• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Latest quarterly results :

nAmDOjG.jpg

https://www.sony.net/SonyInfo/IR/library/presen/er/archive.html

Last edited:

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
That's a great result, 100k drop is nothing, I'm expecting them to revise their forecast again as PS4 seems to be on the way to do more than that.

Mory Dunz

Oct 25, 2017
we were wondering about that low 16m forecast before right

well now it's a bit higher at least.

Oct 27, 2017
Total : 82,2 millions PS4

The results are HUGE, no joke. Their annual forecast is now higher by a huge margin and the video game segment is stomping everything else in the company. God of War probably had some major impact as a major first party success.

For the fiscal year, the forecast in operating income is now 2,2 billion dollars compared to 1,7 billion dollars for the previous forecast in April.

VbvBhFg.jpg

Zedark

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Great performance. It was clear when GOW launched that the game was a big driver of sales, and it shows in the overperformance compared to expectations.

ethomaz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Santa Albertina
A but down compared with last year but the forecast really required a update up after the strong sales showed in the sales three months.

If they continue selling st that pace into the 5th year then I can see they doing over that 17m forecast.

What about the gaming revenue?

Edit - Crazy revenue for gaming... increase in hardware and software... 34% up.

KillerMan91

Oct 25, 2017
Now we have more realistic forecast. Their increased profit forecast for gaming division indicates that we don't see huge price promotions this fall though. Otherwise I could see PS4 selling even more than that 17 million this FY.

ponzies

Oct 28, 2017
The Playstation division alone last quarter had more revenue than Netflix's entire operation and Sony's entire market cap is less than 1/2 of Netflix's.

Adventureracing

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Impressive as always. The continued strong HW sales continue to surprise but the real story of the PS4 is shown in how much revenue they're making. The PS4 is just an incredible success for Sony.

OP
OP
Nightengale

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
Profits are 4.7x higher than Q1 2017.

Worth noting that Sony had God of War this year, whereas last year they had...Drawn to Death.

Now we have more realistic forecast. Their increased profit forecast for gaming division indicates that we don't see huge price promotions this fall though. Otherwise I could see PS4 selling even more than that 17 million this FY.

Either that - or the crazy success for God of War has their forecast and financial impact from Spider-Man increased.

MrTired

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe this chart helps at least with PS Plus subscribers:

Screenshot-7_31_2018-8_25_56-AM.jpg
Cheers, interesting subscriptions numbers have actually dropped.

PS4 sell through is never announced in the financials, that is always shipped. They announce sell through for example after holidays or at specific milestones. I think they only announce MAU and PS+ one time per year at IR day.
Good to know for future reference.

bane833

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Yeah, they could easily blow past 20 million if the go down to 199 this holiday season. Probably not going to happen though.

patapon

Banned
Dec 7, 2017
Absolutely fantastic results for gaming. Keep investing in PlayStation division Sony. Give us games, games and more games.

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
PS4 killing it is expected so I'm more interested in their other divisions. Sony camera once again see growth compared to last year thanks to their solid full-frame mirrorless camera. The mobile section on the other hand is sinking. Sony really need to rethink their phone strategy. Right now there are just too many Xperia models in the market with confusing names.

Arkert

Oct 28, 2017

bombshell

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denmark
They will easily reach the new 17m forecast for PS4 if Spider-Man is a home run success. That and they have RDR2 marketing.