• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
May 26, 2018
So can we finally get Ape Escape back?

14D4JeI.gif

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
I think Japan Studio had a great geeration. The Last Guardian is the only game this gen to enter my top 10. Astro Bot is my favorite VR game, Everybody Golf is great. Just shame they went with Knack and Knack 2 and not a new Ape Escape game or a new Puppeteer.

YukiroCTX

Prophet of Regret
Oct 30, 2017
I think they need to be more consistency with their quality of titles up to par with the rest of their studios. I'd never thought I'd say this but I think their western Studio's not only run better but also have better feeling when controlling characters. They need to reign in on more quality. I love Gravity Rush 2 for example but some of the tasks you do in the main story line shouldn't even be in there in the first place because how utterly boring they usually are. If they plan to make more platforming games, Astrobot is literally the standard they should be meeting and trying to exceed. It's fun, unique and charming to play through. No more Knack titles please.

I would love a Fate game to happen.

Jan 20, 2019
Sony doesn't own From Software. They can't make them make another Bloodborne. The VR game was basically a small side project.

Same for Supermassive. They said they didn't want to make exclusives any more and their next big project is multiplatform.

You might subjectively not have faith in them as publisher, but objectively they are doing amazing and nothing indicates that will be changing.

Supermassive is making a exclusive title for Sony.

Jan 20, 2019
I know they are still making games for Sony, but doesn't change their statement about not wanting to do exclusives any more. I guess reality hit and the rent came due.

They want to make more money and Sony wants to sell more consoles, the same situation happen with Quantic Dream. They probably want to be bougth but Sony didn't want that, they want the best of both worlds and the lost both companies as a 2 party studios.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They want to make more money and Sony wants to sell more consoles, the same situation happen with Quantic Dream. They probably want to be bougth but Sony didn't want that, they want the best of both worlds and the lost both companies as a 2 party studios.

Funny you mention Quantic Dream because they're no longer making games exclusively for Sony

Oct 25, 2017
Funny you mention Quantic Dream because they're no longer making games exclusively for Sony

Didn't Sony drop them because of the workplace harassment situation?

I know, they lost both companies because of that.

You sure about that regarding Quantic Dream? I think they got dumped.

Regardless they should buy devs they don't think are a good fit. I really believe they were goimg to but QD if not for the workplace harassment lawsuit.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
JPRGs not named Final Fantasy(or Kingdom Hearts) don't sell.
You don't think Sony's 1st party has earned the goodwill to buck that trend, if they create an amazing product?

"Made by Sony" is something that carries a huge amount of weight in today's gaming world. That game would immediately be given far more attention and media space than smaller developers' JRPGs just on merit.