• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RevengeTaken

Banned
Aug 12, 2018
Hey man, these insiders have proven right now that they aren't completely reliable. Jason and Benji and others said 2019 is more or less a lock for TLoU Part II. Zhuge knew this "probably was not" the case for ages and decided not to say anything. Shinobi thought Death Stranding getting a "surprise" Fall 2019 release was laughable.

I no longer can trust any of these people with information on big Sony games. Until we hear officially, I'm still saying TLoU still lined up for 2019.
Except jason, none of them are true insiders and most of their claims are based on their speculations!

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
This is all ok with me. I said since the start of the year, despite what others some times interpret, that more/better communication, and a single one of the big three, was all 2019 needed, to be eye to eye with previous years.

With Death Stranding coming (and I thought it could happen), plus Dreams and Concrete Genie, I have no problem in saying, 2019 is another one for the books.

PS: Don't be harsh on insiders, journalists. They speculate like we all do, perhaps some shouldn't speculate so much, but it's perfectly alright and part of the game, if they get it wrong from time to time.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
That is a brilliant OT title.

Feels a tiny bit surreal that we might finally get a release date for Death Stranding in a few hours and that the game might release in a few months. Exciting times!

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Plus some quality VR games like Blood and Truth, NMSVR, and Iron Man VR both released and on the way
Well, yes. And hopefully, there'll still be some other, unannounced little things. Let's not forget Asia is getting Persona 5: The Royal, there's the worldwide release of Shenmue 3 (PS exclusive), new Catherine coming to the West (the original sold pretty well, for what it is), and many others I'm probably forgetting.

But Death Stranding, really, is the cherry on the cake, this year was missing. Nothing until now, compares to the noise and hype, any of these three games bring on.

SeanMN

Oct 28, 2017
We'll likely got official confirmation today regarding Death Stranding, I'm just kind of surprised at what now appears to be the release order for Sony's last big 3 games. I had previously guessed only Ghosts would release this year, as Sucker Punch has had the most time to work on it, not it seems like this will be the last of the 3 games to release (I'd guess April/May next year).

Death Stranding will possibly release just 4 years after the studio (re)formation, that's a pretty good production timeline!

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
Does anyone else think it's really weird that Sony is releasing Death Stranding in November and TLoU2 early next year or is it just me? It feels like they should have their dates swapped.

Andrew-Ryan

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
Does anyone else think it's really weird that Sony is releasing Death Stranding in November and TLoU2 early next year or is it just me? It feels like they should have their dates swapped.
DS was supposed to come out earlier from what Kojima has said. Just spit balling but I think if Days Gone hadn't been moved from it's Feb spot and DS & TLoU2 hadn't been slightly delayed then it in all likelihood would have been:

Days Gone Feb
DS May-August
TLoU2 September-November

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Like I said in on of the DS threads:
If the November release is true it means Death Stranding was ~3 1/2 years in develoment while using the Decima Engine.
Which is kinda insane. Death Stranding is an AAA title and a new IP. Kojima didn't even have a studio ~3 1/2 years ago and was hiring people for his new studio in the first years.
Really impressive.

And TLOU2 in early 2020 is just perfect. Take all the time you need Naughty Dog for the sequel of the best game ever made :)

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Sooo... If The Last of Us Part II is February, what are the chances it comes out on Valentine's Day? It's a Friday.

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Serious question for the family lol

If Death Stranding and The Last Of Us 2 are indeed releasing November and early 2020... Sony must have something gargantuan to launch alongside the PS5 right? I don't care if it's 1st/2nd/3rd party but I know they value the power of an exclusives so right now my head is spinning?

Unless of course TLOU2 is a PS5 launch title?

giphy.gif

Donthizz

Oct 26, 2017

If Death Stranding and The Last Of Us 2 are indeed releasing November and early 2020... Sony must have something gargantuan to launch alongside the PS5 right? I don't care if it's 1st/2nd/3rd party but I know they value the power of an exclusives so right now my head is spinning?

giphy.gif

GOT PS5 launch title. Calling it now.

Rat King

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal

giphy.gif
anton-gonzalez-3.gif

Memento

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

giphy.gif

There are a lot of possibilities: Ghost of Tsushima (PS4/PS5 Cross Gen), Ratchet and Clank PS5, Demons Souls Remake by BluePoint, Horizon 2, Gran Turismo 7, Gravity Rush Team new project, etc.

All of those have realistic possibilities of being finished by late 2020.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

giphy.gif
Horizon Zero Dawn 2 is my guess <3

Deleted member 43220

May 11, 2018
Horizon 2, Ratchet & Clank, Bluepoint reimagining game, Bloodborne 2. Everything is possible.

Oct 25, 2017
Underground
From games are garbo anyway. We don't need a Bloodborne 2 or Demon's Souls remake. Put that money into something better like a new Colony Wars or Ape Escape or Legend of Dragoon.

✌🏾🏃🏾‍♂️💨

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
Status
Not open for further replies.