• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sarobi

Oct 25, 2017
Console wars have officially ended. You can all go home to your families!

rude

Oct 25, 2017
this gen is going to shit on last gen tbqh....both companies are going to do special things

CanUKlehead

Oct 30, 2017
What a traitor. /s

I'd be shocked if Phil and Shu didn't send each other their respective consoles at launch.

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Console warriors are always way more militant than the people who actually work at these companies.

Because they are, you know, functioning adults with lives.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Console wars have officially ended. You can all go home to your families!
200.gif

60fdc157-4570-48d2-b3bb-8758c76fd181_text.gif

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
Its because the majority of these companies employees don't care about "console wars". I reember when Mike Ybarra got flak for playing I think it was God of War on a stream and people were like, "you shouldn't be doing that as a Microsoft employee." They don't care, they just love the industry.

The internet cares far more then any actual employees.

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
Console warriors are always way more militant than the people who actually work at these companies.

they could give less of a shit, but the console warrior trolls never get that.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
What a traitor. /s

I'd be shocked if Phil and Shu didn't send each other their respective consoles at launch.
I wouldn't be shocked either, considering they eat together at restaurants at E3 and seem to like each other.
Nah Shu is just saying this so Phil lowers his guard so he can go for the kill.

That's why PS and Xbox work together in the HDR Group. They just want to be close to the enemy. Like the saying says, be close to your friends and closer to your enemy. All makes sense now 🙂🤣

Splader

Feb 12, 2018

To be fair, a bit of the opposite can also be said. Some people think all developers are completely neutral and have no bias/console preference, when that's very often not the case.

AstroLad

Oct 31, 2017
User Warned: Platform Warring
i know he's an executive so he has to take the high horse, but it's honestly fair for fans who are out there supporting his system to be annoyed at this. would be like if your coach high fiving the opposing coach for scoring a touchdown on you when the game's still on the line. why not instead point out how esteemed gran turismo is and what they have in the pipeline ps5? even like a little "don't sleep on us" jab would be pretty good.

basically corporate politics suck but its no surprise in today's climate

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
To be fair, a bit of the opposite can also be said. Some people think all developers are completely neutral and have no bias/console preference, when that's very often not the case.
No, it's really not.

i know he's an executive so he has to take the high horse, but it's honestly fair for fans who are out there supporting his system to be annoyed at this. would be like if your coach high fiving the opposing coach for scoring a touchdown on you when the game's still on the line. why not instead point out how esteemed gran turismo is and what they have in the pipeline ps5? even like a little "don't sleep on us" jab would be pretty good.

You're saying corporate politics sucks…because of how civil and professional it is?

T0kenAussie

Jan 15, 2020

Opposing coaches shake hands all the time. If anything people who don't are called bad sports and a rightfully reprimanded

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020

...what is "the game" in this case, that fans are supposed to be concerned about? Who sells the most hardware? Making sure the "other" system has no good games, or at least ignoring it when they do? Treating sales like a petty rivalry?

The competition is a capitalistic one between two large multinational corporations. The fact that the players view this landscape as two opposing teams in a zero sum contest is entirely part of the problem.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020

What? This will shock you then...
Sony and Microsoft have formed the HDR Gaming Interest Group (HGIG) and are inviting TV manufactures, game developers, and others to participate in an effort to improve the HDR gaming experience.
https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1534743725

and GDC events where developers of different companies talks about their learnings to improve the work of everybody interested.

Chettlar

Oct 25, 2017
Yoshida and Spencer are both really gracious people, and they both genuinely love games. I'm glad they are very public with it. It won't stem any console wars, but it's a good tone to set anyway.

Bungie

Oct 31, 2017

You definitely need to get out more

Oct 27, 2017
The World

Corporate politics or you know being adults?

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
"Keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer."

- Wesley Snipes (Blade 2)

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany

So you want toxic behaviour and fuming the flame instead of people behaving like adults, gotcha.

Thankfully that aint happening. And no its not "fair for fans to be annoyed", they should take a look at the mirror.

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Find it weird stuff like this is really seen as "news"
It's a nice thing sure though.

tobes231

Prophet of Truth
Jul 10, 2019
Australia

What in the world...