• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
I just woke up from a nap. I'm feeling groggy, I'm washing out from my current antidepressants and my head is spinning a little.

There's a image that pops into my mind. Puppet knights in space. They have very distinct caricature features.

Is this real? What am I thinking about here?

I search on google. This is what I find.

I don't remember this theme song but the show is very real. How old was I when I watched this?

Over to you, Era. Do you have a show that you thought you imagined but was actually just a deeply buried memory? Have you also seen Space Knights?

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
not a show, but for some time i thought i might have hallucinated that the game "harvester" existed because long time ago i read abut it, but then i forgot what it was called and searching for it yielded no results.

One day someone posted a video of the game in tumblr and i was like "oh, so it did exist after all!"

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not a show, but when I was a very little kid, I had a dream about a yellow submarine in this whacky environment fending off blue people.

Turns out, it wasn't a dream at all.

268x0w.jpg

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
Before Adult Swim premiered, they did stealth airings of several of the shows at like 3am on weekends. I actually fell asleep with the tv on one time and awoke to see the first Harvey Birdman episode and one of the Sealab 2021 ones. Couldn't tell if I was dreaming or not, especially since I'd watched the original Birdman/Johnny Quest/Sealab as a kid and was familiar with them. When Adult Swim got announced a while later it cleared it all up for me.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Joey, the spinoff from Friends.

Who the fuck thought that would be a good idea? "Hey Frasier was amazing and it spawned from Cheers, might as well do a whole show about an uninteresting character".

I still feel like Matt LeBlanc wasted a couple of good years doing that shit.

Oh shit, missed the whole point of the OP, sorry. Serious reply would be El Juego de la Oca, it was a Spanish game show that was a popular hit in Mexico and first time I saw it I thought it was unbelievable. Was around 6-7 years old back then.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Anything PBS Kids from the 90s. I am pretty certain whatever drugs they didn't do in the 80s they just dumped em wholesale into the PBS offices and that's basically how those shows were then conceived. But yeah, Big Comfy Couch. A learning show about a scary ass clown girl teaching you all sorts of things, and you can also learn how to read a clock without labelling because she lays down on the floor and becomes the clock hands. I remember all this because I just looked things up, and it came back like a flood.

Kitsunebaby

Oct 27, 2017
Annapolis, Maryland
Space Cases. I had a vague memory of watching it as a kid and would mention it in conversation, but no one ever knew what I was talking about. I couldn't remember its name, and early Google searches gave me nothing. I thought maybe I made the whole thing up until I finally found proof just 7-8 years ago.

rasu

Dec 22, 2017
ahh... what was it called... there was a VERY bizarre cartoon that used to be on teletoon late at night... it was flatly coloured and took place in space. I think the humour was very dry? There was this one character who was a spaceman with, like, 7 heads. I think it was called "captain space", or some such. I think about that cartoon sometimes.

Edit: It was called Captain Star!

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Definitely Plasmo.
This weird shit used to be on TV in the afternoons when I got home from school.. It was unsettling then and it's still unsettling now.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Only marginally related but there's a crime show from a couple years ago that literally ended with the protagonist waking up from a dream in the final episode's ending - turns out NONE of the events of the show were real. Way to waste my time.

Deleted member 32563

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Not a show but a movie called Existenz....

Thought I was crazy then I found it was real a couple years later. The whole premise felt so ridiculous I just assumed it was a trippy as memory or something.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Hickory House - a kids Tv show in the 70s. I vividly remember it having a cushion and a sarcastic mop as characters (Humphrey cushion and Dusty mop). But nobody seemed to remember it. Got to the point I wasn't quite sure if it was real or I imagined it when I was little

Internet to the rescue

Also I'd forgotten how hot the presenter was. And the show seems pretty similar to Rainbow - Humphrey cushion is a bit like George the hippo, and dusty mop is like Zippy.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
There was a show called Into The Labyrinth that was stuck in my head for years but I didn't remember the title so I could never find it until one of our "shows you remember, names you don't" threads.

