictures hung up, maybe a few cushions and a house plant here or there, but I have no desire to display stacks and stacks of video games and little plastic figures. I dunno, looks a bit tacky to me.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Yes!!! The epic collection gets pictures again! :D.

I honestly really like your collection. I can imagine the vast majority of items in there having been played or read through, and all having a personal history of some sort as a result. I'd love to amass a collection like that one day. It really is fantastic :D. How long did you say you've been collecting for again?

Appreciate it. ^__^

To be honest, I haven't been collecting as long as you would think. If I have to put a number on it, I'd say roughly 10 years or so? I mean, I've had a very petite collection prior to that, and it wasn't really until a decade ago that it just sort of exploded out of nowhere, and here we are now. :3

Wizard level shit man

I will post mine but no way in hell I can compete with this next level shit

Also I saw ps2 mafia +1 fam

Post! Post! :D

I'll give 'er the ol whirl. It isn't as crazy as some of you guys but I like my collection and setup. It grows a little more each year. I apologize for some potentially grainy photos.

Collector's editions
DNaVRxoU8AAFt4l.jpg

3DS and junk
DNaVRxdVQAEyXS_.jpg

Amiibo, artbooks, SMT, PS4, and PS1.
DNaVRymV4AAie9m.jpg

My two arcade sticks. The Qanba Drone for PS4 is modded with Sanwa buttons.
nSjzDl0vQ4elDcs-5k1Tcg.png

da rest of em
gM6b2pCFRRmCpN03XozEuw.png

I have the Wii, Wii U, Gamecube, DS, and Xbox 360 games tucked away awkwardly in this TV stand, I plan to eventually get a shelf dedicated to those games, but who knows when I'll get around to that.

All in due time. ;D

Also, I think one part that I enjoy quite a bit, strangely enough, is when I'm about to run out of space, and I had to start figuring out where my next shelf is going to go.

It drives me nuts, but when I do figure it out, it feels awesome... lol. I'm weird. :P

Wow, I hope some of you guys have insurance on this stuff

I do, but the value exceeds it at its current state since I never updated the coverage since awhile back. Will probably get around to it at some point, but luckily I live in a state, and area where climate issues are never a worry. *knocks on wood*

I had a fairly sizeable Xbox 360 and PS3 collection, about 80-90 games each, and about 50 blu-rays at one point. But I realised that I was just collecting for the sake of collecting, I was never going to actually replay any of these. And to be honest, it was a bit embarrassing when people came over, having bookcases full of games! I often got, "bloody hell, how many have you got!?! How much did you spend on all that?"

I moved city, sold my whole collection (bar a handful of blurays and DVD's) bought a PS4, and now I have about 6 physical games in a drawer under my TV. Digital library is about 100 strong.

I like my home to be relatively clutter free, some pictures hung up, maybe a few cushions and a house plant here or there, but I have no desire to display stacks and stacks of video games and little plastic figures. I dunno, looks a bit tacky to me.
I personally feel if you're embarrassed by it, then it's probably not for you anyways.

I enjoy it, and when I have people over I actually get the opposite reaction.

They would just sit in front of the library, browsing through things to do, and then spending like an hour trying to decide, and at the end we end up going out, lol.

I have no qualms at all about having mine out and about for all to see. ^__^
Some old shots of my collection, that miss 14 physical copies of current gen games and about 30 digital ones.

I keep my games inside the white locker in the last pic.

EDIT: Resized one of the images.
Don't hide it, be proud brother!

ridaxan

Oct 29, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
Some awesome collections in here.

I had about +-300 games across PS2/XBOX/360/PS3/Wii/WiiU but I sold them. I'm fully digital now for this gen.

If I do have any left they are probably stored in a box in my garage.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
Heh. I wouldn't, if I had a larger shelf. The current one can barely hold all of my movies and books. I also value my game collection the most, so I want to keep them in a more secure and dust-free space.
Ah, in that case, fair enough. XD

Some awesome collections in here.

I had about +-300 games across PS2/XBOX/360/PS3/Wii/WiiU but I sold them. I'm fully digital now for this gen.

If I do have any left they are probably stored in a box in my garage.
:*(
i9UKLNz.jpg

Full Album
Here's my shelf as of 2 years ago.

Here's my Final Fantasy collection as of 4 years ago.
2dEwQfK.jpg

2dEwQfK

And an update from a year ago.
IrPENWf.jpg

IrPENWf

Full Album
Nice collection, and collected collections. ;D