• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018

Knack 3.

No seriously, it's hard to say exactly what he means, but I believe he's saying they've seen Sony's western studios deliver AAA hit after AAA hit, and now it's time for Japan Studio to deliver a "high target" title that represents the Japanese creativity that only a Japanese studio can bring.

Is this a console Fate title? Is this the rebirth of Wild Arms? Or is this something new entirely. Suffice to say, Japan Studio is now woke (even though they already released my GotY last year, Astro Bot), and is ready to enter the big boy party.

Or, is this open to a different interpretation?

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it's hard to argue they've not succeeded there. Titles like Astro Bot, Patapon, and Gravity Rush are absolutely brimming with "Japanese creativity".

I'm interested to see what they've got coming next.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
This is the time to bring back a proper AAA RPG because that's the only element missing currently from their roster. Maybe bring back Dark Cloud, Alundra, Wild Arms, Legend of Dragoon, White Knight Chronicles, Arc the Lad, etc. and these various dormant JRPGs Sony owns. But more than likely, Bloodborne successor or another From Software collaboration is happening and what this is referring too. Unless it's a completely new AAA IP, hopefully an RPG.

cooldawn

Oct 28, 2017
I believe it's games designed and developed with a strong cultural Japanese mindset with higher overall quality.

Games like Gravity Rush, Bloodborne or Nier Automata...games western developers don't have the same vision or creativity to develop and western publishers who don't have the patience or see the value.

This is good news. Very good news.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
Dark Cloud 3 would be cool but I doubt they'd make it on their own without Level 5. Pretty much this will be a PS5 title most likely.

They could go to Level 5 or Sony could just decide to make it themselves. It's their franchise and Japan Studio is more than capable as they worked on one of the Dark Cloud games. But if it ever happens, chances are Sony would most likely want Level 5 to do it for PS5 so that is definitely true.

Dabi3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
More games on the scale of The Last Guardian. Please and thank you.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Last Guardian is one of the most creative and ambitious titles ive ever played. It's emotionaly taxing in a way most games just arent. Shu needs to give Ueda another 10 years because TLG was well worth the wait.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think a large scale JRPG would be awesome but not sure if they're aiming for huge projects like that or just ones more along the lines of those with a very Japanese feel to them.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Let's go!
cltumpruoaabwp5s3jsv.jpg

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
Sure, I'll take another Gravity Rush. Thanks a bunch!

Seriously though, can I have another Gravity Rush please? You don't make a protagonist and traversal system that good and then just abandon it forever.

Algorum

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Dec 23, 2018
An RPG full of crazy possibilities akin to Breath of the Wild is what they need.

And honestly the world needs.

Emilijo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I would buy any of these:

Puppeteer remaster/2/VR
Ape Escape remake/4/VR
Knack 3/VR
Astro Bot 2

CocoaFusion

Oct 28, 2017
I hope so. The unique titles that Japan Studio put out are nice and all, but not for me and don't really enjoy things like Puppeteer at all. I want to see them do a traditional AAA game already.