There's another show or movie that I barely remember about teens on bikes or rollerblades who were messengers or delivery people, but like there was an alternate reality that they sometimes crossed over to. Have no idea if it's real or if I dreamt it. And no not Dark Angel.

Deleted member 5549

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it's still a dream to me, because I can't find the name of that show. I think it was a UK show from the 80s (maybe early 90s) where aliens lived on earth under water (like some secret underwater base?). the only thing I vividly remember is those two kids and some old mentor/professor-type person, who whenever they're in trouble, they pretend to take the bus, but actually just hide somewhere and let the bad people chase the bus.

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia

I spent years trying to find evidence of Mot. There was a long period of time where it seemed like nobody had uploaded anything relating to it.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK

Round the Twist was a fever dream made real, manifesting from the collective unconscious minds of tv viewers.

FoxJenkins

Dec 12, 2017
WMAC masters I think. I vividly think about this show. All the time. And I've never once watched it. I just know it was a black dude with braids and some kind of emblems.

TheCthultist

Oct 27, 2017
New York
Anything PBS Kids from the 90s. I am pretty certain whatever drugs they didn't do in the 80s they just dumped em wholesale into the PBS offices and that's basically how those shows were then conceived. But yeah, Big Comfy Couch. A learning show about a scary ass clown girl teaching you all sorts of things, and you can also learn how to read a clock without labelling because she lays down on the floor and becomes the clock hands. I remember all this because I just looked things up, and it came back like a flood.
Ah come on, Big Comfy Couch was great. And Loonette wan't scary, she was adorable... and yes I did just happen to remember her name off the top of my head because that goddamn theme song is forever burned into my memory from when I was a kid...

Anyway, back to the topic at hand, Dudley the Dragon and Eureeka's Castle were the two I was sure I just kind of imagined from jumbled bits of childhood memory, but doing a quick google search proved they were in fact real just now...

Skip ahead to around 20:10 more fun memories...

I remember liking Eureeka's a lot more than that one, but for the life of me I cant actually remember a single thing that happened in it. Just a fun, knock-off muppets type show.

Last edited:

carda114

Oct 28, 2017
Hey, does anyone remember something called "Candle Cove"?

Kidding.

Never really felt this way about stuff I saw as a kid, but the closest I got was when I saw on a public access show local to Buffalo some black and white horror movie with a man stalking a woman, and the one scene where she looks over the landing rail and sees him standing at the bottom of the stairs staring up at her scared the bejeezus out of me. It wasn't until almost a decade later in college that, by chance, I found out this was a cult horror film titled "Carnival of Souls." And it was still very spooky.

Deleted member 27246

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I remember once I was drinking with a friend at home. It got really late (or early) and in the morning..around 5, there was this show on tv for little kids. I remember my friend saying: Is thisshit for real...or are we that drunk?

That shit was for real....freaky af. It is called Boohbah. Look at these abominations. It is like Teletubbies on acid.

oberjin

Oct 31, 2017
In France, in 1986-1987 we had this creepy show "La vie des Botes" it's a french-canadian sitcom for kids but with androids. Just looking at their faces still give me the creeps brrrrr

Warning : pure nightmare fuel !

Typhon

Oct 25, 2017
it's still a dream to me, because I can't find the name of that show. I think it was a UK show from the 80s (maybe early 90s) where aliens lived on earth under water (like some secret underwater base?). the only thing I vividly remember is those two kids and some old mentor/professor-type person, who whenever they're in trouble, they pretend to take the bus, but actually just hide somewhere and let the bad people chase the bus.

Are you talking about Escape to Witch Mountain? https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Escape_to_Witch_Mountain_(1975_film) or Ocean Girl? https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Ocean_Girl

As for me I remember a show that aired on Nickoleon in the 90s. It involved an old man living in the British countryside and he had robots including one he flew around in. I think it's real.

Edit: Holy shit, I found it.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017

Round the Twist was a fever dream made real, manifesting from the collective unconscious minds of tv viewers.

Jesus, I forgot about this one. I watched it all the time as a kid because it was on. Couldn't recall anything about it except the intro though.

