• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
Everything's in the title !

Whether you're big bad dude or the one and only one-shot kid, whether you're a young pretty girl or a dumb old lady with no teeths, you're all welcome here.

I'm gonna start this up with my little Nellie.

MPLzrfa.jpg

d7gEPd0.jpg
57frSlV.jpg

Now, she might be skinny but she packs a punch so beware.

And now it's your turn, show us your mean faces !

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
Wow that's a great looking character. Most I've seen range between icky and good god put it out of its misery.

OP
OP
CaptainKashup

CaptainKashup

Banned
May 10, 2018
This.. I need some help lol

Bonus points if you include your sliders. My characters have all looked horrible.

I'm sure they're okay.
I don't actually have my sliders. But I do remember the "type" of each feature.
Head 3, Skinny, Age 18, Eyes Furrowed, Nose Turned Up, Lips Smoocher, Jaw Neutral, Ears Small and Cheeks Full. The rest of it, I don't know.
But something to remember : Age is bugged, it'll reset back to 60 on your character's face while still showing 18 if you change your skin color.

Leviathan

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm sure they're okay.
I don't actually have my sliders. But I do remember the "type" of each feature.
Head 3, Skinny, Age 18, Eyes Furrowed, Nose Turned Up, Lips Smoocher, Jaw Neutral, Ears Small and Cheeks Full. The rest of it, I don't know.
But something to remember : Age is bugged, it'll reset back to 60 on your character's face while still showing 18 if you change your skin color.
Thank you so much for the detailed description. Hopefully I can do something with that. Great character.

Regarding the age thing, does that mean we should just set skin before age?

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Recreated the character I played in the first game's multiplayer. I was surprised with just how accurate I got.

46049440062_f86842d305_o.png

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I find impossible to get the eyes to look right. Everything else I can make perfect for what I want, but the eyes always just make you look like a god damn lunatic.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Give me an easy way to do this cause I like my character.

This should be part of that dumb app.

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
This is the only image I have easy access to, sorry it's not the best:

85ce38bc-0a21-4e78-a1kdng.jpeg

This is not really what I was going for (looks more like a supermodel than a gunslinger), but it was the best I could do. I found the character creator was like riding a bull, I was just hanging on for dear life and hoping for the best lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
Thanks for making me aware of this thread endlessflood though sorry I don't have a slider pic.

Tried to make a character close to Ciri from The Witcher 3. If I wasn't exhausted might have spent more time with the editor, but here is the result:

mIC5RyA.jpg

Vex

Oct 25, 2017

This is not really what I was going for (looks more like a supermodel than a gunslinger), but it was the best I could do. I found the character creator was like riding a bull, I was just hanging on for dear life and hoping for the best lol.
I am in love. Oui.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017

Wow she looks great. Wishing I spent some more time and went with a female character now after seeing this and the other ones in this thread. My character ended up looking more like Arthur but slightly different lmao.

Deleted member 25870

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Nice characters considering the consensus seems to be that the character creator is worse than GTA Online's. Similar to GTAO, characters also seem to differ in appearance between the creator and in-game. What you build isn't necessarily what you get when you start playing. In GTA this required using a glitch to go back and forth from creator to in-game several times to get the look you wanted. Later R* added an option to pay to revisit the character creator, which made the process easier but more costly.

Deleted member 11093

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
alright how the fuck did you de-uglify your female character

i chose the 15th preset and made her as young as she could be and she still has wrinkles all over her face

edit: this is mine

Sc89vFU.jpg

AcbzGVg.jpg

it took me a good 10 minutes to find a good good angles for her because people kept dropping by and shooting me for no reason, ah, the classic rockstar online experience

edit2: wait people start out the game with different hairstyles? the one they gave to me was the stuff of the nightmares

Last edited:

smart patrol

Oct 27, 2017
Wow she looks great. Wishing I spent some more time and went with a female character now after seeing this and the other ones in this thread. My character ended up looking more like Arthur but slightly different lmao.
Hmm, you can't change your character? You're stuck with what you initially create?

endlessflood

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Australia (GMT+10)
I think there's a bug where if you visit the barber and look at the makeup settings, it increases your age to the maximum with no way for you to reset it short of starting at level 1 again.

Also some of the women's hairstyles have weird bugs. The messy ponytail sticks upwards at about 15 degrees like it's fixed with concrete when you're riding on horses (which obviously looks ridiculous), and the front ponytail has a weird issue where the bottom 30 cm juts out directly in front of you. You could hang a coat on it. It's very distracting in cutscenes. It's particularly annoying because that haircut is very expensive, and in the barbers chair you conveniently can't see the bottom 30 cm of it.

Hmm, you can't change your character? You're stuck with what you initially create?
If you change your character you keep all of your stuff but you get reset to level 1 I think.

Last edited:

NerevaRising

Oct 5, 2018
I don't have a picture right now but my character looks like Liam Neeson, which is weird because I was trying to make myself and I don't look anything like Liam Neeson.

Slaythe

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Still haven't properly started this fucking thing.

Trying to get a good looking character is really hard. (male)

Deleted member 11421

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Here's my gunslinger lady. Noticed a bit of disparity between in-game model and the actual model in the character creator, though. Oh well.

DtVrdmjV4AElw9E.jpg
DtVrhw5V4AEyYHE.jpg

Yeah, no pic (sorry) but in the creator my guy looked like a badass old man based off someone I once worked with. When I actually started playing, it made his cheeks swollen as if he had a reaction to something. I should've restarted that first day but I'm too deep in now.

Zeel

Oct 27, 2017
I came into this thread expecting something completely else. I was literally shocked at how beautiful those characters look compared to my personal abomination, I am doing something wrong.

Maligna

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I made a Chinese lady named Mei Ling. It helps me roleplay.

The fact that she doesn't talk, I imagine it's because she doesn't speak English well enough. And anyone who randomly attacks me is just a horrible racist.

HuABCGhh.jpg

9R1pskuh.jpg

k76Jg9Ch.jpg

I named her horse Mr. Wu after the Deadwood character. The two of them are "Heng Dai".