In a similar vein (in that it was a weird kids show,) there was a CBBC show called Jeopardy that was about a bunch of Scottish kids going on a school trip to Australia to look for aliens. It had some found footage horror stuff in it and it was bizarre. IIRC it got weirdly dark at times, a lot of the first series plot revolves around one of their group being bitten by a snake and becoming incredibly sick from the poison then the third season had a virus that straight up killed multiple of the kids in the group.
No idea if it holds up but that it was ever made still kinda surprises me and it was popular enough to get 3 series of episodes but I don't know anybody else who has seen it so I feel like a crazy person every time I bring it up.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017

It certainly doesn't fit the entirety of your description, so I'm wondering if you're joining two shows together, because part of that sounds an awful lot like Timebusters.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017

I loved Round the Twist, but I also loved a very different show called Round the Bend, which is always a pain when I'm talking about it because people think I'm getting the name wrong!

But yes, Round The Bend definitely fits the bill as well.

F8TlVUq.png

8w0ZmMK.png

nz8t27B.png

OnYHdDQ.png

Fxq4Igu.png

Ntc1nVH.png

jTD6nqq.png

V5eWIoq.png

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
In a similar vein (in that it was a weird kids show,) there was a CBBC show called Jeopardy that was about a bunch of Scottish kids going on a school trip to Australia to look for aliens. It had some found footage horror stuff in it and it was bizarre. IIRC it got weirdly dark at times, a lot of the first series plot revolves around one of their group being bitten by a snake and becoming incredibly sick from the poison then the third season had a virus that straight up killed multiple of the kids in the group.
No idea if it holds up but that it was ever made still kinda surprises me and it was popular enough to get 3 series of episodes but I don't know anybody else who has seen it so I feel like a crazy person every time I bring it up.
Jeopardy scared the shit out of me.

From what I remember it was heavily inspired by Predator, with the heat vision POV shots from the alien watching the kids.
CBBC had a great range of unusually dark content. Demon Headmaster, and that other Australian import 'Orca' or something which was set on an underwater base (Felt like DS9 for kids).

Pyramid Head

Oct 27, 2017
I always thought that the episode of X-Files where Mulder and Scully go to a Cher gig must have been some sort of fever dream I'd had when I was younger until I saw it during a re-watch a few years ago.

Deleted member 5549

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are you talking about Escape to Witch Mountain? https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Escape_to_Witch_Mountain_(1975_film) or Ocean Girl? https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Ocean_Girl

As for me I remember a show that aired on Nickoleon in the 90s. It involved an old man living in the British countryside and he had robots including one he flew around in. I think it's real.

Edit: Holy shit, I found it.

It certainly doesn't fit the entirety of your description, so I'm wondering if you're joining two shows together, because part of that sounds an awful lot like Timebusters.
it could be just something like 5 shows my mind tries to mix up into one thing or something, but it's not the shows you were suggesting.

one thing I seem to remember (and I hope it's part of that show I'm looking for): when they're underwater that alien/monster hideout/base seem to be more organic, where they can actually push through the gooey, translucent-looking ceiling/walls to get out.

Deleted member 11985

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Still can't believe this (AWESOME) shit was real. How high were Disney executives during the 90s?

I remember having to wake up at like 6 or 7am on a Saturday just to be able to watch that. Biker Mice From Mars would usually be around the same time slot, too. That was some good Saturday morning TV, if only it wasn't so early in the morning.

Serein

Mar 7, 2018
I loved Round the Twist, but I also loved a very different show called Round the Bend, which is always a pain when I'm talking about it because people think I'm getting the name wrong!

But yes, Round The Bend definitely fits the bill as well.

F8TlVUq.png

8w0ZmMK.png

nz8t27B.png

OnYHdDQ.png

Fxq4Igu.png

Ntc1nVH.png

jTD6nqq.png

V5eWIoq.png
Oh, another nomination, one I'm fond of, but it's bizarre: Wizbit:

ivHIywW.png

sbicfTM.png

of47ObF.png

Round the Bend I remember (and loved) but I'd forgotten about Wizbit. That yellow cone thing is definitely tripping something in the back of my mind though.

I can't even remember what the hell Pob was about, I just remember the intro.